PDA

View Full Version : File Converter

Roger
02-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I have brought this up quite awhile ago..Does anyone know of a program/utility that would convert single card data files TSN/BRIS..to multi card data files?

I know that Nathan has a utility that will do the opposite.

Any help appreciated.

Roger,

LemonDropKid
02-03-2008, 11:09 AM
What is the utility that will do multi to single? Where can I find it?

Thanks,

The Kid

headhawg
02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
Compliments of Nathan at Thorotech:

Multi2Single (http://www.thorotech.com/freestuff/multi2single.html)

LemonDropKid
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks Head! Just what I was looking for.

I have used the BRIS utility Infotran to convert single to multi. Here is the link. http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/dynamic.cgi?page=utils

The Kid

Roger
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Thank's Kid....I'll give it a shot!

thank's again

Roger,

BIG49010
02-04-2008, 07:05 PM
With latest version of Excel, you can take in the complete Single, and then you
could cut it up. Will take a little work to get what you want. I am not sure about running the files through some other program after you split, might be tough.

lsosa54
10-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Any chance anyone having this BRIS multi to single utility (mult2single.exe) could email it to me? The zip file from the Thorotech link is corrupted - I think it happened as Thorotech switched servers. Thanks in advance.

raybo
10-28-2008, 12:22 AM
Any chance anyone having this BRIS multi to single utility (mult2single.exe) could email it to me? The zip file from the Thorotech link is corrupted - I think it happened as Thorotech switched servers. Thanks in advance.

Bris doesn't have a multi to single software program. Infotran is the only program they offer to convert comma delimited files to text files for import into other applications, like Excel.

As for using Infotran to go from multi to single, I don't know how you would write a control file to do this. Each file in the multi .zip would have to be run which would be arduous. Maybe someone has done this and can give you the procedure.

If you're using Excel, as the import app., I suppose you could open each file in the multi file format in a separate sheet in your Excel workbook and then on another sheet, combine them into one file. This would probably work but would take a while to get all your cell reference formulas written in the combining sheet.

Maybe you could use a file joiner app. to join the multi format into one file prior to import (?). Peretek Inc. has a utility called "Simple File Joiner" that is free. You might check that out.

Tom Barrister
10-28-2008, 10:32 AM
LemonDropKid: You might want to check with Nathan at Thorotech.com (Equisim) for a copy of multi2single.

lsosa54
10-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Bris doesn't have a multi to single software program. Infotran is the only program they offer to convert comma delimited files to text files for import into other applications, like Excel.

Raybo: Thanks for responding - I probably wasn't clear in my post. I know BRIS doesn't have that type of utility but Nathan at Thorotech had graciously put one together. When I tried to download the .exe file from the link provided by user headhawg above, the zip file is corrupted. It appears that Thorotech switched servers and in that process, the zip file got corrupted.

I was just looking to see if anyone here had downloaded the working zip file previously and could email it to me. My bad if I confused everyone - this was a post from earlier this year.

The reason I'm looking for it is I may need the multi file for one piece of software I'm considering and I currently use the single file for a couple of other programs and I'd rather not pay for both, if I can just convert the multi.

raybo
10-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Raybo: Thanks for responding - I probably wasn't clear in my post. I know BRIS doesn't have that type of utility but Nathan at Thorotech had graciously put one together. When I tried to download the .exe file from the link provided by user headhawg above, the zip file is corrupted. It appears that Thorotech switched servers and in that process, the zip file got corrupted.

I was just looking to see if anyone here had downloaded the working zip file previously and could email it to me. My bad if I confused everyone - this was a post from earlier this year.

The reason I'm looking for it is I may need the multi file for one piece of software I'm considering and I currently use the single file for a couple of other programs and I'd rather not pay for both, if I can just convert the multi.

Understood, I wouldn't want to pay for both either. Good luck. If you locate it, give me a holler, I might have to do something like that soon for the Comprehensive Charts files from Bris, it's a multi-file format too.

JustRalph
10-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Did Nathan fall off the map?

I have some old Equisim stuff on CD somewhere. I will try to find the application. I am sure I downloaded it sometime around 2003.............no promises...... I have moved a few times since then............ :lol:

KyRacer
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I used the Wayback archive to track down an earlier version. Maybe this will work for you. Download from this archived web page. It unzipped for me.

Multitosingle (http://web.archive.org/web/20030625060852/http://www.thorotech.com/freestuff/multi2single.html)

lsosa54
10-28-2008, 07:59 PM
I used the Wayback archive to track down an earlier version. Maybe this will work for you. Download from this archived web page. It unzipped for me.

Multitosingle (http://web.archive.org/web/20030625060852/http://www.thorotech.com/freestuff/multi2single.html)

I still keep getting an error, so I'm not sure what the problem is - downloaded with both Firefox and IE. Error is "either multipart or corrupt zip archive". Member "Tom" is going to try and email me a working copy tonight, so if anyone needs it, let me know.

KyRacer: Thanks for putting this up. Bummed I couldn't get it to work.

JustRalph
10-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I downloaded it, it is corrupt on my end too...........fyi

Roger
10-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I have a working zip file if anyone is interested, i would gladly e-mail it.

rtrudell@nycap.rr.com

Roger,

KyRacer
10-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Not sure what the problem is. I downloaded it again from the link I provided and it unzipped and ran ok for me. Must use that link. It's from around 2002, before they switched servers.

lsosa54
10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks to Tom, I've got a working copy. If you need it, just pm me your email address.