PDA

View Full Version : synergetic matchup ii.

nagwa
02-06-2008, 02:38 PM
hi, anyone use this programme, any information where it can be bought// thanks

njcurveball
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Some people here also post on Pace and Cap, I am sure they would know more there if they don't answer you here.

What is your interest in that program, if I may ask? It sounds like an earlier Sartin version that probably would require manual input?

Jim

46zilzal
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
My late friend Alvin showed it to me and it was Total Pace Ratings from Pace Makes the Race. Manual entry so be prepared for sore finger tips.

Tom
02-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I think it had som early Energy! factors it it as well.

nagwa
02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
thanks..read the excellent pace makes the race are there any programmes that use these factors..

njcurveball
02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
If you want to go beyond that book, HTR has another program you get with it called MAXVEL.

I think Dan called it modern pace hanciapping on steroids, but don't quote me on that, I am trying to stay off the Mitchell Report. :p

Hosshead
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
thanks..read the excellent pace makes the race are there any programmes that use these factors..
One of the authors of Pace Makes The Race (Dick Schmidt) sometimes posts on this site, and has highly recommended Synergism 6 as the software he uses for the TPR's in the book.

Is there anyone here that is currently using Synergism VI ?

shoelessjoe
02-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Im pretty sure it was the velocity type program that came with a Brohammer model.

Dick Schmidt
02-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Thoughts on TPR programs:

1) I wouldn't trust the ratings from Synergistic Match Up. Jim Bradshaw wrote that program and he never much liked TPR and was always trying to "improve" them.

2) I have offered to send anyone who asks a basic TPR program. Runs under DOS and needs manual input, but gives you the absolutely correct numbers.

3) Synergism is a big, robust program that has, in addition to many other factors, adjusted TPR numbers. The adjustments are based on Jim Cramer's HDW ratings and can't be duplicated outside this program. Not exactly the same numbers we show in the book, but excellent track-to-track and sprint/route adjustments. You can get a free trial copy from Bob Purdy at:

synergism-sdp.com

Dick

And St. Attila raised the hand grenade up on high saying: "Oh Lord, bless this thy Holy hand grenade, that with it I may blowest thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Partsnut
02-08-2008, 09:02 AM
I totally concur with Dick. I Have the Synergistic Match Up and the earlier versions of Synergism.
Bob Purdy did an excellent job with all versions of Synergism. The latest one from what I've been told is superior.
For Simplicity and In my humble opinion, Phase3 would be my program of choice. This program and some of Tom Brohammers concepts are all you need. The read-outs are concise and easy to understand. Hopefully, you like to type because the input is manual. ;)

delayjf
02-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I used Synergetic match up II in the early 90's. I found it great at comparing simular distances - but its sprint to route adjustments were not to be trusted. Every sprinter stretching out to a route looked like Secretariat is the sprint line was choosen.