PDA

View Full Version : .....NEW CONTEST.....DAY 5.....2/8.....

Rookie@58
02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
HIS CONTEST WILL RUN FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF FEBRUARY.
WINNER IS THE 'CAPPER WITH THE HIGHEST TOTAL $$$.
THERE ARE ALSO CATEGORIES FOR WIN, PLACE AND SHOW BETS (Just in case you have a longshot).
****PLEASE ADD A LITTLE BLURB AS TO WHY YOU ARE PICKING THE HORSE YOU ARE (So the rest of us can get a little insight into the fine art of handicapping from a lot more experienced cappers...THANKS)

HEAVY HITTER FOR DAY 3:

PORKCHOP...............$11.20 WINNAH!!!!!! WAY TO GO
Rookie.....$3.20

STANDINGS:

Makinithappen..........$26.80
Porkchop..................$24.40
Valupix......................$9.80
Onefast99..................$4.00
Rookie.......................$3.60
Sally..........................$0.00
Rcknhrse....................$0.00
Jakew........................$0.00
Canleakid..................$0.00
Parshooter................$0.00

LEADERBOARD:

1. MAKINITHAPPEN............$22.60 WINNER
2. Porkchop......................$13.20 WINNER

1. MAKINITHAPPEN............$4.20 PLACE BET
2.....................................$0.00 PLACE BET

1............................................$0.00 SHOW BET
2............................................$0.00 SHOW BET

Valupix
02-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Oaklawn R2

#9 Beauchamp Place

Should improve second off the layoff and gets what looks too be a very favorable soft pace.

Alternate: Gulfstream Race 5 - #1 High End Prospect moves turf-to-dirt and cuts back. A are good trip could make him very dangerous at this level.

porkchop
02-08-2008, 09:57 AM
FAIRGROUNDS 10TH #6 SEFAS BELLE

sally
02-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm hoping for a speed duel up front between the #2 and #3-- and with the E/P types pressing them, that will give a boost to my pick # 10 Hangman. He won his last at this track, same distance, slighly lower level--his figures are up there ok, he seems pretty fit-- I think if the #2 comes off that long layoff ok he's got the race easy--so I'm going for a place spot...hope my jockey can do it again...

:cool: #10 Hangman to place

porkchop
02-08-2008, 12:59 PM
FAIRGROUNDS 10TH #6 SEFAS BELLE

sorry should be $2 win on #6 sefas belle

alt fairgrounds 6th #12 le caire $2 win

MakinItHappen
02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Ok, before we get to today's selection, a bit of reflection on yesterday's contest selection. I picked the 1 Kona Town Girlies in R5 at Bay Meadows. By the time this race rolled around, I was already feeling uneasy about my selection. A couple hours prior to the race I mentioned this horse to an accomplished handicapping buddy of mine and after a 15 second look at the PP's, he started laughing and said "Looks to me like she's hurt!" This was not what I wanted to hear! :bang: I have to admit that the same thought had entered my mind at one point, but I was able to rationalize to myself that I didn't think that was the case... double :bang:!!

My buddy went on to say, "I would be very careful with that horse. Art Sherman is a good trainer. Looks like he knew she was hurt and dumped her. The new trainer now recognizes she is hurt and is also trying to dump her. She will either win for fun or will be too hurt to run a step." Unfortunately, it was the latter. She was the ML 9-2 4th choice. She opened at about 6-5 and was sent off as the overwhelming 7-5 favorite.

I really felt violated by that whole experience.:mad: Although I feel rather stupid about that selection, in retrospect, I am somewhat surpised how many others were "duped" in this situation, as evidenced by all the betting action she took! The horseman, however, did not take the bait, as she was not claimed!

As a side note, two races later her little brother, Bamaha Breeze, won impressively after a shadow jumping incident in the turn.

OK, today's selection, and I hope I have not selected another hurt one...

Bay Meadows Race 6
#2 Molly's Durango (ML 12-1)

I can't believe I am returning to the scene of the crime and the same jock, nonetheless ... oh boy! :faint: Going for a bit of a price here. This guy ran well on the dirt at Bay Meadows in the fall and won at today's distance, at a slighty higher level and at a speed figure which exceeds today's race par. After a misguided adventure on the turf and 3 lackluster races at GG, he returns to Bay Meadows and is dropping into this race. I am hoping he is sound and merely did not like the surfaces he has been running on of late.

Best of Luck To Everyone Today!

MakinItHappen

omalley
02-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Beu R 8 #5 Jockey - Trainer are the best at the track.

