PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Program search...can anyone help?

yorumsfield
02-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Hello, everyone!

I am new to the boards, and I am looking for an old program... from Santa Anita, dated 3/12/1978. It wasn't a big day in racing history, so I haven't had any luck in my searches on eBay and the like. Does anyone know where I may be able to find one? It is intended as a gift for a friend of mine. Any leads would be so helpful! Thank you so much!

Kristy

njcurveball
02-10-2008, 02:06 PM
WOW! 30 years is a long time. I would say your best bet is to go to the track, talk to one of the Racing Managers and explain why it is so special.

If they are nice, perhaps you can post a flyer next to the scratches giving your contact info and whatever price you think it is worth. Makes sense the people who would have it are the ones who go there often.

If they are really resistant (I hope not), try placing an ad in the local papers.

Good luck in your search.:ThmbUp:

Jim

Greyfox
02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Have you contacted anyone at the DRF? Maybe they could make a photo of one and have it framed like a picture.

yorumsfield
02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just e-mailed Santa Anita - maybe some kind soul there can help me. I wish I could go to Santa Anita in person, but it's about 100 miles from here - I live near Del Mar. If anyone happens to come across a collector or if anyone knows someone who might have a connection, I would be eternally grateful!
Thanks,
Kristy

yorumsfield
02-10-2008, 10:15 PM
That's a great idea - I'll see if I can contact the DRF. I wonder if they would have a back issue from 3/12/78?? That would be pretty great, too.

Thank you!

Kristy

HUSKER55
02-11-2008, 03:39 AM
If you don't need the actual program, rather just the information for that day, try the local newspaper. Some of the newspapers have gone to automated systems and with current printing technologies you might get a very attractive reproduction.

Magazines might work as well.

Good Luck :)

yorumsfield
02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
I am looking for the actual program, but I did find out more about that day in racing history from newspaper searches... Grenzen won the Santa Susana Stakes. Maybe that can help someone I.D. some programs in their collection? Any Grenzen fans out there? ;)

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!