PDA

View Full Version : He's a McCainiac, McCainiac, I sure know!

WeirdWilly
01-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Is it really such a terrible thing to have a President who is viewed as short-tempered?

Maybe certain nations and individuals will get the message, "Don't p-$$ him off!"

He ain't perfect, but compared to the rest of the field...

McCain '08!!!!!!!!!!

Tom
01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
I think most will look at him and say,"What a stupid little piss-ant he is. Drunk or dimwitted????"

I'll vote for Hillary over this jerk.

46zilzal
01-31-2008, 09:07 PM
This fellow has many admirable traits: unfortunately his association's party philosophy is not one of them.

Too bad the man and not the mantra gets elected.

rastajenk
02-01-2008, 09:32 AM
The best thing about voting for McCain is that he's most likely to be a one-termer, and we can go through all this again in four years. Any of the other top-tier candidates have the potential to be in for the long haul. :faint:

Buckeye
02-01-2008, 06:46 PM
and your third choice would be the black man? I'm kind of torn too given the choices being offered. It seems to me that if there are any "heavyweights" running, who are they? maybe the husband elect?

Cheney is going to be gone (our President for the last seven now going on eight years) but I would say make them all take the "I will be a good President test" . . . opps, that would be most fairly won by whoever gets the most votes from the electorate. For example, who was smarter, George Washington or the King of England?

Not the point? It comes down to votes if we want to keep the power we have.

GaryG
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
This fellow has many admirable traits: unfortunately his association's party philosophy is not one of them.

Too bad the man and not the mantra gets elected.You fail to understand that the man's "mantra" is the problem, not his party's philosophy. I would prefer Hillary.

JustRalph
02-04-2008, 11:46 PM
You fail to understand that the man's "mantra" is the problem, not his party's philosophy. I would prefer Hillary.

She is more conservative

Who wants McCain.............listen here...........

http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rushlimb.download.akamai.com/5020/New/WHOWANTSMCCAIN.asx

WeirdWilly
02-05-2008, 05:21 AM
She is more conservative

I don't buy that.

I will admit, I am a centrist, leaning conservative, not a hardcore conservative. So McCain' lack of "Conservative Purity" is not an issue for me.

I support our mission, as well as our brave men and women in Iraq. I oppose the murder of the unborn. And I don't think the government has any business garnishing my wages in order to stick me in an HMO against my will. I can't support Hillary. And I certainly can't support "Mr. Change" (as in that's all we will have left - spare change) Obama.

Hopefully, if he is nominated, Romney turns out OK. But something seems too slick, too polished, too salesmanlike for me. McCain, for all his faults, seems more real. That he torques off the loopy left AND the radical right is a major plus.

WeirdWilly
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
There are some who say that John McCain is not a hero.

For whatever else people might think of him as a politician, the facts remain:

John McCain was a PILOT on an AIRCRAFT CARRIER! Not a desk jockey. Landing an airplane safely on a rolling pitching moving slab of steel takes some major cajones. It ain't like dropping your Cessna on a big long flat slab of stationary cement, which is risky in its own right.

He barely survived one of the worst naval disasters since the end of WWII - the deck fire on the Forrestal. Saw the film several times during bootcamp and shipboard damage control training - wicked scary!

With his connections, he probably could have gotten some cushy base job. But no, he went back out there, risking his life until ultimately, he was shot down and taken prisoner.

As a POW he was given the chance for an early release. But he refused, staying in abhorent conditions until everyone was released.

He's a flawed man. But when it comes to heroism, anyone who says he isn't a hero just doesn't understand the meaning of the term.

Tom
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Not questioning any of that, but I do not see how it makes him qualified to be president. His record in the senate screams incompetence and ignorance.
His campaign screams liar and hooker (What would like me to do for YOU?).
I would rather see a dem in the WH than Juan McCan't.

lsbets
02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
There is a lot I disagree with McCain on - immigration (he says he's changed, I doubt it), campaign finance (I appreciate the intent, but the methods were horrible), and his falling for the global warming farce.

