PDA

View Full Version : .....NEW CONTEST.....DAY 3.....2/6.....

Rookie@58
02-05-2008, 09:25 PM
THIS CONTEST WILL RUN FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF FEBRUARY.
WINNER IS THE 'CAPPER WITH THE HIGHEST TOTAL $$$.
THERE ARE ALSO CATEGORIES FOR WIN, PLACE AND SHOW BETS (Just in case you have a longshot).
****PLEASE ADD A LITTLE BLURB AS TO WHY YOU ARE PICKING THE HORSE YOU ARE (So the rest of us can get a little insight into the fine art of handicapping from a lot more experienced cappers...THANKS)

HEAVY HITTER FOR DAY 2:

Makinithappen.........$4.20 Placer

STANDINGS:

Makinithappen..........$26.80
Porkchop..................$13.20
Onefast99..................$4.00
Sally..........................$0.00
Rcknhrse....................$0.00
Rookie.......................$0.00
Jakew........................$0.00
Canleakid..................$0.00

LEADERBOARD:

1. MAKINITHAPPEN............$22.60 WINNER
2. Porkchop......................$13.20 WINNER

1. MAKINITHAPPEN............$4.20 PLACE BET
2.....................................$0.00 PLACE BET

1............................................$0.00 SHOW BET
2............................................$0.00 SHOW BET

Valupix
02-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Gulfstream R6

#9 Cuba

Moves synthetic-to-dirt and is working well for his return off a short break. Will love what should be a swift pace in front of him.

onefast99
02-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Mr WB Aqueduct-much better spot in this 5th race likes the off going and must overcome Sonny pajamas who is way overdue. If the front end falls apart he will pick up the winners share. Play to win

Alternate is Sonny Pajamas-third off the layoff runs well in this group and it is a big class drop. Play to win.

onefast99
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Gulfstream R6

#9 Cuba

Moves synthetic-to-dirt and is working well for his return off a short break. Will love what should be a swift pace in front of him.
The track is rock hard this year, it doesnt favor the synthetic horses even though Cuba is one tough customer 8-10 in the $ in 2007 its all on the poly. I think the 1 Hot Sunrise bounces back in a race where he fits perfectly Prado wouldnt get back on if he didnt like the horse and Bentrovhito was overdue in last after having his way with Delaware and Monmouth horses who were a lot tougher then this group, the second place horse in that race Hawkinsville had no excuse. I have been watching this group for quite a while this is a good claiming race for 16-18k with at least 4 horses going to new homes after it has been run!

Valupix
02-06-2008, 11:12 AM
The track is rock hard this year, it doesnt favor the synthetic horses even though Cuba is one tough customer 8-10 in the $ in 2007 its all on the poly. I think the 1 Hot Sunrise bounces back in a race where he fits perfectly Prado wouldnt get back on if he didnt like the horse and Bentrovhito was overdue in last after having his way with Delaware and Monmouth horses who were a lot tougher then this group, the second place horse in that race Hawkinsville had no excuse. I have been watching this group for quite a while this is a good claiming race for 16-18k with at least 4 horses going to new homes after it has been run!

The trainer on your #1 does have a high win percentage with class droppers. You might be a little too willing to accept a super cheap price on a risky play like that one. Best of luck with it. It could win for fun for all I know, but taking 3/1 (probably less) on a horse making a monster class drop one race after adding front wraps in a race were the horse gave a clunker effort, is RISKY, RISKY, RISKY…even if you were to get a big price.

By the way, I wouldn't have stated the surface change as a positive if I thought the horse would prefer to stay on a synthetic surface. Look way back at his last race on dirt. It's way back there and before a very lengthy layoff. So it may mean nothing. But the price to the risk is much more appealing in my opinion than that super risky #1 horse at a super cheap price to the risk ratio. The trainer has off the layoff and surface change numbers to support the situation as a good value play.

