PDA

View Full Version : Software for I%

russowen77
02-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Does anyone out there know of any program that could help you track what type of horses are running second and third for the different conditions and distances? I am an exacta player mainly. I would actually be well served to quit flat bets entirely according to my log but I can't help myself.

I also need something that could help me tell which of the speed horses would be collapsing and how fast. I am visualizing the race but I am only doing in 2d so to speak. I have realized today that I need to better factor in the lanes. I have noticed a real propensity for some of our jocks to think it is better to go 5-6 on the turn than waiting for a hole to develope and saving ground until it does. Claimers don't do that way out move well.

I am trying to use my strengths more and I have a lot of experience in pattern analysis. Thaks y'all.

HUSKER55
02-09-2008, 08:42 AM
There are plenty of people here who are better than me so take this with a grain of salt.

I would think you are going to need access to a huge database unless you have one of your own. On another thread there was a company who will help you write programs or they will write one you can purchase on a per day basis.

If memory serves it is HTR but that is just a guess. At least you have a place to start looking.

Hope that helps.

:)

Donnie
02-09-2008, 09:09 AM
russ-
I believe you use HTR. Open MaxVel, go to OP R1. Click the FR1 button. In that first race I would look at the top 3 for this comparison of quick dropoff. Looks to me like the 5 and the 6 will battle for the lead. The 6 then looks to do a total collapse due to the huge drop between his FR2 and FR3 numbers. Does the #9 have the ability to run down the #5? He appears to me to be running too far back early to have that huge FR3 number help him in here...it is probably large due to his small FR2 number. Look at the Energy numbers now...the #6 appears to be all out at the onset of the race. The #9 looks to pick it up at the end his his Early Energy is low. Balance this with the AP....the 5 looks like he should be able to take down the win. One caution: go in and look at the pacelines chosen....are they representative of the horse's normal performance...or are they "the standout race"? Then ask yourself, will the horse repeat this chosen paceline today?

Donnie
02-09-2008, 09:15 AM
one side point....they are shortening up the #7 today.....and a moderate trainer is switching jocks. His last 2 races were run totally opposite of his others. Were those tighteners and training races? I just get concerned when I see a horse coming off of a 332 day layoff (#5). I don't know that I would leave the #7 out of my exactas......but that is just me!

russowen77
02-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks so much Donnie.

I haven't used Maxvel yet. Does it download like HTR or do I need another subscription for it also??

I am going to have to get a better visual grip on these numbers so I can figure out just how far behind the closers are from the FRs. I love the puppy btw.

Donnie
02-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Russ-
It's free...you can get it here...3rd cell down on the left.

http://www.homebased2.com/km/htr.htm

be sure to get the guide as well...there is a lot in that program! Once you install it just keep downloading the data files like you have been doing. MaxVel will read them right out of you c:\htr folder.

Donnie
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
hey Russ...
just ran the modeler for the new OP meet with the "new" surface....

Donnie
02-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Ignore that first one...there were a couple races with no Energy data in them...so I reran it....

russowen77
02-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Ignore that first one...there were a couple races with no Energy data in them...so I reran it....
Thanks for the idea Husker about having one written. That i might be able to get done.

Thanks for the profiles Donnie. I am studying energy right now and it is an interesting concept that has been paying dividends.

Jaguar
02-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Multicaps does this, as the user builds a database and makes models. It takes a while.

Jaguar

russowen77
02-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Thanks Jag. Hopefully, time I will have.