However, his lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union is only slightly lower than Rick Santorum, and I can't imagine anyone calling him liberal. McCain has a pretty solid conservative record, but he steps out of the box when he thinks its the right thing to do. I have no problem with that.

WHen looking at him vs Obama or Hillary, there are some things we know:

- McCain as commander in chief is hands down the winner on competence there. He has shown on Iraq that he is willing to stand up for the right thing to do even if it jeopardizes his career. Obama will also do what he believes is right, even if he's dead wrong, and Hillary will twist whichver way the wind blows and be a total disaster as CINC.
- We know with the Dem candidate we get some form of national healthcare. Hillary will garnish people's wages to force them to participate. That won't happen with McCain, and once we start something like that it will never go away. We cannot allow that level of government intrusion into our lives.
- With McCain we will probably get conservative judges, at worst conservative leaning moderates. With the Dems we are likely to get more like Ginsberg. Those are lifetime appointments. They cannot be undone.

On the three above issues it is a no brainer for me if McCain gets the nomination. The damage that can be done by seeking ideological purity and voting Dem instead is too great to chance.

One other thing to keep in mind - for the last 6 years every Rep who was in trouble in a campaign called McCain for help. And he went and helped. The assertions that he didn't back his party are ridiculous.

Personally I think a Obama - Romney election would be the most interesting, but I think we're more likely to see Hillary vs. McCain. If that is the case and you believe like I do, the right thing to do is vote for McCain.

chickenhead
02-05-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been calling for McCain v. Obama for about a month now. That is as good as its going to get folks.

Tom
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm done settling.
I want a legit candidate that will represent my views.
Juan McCan't.
And I am not his "friend."
That alone is enough to vote dem!:rolleyes:
I will vote dem if McCan't gets the nod if for no other reason than the country needs major surgery - we have to destroy a lot of it to get the right people back into governement. No more band aids. No matter which one of these knuckleheads gets in, damage will be done. Let it be the dems who cause it - then we can have a common enemy once again to rally against. Juan has too many bills with a lib name attached. I do not believe thing one he says on any topic. I had to vote Bush twice just to keep crap out of the white house. Now it's time to let nature take it's course and be ready to come back in four years and mop up with real leaders. Or move to Canada.

WeirdWilly
02-05-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm done settling.
I want a legit candidate that will represent my views.
Juan McCan't.
And I am not his "friend."
That alone is enough to vote dem!:rolleyes:
I will vote dem if McCan't gets the nod if for no other reason than the country needs major surgery - we have to destroy a lot of it to get the right people back into governement. No more band aids. No matter which one of these knuckleheads gets in, damage will be done. Let it be the dems who cause it - then we can have a common enemy once again to rally against. Juan has too many bills with a lib name attached. I do not believe thing one he says on any topic. I had to vote Bush twice just to keep crap out of the white house. Now it's time to let nature take it's course and be ready to come back in four years and mop up with real leaders. Or move to Canada.

Translation: It's SOOOOO much easier and self-satisfying to be a victim! Neener neener...it's THEIR fault, not ours!

Reminds me of a kid, Lenny J., when I was growing up. We would get a pick-up game of baseball going. Lenny's parents knew the only way to get us to play with him was by outfitting the kids.

Ultimately, a call would go against Lenny. So he got his bats and ball and glove and stormed off in a fit.

Harsh dose: Hard-core conservatives are a small part of the population. They didn't elect Reagan - the "Reagan Democrats" did.

lsbets
02-05-2008, 02:03 PM
So Tom - you would rather take the chance of one or two lifetime appointments to the Supreme Court from Hillary, national healthcare that will never be undone, and untold damage to our military than vote for McCain? I'd expect party over country from folks like Sec, I'm pretty disappointed you feel that way too.

Tom
02-05-2008, 03:06 PM
ls, yes.
I voted Bush as a conservative and looks what we got!
McCan't is far worse - no telling what we will end with.
I will probably will just not vote, or vote third party in the end.

I do not put party first - I do not support any party -they should be outlawed. No one can serve a party and the country. I rode the republican wagon unitl they derailed it with greed and stupidity, and now they are trying to pull it with three wheels. No thanks - no support for repubs. I think a vote for Juan is a vote for party over country. If we support this rube, we will get more like him. I am willing to destroy the republican party in order to create a new one.

