PDA

View Full Version : Track handles

lamboguy
02-10-2008, 09:36 AM
for saturday, Aqueduct $10 million, Gulfstream $8 1/2 million, Santa Anita $12 million, not sure about Fair Grounds, but I suspect it was kind of light.

Except for Aqueduct the common denominator here is Track Net. NYRA is purely brain dead anyway.

The Track Net answer is to squeeze the smaller tracks out, get more for their signals, and make the players pay more for their wagers, unless of course they do business with the right rebate shops and are the chosen ones!

I say we have these guys sqirming right now. Keep up the pressure, support your non tracknet venues like the Mountain, Charlietown, Turfway, Penn National, etc. Tell 3 friends not to bet Tracknet.

Also, the jurisdictions that have taken action against steroids and other drugs, deserves lots of credit and your support.

HUSKER55
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi lamboguy,

I was noticing that the other day. According to the attendence records there were 2000 people who bet 500k at the track and the balance came via the internet.

You know, a decent year round track that favored the player could do a a major amount of business that would benefit everyone. That would also force the rest to shape up.

Got any ideas?

husker55 :)

ponypro
02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I noticed that Tampa outhandles Oaklawn now on a regular basis. Thats unthinkable! Nice job tracknet. Any CDI exec that can convince me that having fewer customers and contracting revenues is a good thing should rename their CEO Bob "Jim Jones" Evans

Pass the cool-aid

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2008, 02:37 PM
NYRA is purely brain dead anyway.Yeah, whatever. The only jurisdiction that has actively campaigned for lower takeouts among the ones listed, and you call them brain dead.

lamboguy
02-10-2008, 02:51 PM
that is precisely what i am talking about. first they get a president, Barry swartz, he see's the need for lower takeout. they reward him by getting rid of him and the first thing they do is raise the takeout!

and to boot they are thinking of raiseing it even more now to rectify their problems.

maybe they should cut back on their player reward program.

ponypro
02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Youve got to know that takeout isnt the issue. Its access.

Imagine Ameritrade,Etrade,Schwab and others carving up the stock exchange into pieces and then arguing over commisions?? Ridiculous. thats the argument you are supporting.

We want a free open accesss trading environment like we have in the stock exchange and Forex markets. Let the players have access to all tracks all the time, Charge whatever the hell takeout you want. I dont care

1. The player would determine who gets their business
2. Tracks would COMPETE for players business
3. CDI would go into receivership
4. PTC would be the dominante profitable business model

Those are the cold hard facts.

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2008, 03:51 PM
that is precisely what i am talking about. first they get a president, Barry swartz, he see's the need for lower takeout. they reward him by getting rid of him and the first thing they do is raise the takeout!

and to boot they are thinking of raiseing it even more now to rectify their problems.

maybe they should cut back on their player reward program.NYRA does not set takeout rates. The state does.

Are you saying NYRA is lobbying for higher takeout rates? That's news to me.

jma
02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
NYRA does not set takeout rates. The state does.

This is correct. While I'm not saying Steven Crist knows everything, he explains quite well in his first book ("Betting on Myself") how when he was a major player for the NYRA, they went into a meeting with state officials ready to argue for takeout reductions. He came out of that meeting lucky to keep takeout INCREASES to a minimum. The state officials don't understand the concepts of churn or anything that advanced. They just saw the percentage and wanted a higher one.

A good book by the way.

lamboguy
02-10-2008, 04:27 PM
as you well know NYRA is nothing but hackerama. the place is full of political employee's. try going to the offices in saratoga or belmont, they all sit around and eat doughnuts. Barry Swartz is a very sucessfull business man, he is dedicated to horseracing. he knew you need lower takeouts, NYRA is worried about their jobs, he is gone.

i have bred horses in New York for years. I became sick of their stupidity, I went to Penn.

Premier Turf Club
02-10-2008, 04:39 PM
As everyone knows, we have always championed access for all licensed ADWs. Let the customer decide who to reward with their business.

