PDA

View Full Version : New racetrack requested for central WV

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Here is the article in the Weirton WV daily times-http://www.weirtondailytimes.com/news/articles.asp?articleID=8855

CHARLESTON — Developers have added a request for a video lottery license to their proposal for a horse theme park and pari-mutuel racing facility in north central West Virginia.

But House Majority Leader Joe DeLong, D-Hancock, said the additional proposal for video lottery likely will hurt the developers’ efforts as they come before the Legislature.

House Bill 4405 would amend sections of the West Virginia code to allow the fifth racing facility to locate in north central West Virginia. It has been introduced by Dels. Ron Fragale, D-Harrison; Douglas Stalnaker, D-Lewis; Tim Miley, D-Harrison; and Mike Caputo, D-Marion.

... more at link

thespaah
02-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Here is the article in the Weirton WV daily times-http://www.weirtondailytimes.com/news/articles.asp?articleID=8855

CHARLESTON — Developers have added a request for a video lottery license to their proposal for a horse theme park and pari-mutuel racing facility in north central West Virginia.

But House Majority Leader Joe DeLong, D-Hancock, said the additional proposal for video lottery likely will hurt the developers’ efforts as they come before the Legislature.

House Bill 4405 would amend sections of the West Virginia code to allow the fifth racing facility to locate in north central West Virginia. It has been introduced by Dels. Ron Fragale, D-Harrison; Douglas Stalnaker, D-Lewis; Tim Miley, D-Harrison; and Mike Caputo, D-Marion.

... more at link
seems like a dead issue to me.

phatbastard
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
....flashback.....wow spent a year living in Charleston attending college 42 years ago.....memories flooding back......what a town in those days:jump:

kenwoodallpromos
02-09-2008, 11:01 AM
I do not know why WV wants another track- I think they do not even have a state TOC.