That’s just my opinion anyway.

onefast99
02-06-2008, 11:44 AM
The trainer on your #1 does have a high win percentage with class droppers. You might be a little too willing to accept a super cheap price on a risky play like that one. Best of luck with it. It could win for fun for all I know, but taking 3/1 (probably less) on a horse making a monster class drop one race after adding front wraps in a race were the horse gave a clunker effort, is RISKY, RISKY, RISKY…even if you were to get a big price.

By the way, I wouldn't have stated the surface change as a positive if I thought the horse would prefer to stay on a synthetic surface. Look way back at his last race on dirt. It's way back there and before a very lengthy layoff. So it may mean nothing. But the price to the risk is much more appealing in my opinion than that super risky #1 horse at a super cheap price to the risk ratio. The trainer has off the layoff and surface change numbers to support the situation as a good value play.

That’s just my opinion anyway.
The addition of front bandages is the most hyped up part of a trainers race day wardrobe. Cuba will be bet today I would think you will see him go off at 5-1 or less Hot Sunrise will be about 7-2, this is not an easy 16-18k claimer anyone can win this one even the horses stepping up like sweetsouthernson.

porkchop
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM
GULFSTREAM R7 #8 O'KID $2 WIN

Looks like this one might like the turf. In its first start, got off slowly, made a huge move on the turn,I have to assume probably at least 4 or 5 wide and ran evenly through the lane and showed a good finish. Added distance a plus, Bravo, underated jock stays and I expect a much better trip today.

good luck to all today

sally
02-06-2008, 12:02 PM
# 6 Lyke a Hurricane 8-1 ML to win

Highest speed fig at dist.

Early runner--get the lead and just hold on, will you please!

heck, my other picks in other races all scratched so I'm stuck with this one...

:D

onefast99
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
GULFSTREAM R7 #8 O'KID $2 WIN

Bravo, underated jock stays and I expect a much better trip today.

good luck to all today
You must be joking. he loves to take horses for a spin and if they are not in contention he stands up on them down the stretch and his favorite line afterwards is " I saved him for the next time out" good jock at Monmouth and thats it. Look at the mounts he is getting, wonder why?

MakinItHappen
02-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Today's Contest Selection:

Gulfstream Park Race 1
Forli's Con Man (ML 6-1) $2 Show

My gosh are this guy's PP's a mess! He has been claimed, switched trainers or both practically every race...lol! He ran a big one last time out at Tampa receiving a 94 Bris Speed figure which makes him ultra-competitive in this group. Not familiar with jockey Angel Stanley. Looks like he/she has had only 44 mounts in the last year, however, you've got to like the ROI of +1.23. Also not familiar with trainer Creque Rasharn who looks somewhat suspect but appears to have won with this horse last time out, so we will give him the benefit of the doubt.

The ML on this horse appears generous, as he is certainly not moving up in class and he has been sent off at less than 3-1 in 8 of his last 10 starts, having been favored in 5 of those (3-3-1). His Prime Power figure is second only to the ML Favorite yet he is the 5th choice on the ML. With his current connections, though, perhaps we will be lucky enough to have his odds drift a bit higher.

I am looking for a better than show finish from this guy, but since there is a bunch of "............." in the Show-spot of Rookie's standings, I am going to try to fill in the blank! ;)

Gotta run... this one is set to go in about 15 minutes! Odds are currently at 8-1!

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

MakinItHappen
02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Hmmmm... kind of looks like a Con Man!

C'mon Forli!

MakinItHappen
02-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Broke slow and never really got engaged...
Completed the Super High Five.... good grief! :confused:

Finished 9-3-4-1-6-...

Better Luck To Everyone Else Today!

MakinItHappen

Rookie@58
02-06-2008, 01:53 PM
DED r8: #3, Limitless ($2 W) (Strictly on the Jockey: Kerwin Clark)

ALT: BEU r7: #5, Demanding

MakinItHappen
02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Mr WB Aqueduct-much better spot in this 5th race likes the off going and must overcome Sonny pajamas who is way overdue. If the front end falls apart he will pick up the winners share. Play to win

Alternate is Sonny Pajamas-third off the layoff runs well in this group and it is a big class drop. Play to win.

