PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to book the Professors bets?

njcurveball
02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
NJ, I'd like to make you an offer. How would you like to book my bets for 3 days. Pay track odds on all bets. I'll put my money in escrow and you do the same. I'm certain this is an offer you can't resist. Just think of the easy money you'll make.

Regards,

John,

If you truly believe this, simply post your picks here for 50 races. Post anything you like, any track, any race, any bet.

After 50 races if you show a flat bet profit, I will write an apology to you, declare you the "PROFESSOR" and you will gain "street cred" here.

Remember, you cannot post odds showing the favorite 99-1 and then have another horse win and declare you had him.

As for "booking" your bets, I am sure you run a sting operation to get me arrested because I am the "prison state" of New Jersey. :lol:

Just show a profit here! I did a similar test on the HTR board and I did not even have the opportunity to look at scratches, late changes, or odds.

It isn't as easy as you think when you have to actually make the bets, rather than just bragging afterwards.

My record was 50 for 101 for a total return of $207.3, documented by everyone reading the board. Now I am only asking you to be profitable for 50 selections and letting you have scratches, odds, and every bet.
http://www.homebased2.com/forums/showthread.phpt=6879&highlight=70%25

Good luck in your search for "suckers". Right now all you are doing is performing "magic tricks on the radio".

Jim

toetoe
02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Page can not be found. In the spirit of "let's you and him fight," I am fascinated by this thread. Can you somehow show the results otherwise ? :ThmbUp:

formula_2002
02-02-2008, 05:49 PM
The question here is "what is the probability of showing a profit( :) ) in the number of races to be used in the "contest" ?.

Under certain conditions, even the top bris pime figure will show a profit in about 27% of 50 set of races. So if the proposition odds were say a bit more than 5/2 it would be good to take that kind of bet.

That is, if i could get say, 3-1 for showing a profit in 50 races it would be a good bet.

It's all about odds and not Testosterone ;)

njcurveball
02-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Page can not be found. In the spirit of "let's you and him fight," I am fascinated by this thread. Can you somehow show the results otherwise ? :ThmbUp:

http://www.homebased2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6879&highlight=70%25

Looks like something got abbreviated. No fight here my friend.

I don't mind anyone making selections, even if they all lose. It is when someone new comes on here using Mathematical terms as a calling card and proclaiming to have an "accurate" odds line that makes favorites 99-1.

The thread above is more about how HARD it is to show a profit in this game and he has some people believing if they play a $4 trifecta box on his top 3 they will be able to quit their job and live on a Tropical Island.

Then when asked to explain "his" strategy he pushes it off to someone else.

The act has gotten old to many here, not just me my friend.

Jim

njcurveball
02-02-2008, 06:23 PM
The question here is "what is the probability of showing a profit( :) ) in the number of races to be used in the "contest" ?.

Not really. The question is actually go to the window and make your bets, rather than sit at the table proclaiming to all your friends how you picked the winner.

It could be 500 races for all I care, Whatever it takes for someone to show they are a winner, rather than a talker is fine with me.

Jim