R9: #4 5/2 Daaher

FYI here are the contest rules to explain my selections:

TRACK: Gulfstream Park
RACES: R2-R9
POST TIME R2: 1.44pm EST (6.44pm GMT)
ENTRY DEADLINE: 1.00pm EST (6.00pm GMT)

RULES

1. Select ONE horse per race.

2. Post the NAME of the horse (NB - entries must be split) alongside the RACE NUMBER.

You can also post the number of the horse, but we will score from the horse's name and not its number.

3. Select ONE of the 8 horses as a NAP (best bet). Ensure that your NAP is clearly indicated.

4. You CAN EDIT posts, but if the edit time is after the entry deadline the entry will be VOID.

SCRATCHES

In the event of your selection being scratched (non-runner) you will be allocated the runner in the same race with the lowest racecard number ie. 1,2,3 etc.

SCORING

WIN - 40pts
PLACE - 20pts
SHOW - 10pts

NAP scores DOUBLE points.

The player scoring the most points WINS !

Capper Al
02-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Bad day at the ponies. After a good start in race 2 with "With Essence", it was all down hill from there. My winner in race 6 was disqualified and placed second. The only pick left for the rest of the card was a second in race 7. I did get lucky. I was shut out of race 9 and didn't get to make my bet on the favorite Daaher. As far as the contest went, I scored 110 points. There were others who scored less. The contest are fun. They happen about once a month. They have an entry of $10 or $15 and you play with a small group with the listed rules in the previous post. If interested in playing, PM me. Off to the next event, when I get some more time to play.