Looks a little chilly on the board at 12-1 (last choice, 6 min. to post). Sonny Pajamas has scratched! Will be a nice score if you can get this one home!

Best of Luck OneFast99 and Everyone!:ThmbUp:

MakinItHappen

onefast99
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Looks a little chilly on the board at 12-1 (last choice, 6 min. to post). Sonny Pajamas has scratched! Will be a nice score if you can get this one home!

Best of Luck OneFast99 and Everyone!:ThmbUp:

MakinItHappen
Mr WB lost by a length at 31-1 paid 25.60 to place hes been on my horse watch and will continue to do so especially when there is moisture in the inner track it makes it better for the closers.

onefast99
02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Today's Contest Selection:

Gulfstream Park Race 1
Forli's Con Man (ML 6-1) $2 Show

My gosh are this guy's PP's a mess! He has been claimed, switched trainers or both practically every race...lol! He ran a big one last time out at Tampa receiving a 94 Bris Speed figure which makes him ultra-competitive in this group. Not familiar with jockey Angel Stanley. Looks like he/she has had only 44 mounts in the last year, however, you've got to like the ROI of +1.23. Also not familiar with trainer Creque Rasharn who looks somewhat suspect but appears to have won with this horse last time out, so we will give him the benefit of the doubt.

The ML on this horse appears generous, as he is certainly not moving up in class and he has been sent off at less than 3-1 in 8 of his last 10 starts, having been favored in 5 of those (3-3-1). His Prime Power figure is second only to the ML Favorite yet he is the 5th choice on the ML. With his current connections, though, perhaps we will be lucky enough to have his odds drift a bit higher.

I am looking for a better than show finish from this guy, but since there is a bunch of "............." in the Show-spot of Rookie's standings, I am going to try to fill in the blank! ;)

Gotta run... this one is set to go in about 15 minutes! Odds are currently at 8-1!

MakinItHappen
Didnt like the track he loved tampa, nice and sandy. He was up in my old trainers barn he gives 110% all the time watch for him in Tampa again...soon.

MakinItHappen
02-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Mr WB lost by a length at 31-1 paid 25.60 to place hes been on my horse watch and will continue to do so especially when there is moisture in the inner track it makes it better for the closers.

Almost got that huge overlay home! Went off at 31-1, nice value! I hopped on board with you on that one...who knows what his odds would have been without my wager...:lol: !

Nice pick nonetheless!

Best of Luck Onefast and Everyone!

MakinItHappen

MakinItHappen
02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Good idea by Sally to encourage comments supporting the selections!:jump:

Good Luck To ValuPix and Porkchop with your upcoming plays at Gulfstream, and to Sally with her LOCK OF THE DAY at Aqueduct!

MakinItHappen

onefast99
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
hmmmm Cuba 3-1 down from a 12-1 morning line that was definitely not correct.

canleakid
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
aqu. 9r. #7 to place

onefast99
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Gulfstream R6

#9 Cuba

Excellent pick just didnt understand the morning line(12-1) you got the fast pace up front and a nice closing kick puts you in the winners circle. :cool:

MakinItHappen
02-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Gulfstream R6

#9 Cuba

Paid $9.80 to Win!

Congrats!

MakinItHappen

rcknhrse
02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
GP R 7 #10 PLACE.

AN EXACTA BOARD PLAY.2ND ML HORSE GETS 5 TOP EX PLAYED TO HIM.

ALSO HIGEST SPEED FIG ON THE PAGE.

I AM SOMEWHAT SUSPECT HENCE THE PLACE BET.

REALLY WORRIED ABOUT 2-4-6

SHOULD LOOK ELSEWHERE BUT DONT HAVE TIME SO I AM GETTING THIS OVER WITH

onefast99
02-06-2008, 04:56 PM
You must be joking. he loves to take horses for a spin and if they are not in contention he stands up on them down the stretch and his favorite line afterwards is " I saved him for the next time out" good jock at Monmouth and thats it. Look at the mounts he is getting, wonder why?
Boy I'm sure Bravo is counting the days before MP re-opens. He is just bad right now. Maybe time to hang em up.