PDA

View Full Version : Maywood Park Post 1 assigned

mostpost
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
First time poster. If you play Maywood and use Trackmaster's post ratings, a word of caution. Some races at Maywood have "Post 1 assigned", some do not.
The Trackmaster post ratings do not appear to allow for this difference. I surveyed results for the past several weeks and found that in races where post 1 is assigned the 1 horse won two out of forty nine races. (4.8%) In races where post 1 is not assigned the 1 horse won eleven of twenty-five races (44%). I realize that the sample is small, but I think this is something you may want to consider.
To see Maywood Park's explanation of "Post 1 assigned go to Maywood Park.Com>horsemen>condition book.

Ray2000
02-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I've been hunting for an explanation of trackmaster post position numbers for some time.
(See my reply to Stick's Dover post of 1-28-08)

It's my understanding that the numbers represent the percent deviation from the expected number of wins for each post, taking into consideration the field size.

But for what dates? last 30 racing days? last Month, Year?

or I'm I all wrong on this? :confused:

Any help from anybody would be appreciated.

Stick
02-04-2008, 07:02 PM
These are post position stats for the last year ( not from the beginning of the year). If you go to the main page after downloading, the last month as well as off track post position stats are also available. Trackmaster considers a rating of 56 or more to be a significant post advantage. As far as assigning the one hole, the winning % is going to be way down when assigned because these are horses that have earned the least amount in the last 5 or 6 starts. Many of these horses have no form at all. The interesting thing is that the horsemen can see which races are going to be one post assigned and may try to get into that race knowing they have an advantage.

Ray2000
02-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info.

I use the regular past performances from trackmaster so I haven't seen the cover page in the platinim programs in years, just the pttr.dbf files

The negative numbers were throwing me.