I worked in capital markets for many years so I understand what it's like to have to compete. There it was all about innovation and customer service. I don't see any reason why racing should be any different.

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2008, 04:54 PM
as you well know NYRA is nothing but hackerama. the place is full of political employee's. try going to the offices in saratoga or belmont, they all sit around and eat doughnuts.I've been to the offices at Saratoga, Belmont and Aqueduct. Don't recall seeing many doughnuts, but then again, walk into any office, and you're bound to find doughnuts, bagels, or whatever on any given day....

In fact, horsemen buy lunch for the folks in the racing office all the time....What this has to do with anything, I'm not sure. But, you brought it up, so perhaps you can fill us in....

At least you now know that NYRA does NOT set the takeout rates, as you erroneously reported in a previous post.

lamboguy
02-10-2008, 05:46 PM
it is true that NYRA does not set the rates. But they do reccomend what they should be.

During B.K. Swartz term he got the rates decreased. After him they went up.

Does this mean that NYRA has any influence with Albany? Do they have say in running the track they manage? Or are they brain dead puppets that in a real world would not even be in the position they happen to be in right now?

thespaah
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
NYRA does not set takeout rates. The state does.

IMO this is pure conspiratory pap. Track Net...Where is the proof of the conspiracy. Where are the facts...
NYRA is in deep do do..Many years of political corruption, political patronage and all the other garbage we can associate with anything run a by a govt entity.
But this Track Net stuff......somebody please present some facts.

lamboguy
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
no one has said there is a conspiracy going on. before the existance of tracknet, simulcast outlets and account wagering business paid about 5% to show the prior to tracknet signals. now the price has gone up to 9% in places with wonderful racing like Oaklawn Park. Oaklawn's product hasn't changed for the better since they have signed on with tracknet, yet they charge more.

i choose to play my $5k claimers at tracks that offer me a better chance than what tracknet offers me. I see no difference at all in those classes from one track to the other.

if there is a conspiracy it is tracknet trying to knock itself out of business, along with the horses that race in this country. so you go figure and see if tracknet is good for you on balance!

alysheba88
02-12-2008, 08:14 AM
More Anti-NYRA misinformation.

There is a strong implication here that "They (NYRA?) forced out Schwartz because he "lowered takeout". Could not be more wrong. Do yourself a favor and do some research before making such claims. Schwartz stepped down. He was sick of the political nonsense. He was a strong proponent of further reducing takeout.

The funny thing here also is how you always see the AQU meet bashed as "second rate". The handle #'s above show bettors think otherwise. But that point was totally missed in yet another attempt to bash NY racing

boomman
02-12-2008, 02:36 PM
As everyone knows, we have always championed access for all licensed ADWs. Let the customer decide who to reward with their business.

I worked in capital markets for many years so I understand what it's like to have to compete. There it was all about innovation and customer service. I don't see any reason why racing should be any different.

Ian: Despite Scott Daruty's comments to the contrary, (on an almost everyday basis) it is my understanding that Tracknet has NEVER offered PTC their signals at ANY price? Is this correct, and if it is, then here would be a fact to present to thespaah..................(Per his request)

Boomer

thespaah
02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Ian: Despite Scott Daruty's comments to the contrary, (on an almost everyday basis) it is my understanding that Tracknet has NEVER offered PTC their signals at ANY price? Is this correct, and if it is, then here would be a fact to present to thespaah..................(Per his request)

Boomer"Except for Aqueduct the common denominator here is Track Net. NYRA is purely brain dead anyway.

The Track Net answer is to squeeze the smaller tracks out, get more for their signals, and make the players pay more for their wagers, unless of course they do business with the right rebate shops and are the chosen ones!"

This is pure conjecture on th OP"s part he has not presented fact one about Tracknet's alleged efforts to drive anyone out of business.

Look the facts I am looking for should be all encompasing. Not just one item to cover your theory.
the reason I entered this fray is I am averse to the posting of opinions presented as fact.
I am not implying Tracknet is guilty or innocent of anything. But I will at first opportunity ,challenge what I believe to be theories and ask for facts to back up these claims.