PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Oddsline - Will not be posted

john messina
02-03-2008, 10:13 AM
To anyone interested,

The Comprehensive Odds Line will no longer be posted.

The powers to be haved decided to remove the link to the webpage.

The webpage contained no solicitations. No ads (except those inserted by the webpage provider, because it's a free service).

The webpage allowed a simple and an automated way for me to make the data available...free of charge. It also contained a historical view of the oddsline at various tracks.

I neither have the time nor the inclination to type out or take a snapshot of each race and post the line.

Hey, it's not my forum. I don't make rules. If it's a rule, for the past 25+ days of posting, it wasn't a problem.

Good luck, and may your plays be fruitful,

TexasDolly
02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
I, for one, am sorry to hear that you won't be posting the link here any longer. I found it very helpful.
Will you continue to post the oddsline on the old site even though it can't be mentioned here ?
Thank you for your help,
TD

cj
02-03-2008, 10:32 AM
PA may decide to restore the link. I didn't look at the page to see what it contained, just generally direct links of non advertisers aren't allowed.

kingfin66
02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
It seems as though this matter has been handled very inconsistently. As JM pointed out, his link was no problem for at least a few weeks. Now, all of a sudden, it is a problem and it is being removed? PA was very aware of the link for those few weeks and had no problem with it. In light of some of the threads going on, it looks to the casual observed (me) that this is retaliation for some posts that JM has made. That is just one mans opinion.

Should we be reporting any links we see in non-PA authorized vendor posts, signature lines, etc, so that those may also be removed?

shanta
02-03-2008, 12:59 PM
It seems as though this matter has been handled very inconsistently. As JM pointed out, his link was no problem for at least a few weeks. Now, all of a sudden, it is a problem and it is being removed? PA was very aware of the link for those few weeks and had no problem with it. In light of some of the threads going on, it looks to the casual observed (me) that this is retaliation for some posts that JM has made. That is just one mans opinion.

I agree 100% with this post. Unless I am missing something this is very strange.

Pace Cap'n
02-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Apparently the mods yank first and ask questions later.

fight
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
a rotten shame :ThmbDown: :confused:

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Personally, I have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about here....could someone please fill me in? I didn't remove any link. I assume CJ did.

What thread was the link in that was removed?

cj
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I guess it was a link to his site. I saw you requested he post his picks here on PA, and he just posted a link, therefore it was deleted. Sorry if it was the wrong move.

vanilla
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
"At it's best this camp is forbidding to new arrivals.."

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
"At it's best this camp is forbidding to new arrivals.."OK, here we go again.....

cj
02-03-2008, 04:03 PM
"At it's best this camp is forbidding to new arrivals.."

To be fair, I have no interest in the posts here in the selections forum and was just trying to put an end to a thread running amok. In hindsight I should have closed it.

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I guess it was a link to his site. I saw you requested he post his picks here on PA, and he just posted a link, therefore it was deleted. Sorry if it was the wrong move.Just a little bit of a misunderstanding. No harm, no foul.

Too bad Mr. Messina didn't do the normal thing and contact one of us privately to see what was up. Instead, he jumps the gun and posts the obligatory "I'm taking my ball and going home" routine.

Ron
02-03-2008, 04:18 PM
There's a whole club of 'em, but they never really go.

kingfin66
02-03-2008, 04:26 PM
It does look to be a misunderstanding. I appreciate you guys acknowledging that.

GaryG
02-03-2008, 04:31 PM
This guy was so full of himself that he brought to mind zilly on speed....there is a scary thought.

Ron
02-03-2008, 04:37 PM
It does look to be a misunderstanding. I appreciate you guys acknowledging that.

I don't think that it was a misunderstanding. This guy came on this board and started insulting tried and true members.

ezrabrooks
02-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Insult? He just replied in kind...and found a lot of thin skins..

Ez

JustRalph
02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
This guy was so full of himself that he brought to mind zilly on speed....there is a scary thought.

Ding!

Ron
02-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Insult? He just replied in kind...and found a lot of thin skins..

Ez

Believe it or not this wasn't directed towards me....

Have you ever heard of non linearity and there are more entries in a race than one and I do have multiple odds to consider(w, p, s, wp, wps, dark horse determination) and when to break for lunch and dinner too!

You are so niave. Here's a test for you. Consider one finger...now how many different ways can you insert that finger into a body cavity. I suggest you solve the problem by experimentation.

Now to actual business. It's done. I amazed myself on how quickly I accomplished this task. GSP and TP is up for your use.

http://optimusracingnetwork.netfirms.com (http://optimusracingnetwork.netfirms.com/)
Good Luck

Feel free to read all his threads...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=904860

ezrabrooks
02-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Believe it or not this wasn't directed towards me....

Feel free to read all his threads...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/search.php?searchid=904860

Your right...low blow. But, it was in response to a rock thrown..

Ez

kingfin66
02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
The misunderstanding I was referring to was CJ thinking that he should delete the links to JM's oddslines. I'll leave the other stuff to the rest of you.

ryesteve
02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
PA may decide to restore the link. I didn't look at the page to see what it contained, just generally direct links of non advertisers aren't allowed.I know many of us had assumptions as to where all this was ultimately headed, but does the "no links" rule even refer to sites that aren't commercial in nature (yet)?

PaceAdvantage
02-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I know many of us had assumptions as to where all this was ultimately headed, but does the "no links" rule even refer to sites that aren't commercial in nature (yet)?The rule is that it's off limits for a commercial vendor to post links to his or her site which would benefit him financially (without prior authorization).

There is some subjectivity here, which CJ used in his decision. I understand why he took the link down, plus CJ came into the thread, by his own admission, unfamiliar with the background to Messina and what has been going on here.

We've all concluded that it was a misunderstanding, and JM is free to continue posting the link to this site. End of story.

PS. Non vendors are still free to post links to whatever commercial sites they wish. For instance, if you use a particular handicapping program, find it effective, and wish to share that info with all of us here, you would be free to post a link (such as is done regularly with HTR + other programs that aren't advertisers here on PA).