MakinItHappen
02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Bay Meadows Race 6
#2 Molly's Durango (ML 12-1)

I can't believe I am returning to the scene of the crime and the same jock, nonetheless ... oh boy! :faint: Going for a bit of a price here. This guy ran well on the dirt at Bay Meadows in the fall and won at today's distance, at a slighty higher level and at a speed figure which exceeds today's race par. After a misguided adventure on the turf and 3 lackluster races at GG, he returns to Bay Meadows and is dropping into this race. I am hoping he is sound and merely did not like the surfaces he has been running on of late.

MakinItHappen

Just now noticed that I neglected to specify a wager type... Let's make it $2 Win... still a couple hours to post time.

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

sally
02-08-2008, 04:01 PM
What was it in the past performances that said she was "hurt"? :confused:

Rookie@58
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
LRL r9: #4, Gold Hit (speed...clsss)

onefast99
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
#11 7th race GP to win...looked solid in the post parade.

MakinItHappen
02-08-2008, 04:17 PM
What was it in the past performances that said she was "hurt"? :confused:

No Sally, there was no mention in the PP's of her being hurt. My buddy was just able to "read between the lines" I guess...

It was pretty obvious within seconds of the race starting that she was not moving comfortably and she immediately lost contact with the rest of the horses in the field. The announcer even stated that she was being pulled up out of the race as they were moving down the backstretch, however, she actually did cross the finish line a very, very distant last. The only comment in yesterday's race chart is "Raced poorly".

Best of Luck Today, Sally and Everyone!

MakinItHappen

onefast99
02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
#11 7th race GP to win...looked solid in the post parade.
Took off like a rocket never looked back won for fun.

MakinItHappen
02-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Nice selection Onefast99! Keep up the nice pick'n!:ThmbUp:

Best of Luck To You!

MakinItHappen

onefast99
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Nice selection Onefast99! Keep up the nice pick'n!:ThmbUp:

Best of Luck To You!

MakinItHappen
Thanks its been a good month so far in the winners circle for us and at the window 4-6 in 7 days!

rcknhrse
02-08-2008, 05:47 PM
fair ground race 10 #6 win

i dont have pp's for this race
i am basing my selection on info i get from a free web page that provides ep ratings,lp ratings and qs ratings.
i was going to play oaklawn race 8 #7 but horse opened as the fav.

overunder
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Just now noticed that I neglected to specify a wager type... Let's make it $2 Win... still a couple hours to post time.

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

If you felt violated by yesterday's experience, wait until you see how this one runs. I don't like to knock someone else's handicapping, but your choice #2 is severely outgunned here. This race looks like 6-3-8-9. Good luck to you anyway.

sally
02-08-2008, 06:16 PM
:jump: Woohoo! I'm on the board! Had to survive a claim of foul though!!:eek:

My #10 horse paid $6.60 to place-- Heck! The winner #2 paid $6.40 ! I shoulda played the exacta!!

:mad: oh well....at least I'm on the board! :D

overunder
02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
If you felt violated by yesterday's experience, wait until you see how this one runs. I don't like to knock someone else's handicapping, but your choice #2 is severely outgunned here. This race looks like 6-3-8-9. Good luck to you anyway.

Not bad. $140+ exacta, and I was right on the mark about the 2 horse.:jump:

MakinItHappen
02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
:jump: Woohoo! I'm on the board! Had to survive a claim of foul though!!:eek:

My #10 horse paid $6.60 to place-- Heck! The winner #2 paid $6.40 ! I shoulda played the exacta!!

:mad: oh well....at least I'm on the board! :D

Congrats Sally! Way To Go!

Best of Luck To You and Everyone Tomorrow!

MakinItHappen

MakinItHappen
02-08-2008, 08:36 PM

Well OverUnder, to be honest with you I was not that disappointed with the effort by the 2. He was on or near the lead into the stretch and caved in, but when you pick a ML 12-1 horse, you don't necessarily expect to win every race, all you can ask for is a decent effort and I am ok with the effort.

The only thing I was really disappointed with was the off odds. 7-2 was rather ridiculous on that horse. I would not have been totally shocked if he were bet down to 8-1... but 7-2?... a little overboard I would say... and coming on the heals of yesteday's 9-2 disaster selection getting hammered down to 7-5... I think I will just watch for an overlay to post tomorrow.:lol:

Congrats on the exacta!

Best of Luck To You OverUnder and Everyone Tomorrow!

MakinItHappen