PDA

View Full Version : 02FEB08SA Race 2

SRK
02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Its difficult to look past Lavender Sky (2) in this 10F turf event. She has run faster, and faced better than anyone else entered here and deserves top billing. The pace of the race sets up for her closing style and she appears to be in very good shape. The fact that she has only won one race in her career does leave me with the nagging doubt as to her will to win. Forest Melody (9) appears to be the logical second choice. She has done well at the longer route distances, and looks like the one you’ll have to get past late if you expect to take down top honors. She also only sports one win on her record, and again, that does make me wonder. Any number of horses could end up rounding out your exotic tickets. Le Cirque (8) has faced both of the top two, and held her own. Another in the money finish is likely. Loh Callado (6) caught my eye breaking her maiden, but must now face winners, and prove, like the rest, she can get the distance. Two longshots who could surprise for a slice are Sweet Spot (3) who flashed speed before fading in her comeback, and Ready Maid (5)who gives the turf another try, and this winner of 4 lifetime, did give a good account of herself last time out.

Tee
02-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Forest Melody has a real shot if her rider has his thinking cap secured. :)