PDA

View Full Version : Top props

Valuist
02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Brandon Jacobs +20 1/2 rush yards over Lawrence Maroney.

Like this for several reasons. Jacobs' 1009 season rush yards looks ok but it was accomplished in only 11 games....had he played in all 16, his pace would've projected close to 1500. Second, Maroney has put up good numbers lately but the Patriots have played most of their recent games in lousy weather, which is always tougher to pass in, so they had to run more. Weather will not be a factor in the Super Bowl. Finally, I see New England throwing often, if they're ahead or behind while I believe the Giants will try to shorten the game with their run attack. That could be a problem if they get down by more than 2 scores early but I'm hoping that's not the case.

Valuist
02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Adding one more: Wes Welker OVER 7 receptions

Watching a replay of the Giants/Pats game on the NFL Network, on two consecutive plays Randy Moss was wide open for bombs. He dropped the first one, but caught the second one for about a 60 yard TD with nobody around him either time. I think the Giants will adjust and play some variation of a Cover-2, forcing Brady to look underneath, and that should work to the advantage of guys like Welker and Kevin Faulk.

Valuist
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
2-0