PDA

View Full Version : The "fix is in" for Dem's

ceejay
02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Just my opinion-- and not that I support it-- but a pres/vp ticket of Clinton/Obama looks in the cards. Last debate pretty much sealed it for me.

My wild prediction for the R's. McCain/Lieberman!

Steve 'StatMan'
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
The possiblity of a H. Clinton/B. Clinton ticket is still there, unless they've declared otherwise. A U.S. President can serve up to 10 years, so if that ticket were elected, and God forbid anything happened to President Hillary Clinton (health and safety of the U.S. President being paramount,) Bill Clinton would be still eligible to fill that vacancy for up to 2 years.

ljb
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
The possiblity of a H. Clinton/B. Clinton ticket is still there, unless they've declared otherwise. A U.S. President can serve up to 10 years, so if that ticket were elected, and God forbid anything happened to President Hillary Clinton (health and safety of the U.S. President being paramount,) Bill Clinton would be still eligible to fill that vacancy for up to 2 years.
You are silly, unless you are talking about a situation similar to when Nancy Reagan was President.
I don't see a Clinton/Obama ticket or Obama/Clinton either. I could see Clinton/Richardson and can't guess as to Obama's running mate at this time.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
You are silly, unless you are talking about a situation similar to when Nancy Reagan was President.
I don't see a Clinton/Obama ticket or Obama/Clinton either. I could see Clinton/Richardson and can't guess as to Obama's running mate at this time.

Oh it is far out there, I'll admit, but it is still legally possible. I definitely don't expect a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket either.

pandy
02-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd like to know the correct odds on a Hilary/Obama ticket, but my guess would make it about 100-1. Hilary will never ask Obama to be her VP, and if Obama wins, Hilary will not be interested, she is only interested in becoming President.

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't see a Clinton/Obama ticket or Obama/Clinton either. I could see Clinton/Richardson and can't guess as to Obama's running mate at this time.Richardson? Are you kidding? That oaf? The guy who almost fell out of his chair when presented with the "Gay" word? You're kidding, right?

But, I hope you're right. Anything that makes Clinton less attractive is AOK by me....

Greyfox
02-03-2008, 04:26 PM
The chance of the two pairing as a ticket are slim or none.
Might make a good Vegas bet that it won't happen.

Tom
02-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Clinton/Clinton is a possibility.
Hillary and Hillary - the attack dog Hillary and the crying Hillary.
nxZUFzGWzkY&feature=related

Tom
02-03-2008, 05:14 PM
It just hit who her perfect running mate would be......
SfIO8dm6j4c

ddog
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Just my opinion-- and not that I support it-- but a pres/vp ticket of Clinton/Obama looks in the cards. Last debate pretty much sealed it for me.

My wild prediction for the R's. McCain/Lieberman!

Clinton/Vilsack ? W.Clark? some other retired General type?

Mccain ? don't know , he needs a suthern guy it would seem.

Obama, I don't think he would want it. Would you want to be in Wash , if she wins and have to put up with all the endless crap that will be thown up?
I don't see how he could come out of it looking good at all.
If he's smart he will go be gov of Ill and see what happens. he's a young guy should have plenty of time.

riskman
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Why would Obama want to follow in the footsteps of Al Gore, who was Biily Nilly"s VP only to learn that Hillary was the real VP. Billy C. wiil be Hillary's VP ---and whomever Hillary chooses will be just be a stand in in my humble opinion.

If for some reason McCain is elected, I have a feeling he will be a one term president unless something dramatic happens in Iraq.

njcurveball
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Isn't it crazy that in 2008, the parties elect their candidates with no knowledge of the person who will be one heartbeat away from President?

What if people are debating between two candidates and they are very close. A different VP could sway the vote.

ljb
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Richardson? Are you kidding? That oaf? The guy who almost fell out of his chair when presented with the "Gay" word? You're kidding, right?

But, I hope you're right. Anything that makes Clinton less attractive is AOK by me....
PA,
I know you will pounce on any name given as a possible Dem vp. My posting Richardson as a possibility was based on demographics. He is considered a southerner and a hispanic to boot. With the distinct possibility of having two moderate Republicans as the final contenders, I am currently not supporting any candidate for either office.

riskman
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Isn't it crazy that in 2008, the parties elect their candidates with no knowledge of the person who will be one heartbeat away from President?

What if people are debating between two candidates and they are very close. A different VP could sway the vote.

Yep, we had Dan Quayle and the infamous Spiro Agnew !

Of course both presidential candidates--Nixon and Bush were former VP's and well known.

rastajenk
02-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I agree with ddog that B-Obam should stay as far away from the Clintons as possible. There was Clinton fatigue once, there is Bush fatigue, and there will Clinton fatigue again (if she wins, of course - and it will start from about Day One of her administration). If he really wants to be the one with vision for the future, there's no reason to get tied on to the Clinton past. He's young enough to keep his options open, and being a Clinton Veep would close a lot of those options. Better to watch from the side and eventually be able to say, "See? I told you so."

PaceAdvantage
02-05-2008, 01:54 AM
PA,
I know you will pounce on any name given as a possible Dem vp.Maybe, maybe not. But you threw out a puff pitch with Richardson.

I'm sure the Hillary camp can do a lot better than Richardson.