PDA

View Full Version : Cappin' chatter - 2/8

nobeyerspls
02-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Longball - You are the man. Your lock won and your vulnerable favorite was off the board. I managed to pick yet another horse that was scratched.
Chalky - Since my game is deciding which favorite to bet and which to pass on, I had the advantage. Today's new wrinkle is a ten cent superfecta. We're each going to handicap GP's 4th and construct one of those. In addition, we'll list two picks of our choice in other races and the reason for them. You go first.
Longball - OK. In the 4th at Aqueduct I'll take #7 Sir Talk Alot. He's a perfect example of a playable 2nd lifetime start - terrible trip in his opener after showing some talent in the AM. I'll box him with #6 Overheated. In the 6th at GP I'll go with #10 Illawara. They were too ambitious in that first turf try and the blinkers should get her focused. The box with her is with #3 First Lady Glenna. My ten cent super was easy because I eliminated half the field with a surface screen. Since you won with a 5yo horse yesterday, I'll put two of them, #2 Oberhausen and #10 Red North, on top. In the second slot I'll use those two plus the 5,6,&14. Then the third and fourth slots will include 2,5,6,8,10,13&14. I think the ticket will cost $16.
Chalky - My first pick is #6 Quiet Meadow in the 3rd at GP. I hold the El Prado's in high regard and this one worked a bullet off a decent first race. Next I'll take #2 Wafi City in the 3rd at Aqu. This guy won big here off a layoff last year and this looks like a soft field. My ten cent super was even easier because my first screens of class and recency yielded three horses - #5 Chriscodey, #6 Freeboard, and #10 Red North. With these in the first three positions and the all button for the fourth, I'll spend $6.60. Because these are likely favorites I can hit the repeat button and still spend less than you. I looked at your other top pick and had some problems. I never can figure out the class of those horses from South America and he hasn't raced since June. I noticed that if the race goes right, we can both cash.
Longball - Yeah, and with you having it twice, you can buy dinner.