PDA

View Full Version : .....NEW CONTEST.....NEW CONTEST.....NEW CONTEST.....

Rookie@58
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I THINK THERE WAS A "LACK OF INTEREST" IN THE LAST PARLAY CONTEST, SO I AM ENDING IT EARLY TO START ANOTHER TO LAST THE REMAINDER OF JANUARY....

YOU HAVE $2 TO WAGER ANYWAY YOU LIKE: WIN...PLACE or SHOW." LOOKING FOR THE LARGEST HIT IN EACH CATEGORY. GOT A GOOD LONGSHOT, PLAY IT.

YOU GET ONE PICK AND ONE ALTERNATE....GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

ryesteve
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
I THINK THERE WAS A "LACK OF INTEREST" IN THE LAST PARLAY CONTEST
Yes, I'll admit I didn't like that format at all. Anyone choosing to bet value had an excellent chance of ending up at zero in the short run.

I think I'll be taking a pass on this one too. Assuming this is another 10 day contest, the outcomes will be based on so few races, it's all too random.

sally
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Gulfstream R6 #8 Atwell to win ;) one of two speed horses in the race-- an E/P horse drawn just outside the lone E horse... that's good right? 1 1/8 m Al n2L -- hmmm....maybe I'll make a real bet!! :D

onefast99
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I am now back in the saddle! Good job Rookie.

Moreapplauseplease(GP 1st)-not a big payoff but the win is what counts, runs off by 7 lengths.

ryesteve
02-04-2008, 11:48 AM
not a big payoff but the win is what counts
:confused:
Maybe I'm misinterpreting the rules, but it sounds like the contest is based on the single highest payoff, not cum; in other words, if you hit 10 winners like this that pay $3.20, and someone else hits one winner than pays $9.60, he wins.

MakinItHappen
02-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I THINK THERE WAS A "LACK OF INTEREST" IN THE LAST PARLAY CONTEST, SO I AM ENDING IT EARLY TO START ANOTHER TO LAST THE REMAINDER OF JANUARY....

Rookie - January? Am I correct in assuming that you meant February? If so, perhaps the contest length of 26 days will be more to RyeSteve's liking.

Today's Selection:

Gulfstream Race 5

#5 Max's Beau (ML 10-1) $2 WIN

Why? Looks to be a decent value play in this rather large and contentious field. Ranks #2 in Prime Power only .9 points from top. Gets services of 20% jock Manoel Cruz. Trainer has positive ROI for 07-08 season and has positive ROI's for turf starts and with beaten fav's last race.

Max's Beau is shortening up in distance today to 5 Fur where his chances for success are greater. His last effort on turf was 3 races back at 1 Mile 1/16. He led most of the race before succumbing and finishing a well beaten fourth, 7 lengths back at odds of 65-1.

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

porkchop
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
fairgrounds race 7 #5 coy cat $2 win

Rookie@58
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
GP r5: #4, Martin's Point ($2 W)

ALT: PM r10: #4, Typhoon Aaron

WILL ADD CLARIFICATION IN TOMMORROWS POSTING......

rcknhrse
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
gp r 6 # 8 to place

jakew
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
fairgrounds 6th race # 10 to win

rcknhrse
02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
gp r 6 # 8 to place
Out again.
Oh by the way .remeber the last day of another contest,in which a horse with only 3 lts with a win in his most recent,but the lowest speed rating in the race.
#2 the winner today.1 LTS ,won ,low speed fig .

porkchop
02-04-2008, 04:17 PM
fairgrounds r7 #5 coy cat scratched

alt play fairgrounds r7 # 8 $2 win

MakinItHappen
02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Rookie -
Today's Selection:

Gulfstream Race 5

Why? Looks to be a decent value play in this rather large and contentious field. Ranks #2 in Prime Power only .9 points from top. Gets services of 20% jock Manoel Cruz. Trainer has positive ROI for 07-08 season and has positive ROI's for turf starts and with beaten fav's last race.

Max's Beau is shortening up in distance today to 5 Fur where his chances for success are greater. His last effort on turf was 3 races back at 1 Mile 1/16. He led most of the race before succumbing and finishing a well beaten fourth, 7 lengths back at odds of 65-1.

Well whaddaya know... sure is nice when things go as planned every once in awhile...:lol: ! Rookie, I thought you had me in the stretch there!

Max's Beau paid $22.60 $7.80 $5.20

Best of Luck To Everyone Today!

MakinItHappen

sally
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Nice job Makeinit!!! :ThmbUp:

rcknhrse
02-04-2008, 04:39 PM
nice screen capture makin it .and nice pick up

ryesteve
02-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Well whaddaya know... sure is nice when things go as planned every once in awhile
VERY nice!

njcurveball
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Rookie - January? Am I correct in assuming that you meant February? If so, perhaps the contest length of 26 days will be more to RyeSteve's liking.

Today's Selection:

Gulfstream Race 5

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

GREAT PICK! May I call you the "new" Professor? :ThmbUp:

MakinItHappen
02-04-2008, 05:27 PM
GREAT PICK! May I call you the "new" Professor? :ThmbUp:

Please No! :lol: Substitute teacher for one race, perhaps! :D

RcknHrse - as for the screencapture... I stole that technique from you! Not sure that I have it perfected yet... but getting the basics down...lol!

Best of Luck Everyone!

MakinItHappen

onefast99
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
:confused:
Maybe I'm misinterpreting the rules, but it sounds like the contest is based on the single highest payoff, not cum; in other words, if you hit 10 winners like this that pay $3.20, and someone else hits one winner than pays $9.60, he wins.
This one was in my virtual stable and it won as I thought but if you want me to play the longshots I'm good with that.

onefast99
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Well whaddaya know... sure is nice when things go as planned every once in awhile...:lol: ! Rookie, I thought you had me in the stretch there!

Max's Beau paid $22.60 $7.80 $5.20

Best of Luck To Everyone Today!

MakinItHappen
Nice hit!

sally
02-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Rook....I like this new contest, especially if it's about catching a longshot--and if people could give their reasons for a pick beforehand like Makinit did that would be even better, although I know a lot of folks don't like doing that--:)

ryesteve
02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
This one was in my virtual stable and it won as I thought but if you want me to play the longshots I'm good with that.
I was just trying to figure out if I was misunderstanding the rules.

onefast99
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I was just trying to figure out if I was misunderstanding the rules.
I think the rules are similar to Burger King there are none. The object is to hit the highest paying horse based on a Win Place or Show bet. This is very similar to taking the Whopper away(which is the favorite) and trying something else on the menu, like the grilled chicken sandwich which I believe is somewhere around 7-1 as far as food favs go at Burger King.