PDA

View Full Version : 02FEB08SA Race 5

SRK
02-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Indian Sun (1) will not be chasing El Gato Malo’s tail in this one. That bad cat set a new track record for a mile in their last, and I don’t think Indian Sun’s runner up effort took that much out of him. He does, however, have to overcome the rail post, something no one has done yet at the meet at 8.5 furlongs. Favorite Crown of Thorns (2) made my list of horses to watch off his very impressive maiden score in his last. This well-bred and costly three year old should give my top choice all he can handle. Reflect Times (4) rounds out the contention in this compact field. He closed impressively in his comebacker at 6 ½ furlongs, and this very lightly raced colt has every right to continue to move forward.

Tee
02-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Should be interesting on the front end - who can take the heat & kick on with things. If his msw is any indicator Crown Of Thorns might just be the one.

SRK
02-02-2008, 05:12 PM
impressive win, especially squeezing thru on the rail.
gonna pass the next one...can't say I got a handle on it.

Tee
02-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I'll take a quick guess that Flores sends Porto Marmay making tough work for Bejarano with Passion.

Ariege comes running late, but 6/5 is :sleeping:

La Mina is a nice price along with Yasinisi - exotics potential.

Tee
02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll take a quick guess that Flores sends Porto Marmay making tough work for Bejarano with Passion. Wrong!! :D

Ariege comes running late, but 6/5 is :sleeping:Yep & Yep :)

La Mina is a nice price along with Yasinisi - exotics potential.Uh no ;)

Next!!

SRK
02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I couldn't figure that one out either. My notes next to Passion read "probably too slow to repeat." WRONG !!!! Glad I passed.