McCan't has the same morons on his staff that recommended Justice Suitor - how wrong will this team be this time?

Willy - neener neener? I read your post at least 6 times - I have no idea what your point is, or even if you have one. Neener neener? By that do you mean that you will accept and old idiot they throw at you, not have the balls to stand up and say no and reject inferioir candidates? Do you mean you would rather be a mindless lemming, that you enjoy marching in lock step? Sounds that way to me.
Nanu nanu to you too.

Shuzbut!

WeirdWilly
02-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Willy - neener neener? I read your post at least 6 times - I have no idea what your point is, or even if you have one. Neener neener? By that do you mean that you will accept and old idiot they throw at you, not have the balls to stand up and say no and reject inferioir candidates? Do you mean you would rather be a mindless lemming, that you enjoy marching in lock step? Sounds that way to me.
Nanu nanu to you too.
Shuzbut!

My point is I don't want to see my nation damaged by the HillBillarys or Spare Change Obama. And I think it's crap that people are willing to throw us under the bus just so they can say, "I told you so!"

A couple points. First, I want to see illegal immigration stopped. That said, I'm not paranoid of everyone whose name ends in Z. Pontiac has a large Latin population? How can you tell where they live? Around here, it's the clean, fixed up houses. The "white folks" are too busy getting drunk and stoned and complaining because someone doesn't come to their door and give them a $20 an hour job getting drunk and stoned.

I don't want to see us hit with a terrorist strike to wake people up. I don't want the Supremes filled with pro-abortionists. I don't want to see us make a hasty and dangerous retreat from a vital mission. And I think anyone who does, JUST TO PROVE A POINT, JUST TO SHOW THEM WHAT'S WHAT, is a traitor!

Hunter's out. Thompson's out. And Romney is...Romney! So the hard right is going to bitch and moan because they want, no, they DEMAND, purity!

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!

Tom
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that McCain will screw up the nation as bad as Hillary or Obame - maybe worse. No one but YOU said anyting about "I told you so." I said sened a message - do not send me any more candidates like Juan McCan't.

Juan is for open borders - he will NOT stop illegal imigration - he for amnesty - no matter what LIES he tells today. McCain-Kennedy is a major reason why we have the problem today to the extend we do - Johnny-boy sold out America with the fathead , the Mass-Ass himself and allowed millions of illegals to come here.

McCan't is soft on terror as well. His refusal to use so called torture, that kills or injures no one and is very effective is off limits to him. Johnny-boy has more repsect for murdering terrorists than American citizens.

You have no idea who he will appoint to the court. He says he will appoint conservative judges, but he lies - why should I believe him. McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Feingold, McCain-Lieberman - all betrayals of conservative ideals. This guy is quick to turn on his own when it benefits him. He has already threatened to reach across the aisle - when you do that, you are giving up something. You think he will not compromise on judges?

Frankly, using abortion as a criteria is nuts to my way of thinking. The president cannot change the laws, and you are hoping he gets judges who will, eventually, if a case come to them. Longshot.

But I think he has no shot at all to beat Hilllary or Obama. We had to endure a Carter to get a Reagan. I see no difference at all between Hillary and McCain. The republican party must be destroyed and a new one created - this one is beyond repair. They need to purge themselves of the cancer that controlls it today. If that is purity, then hell yes, I am for it.

I see no good coming from a McCan't presidency. I will not support him under any circumstances.

HUSKER55
02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
America has a lot of ills that need to be fixed and get us back on track.

Everyone here has mentioned several important ones. What I am most concerned about is where in the hell are the real leaders.

Hillary is not it. Don't forget Whitewater. She is a crook just like the rest of them are. No better and no worse. I don't trust any of them.

Bill had the Cole incident and nothing happend. Then 911 and Bush got us into Iraq but I don't ever recalll anybody saying "Remember 911". If you remember it was "weapons of mass destruction", which were never found.

Who is pulling the strings for what? Name me an immigrant that murdered 3000 people in one swat.

The US was attacked and nothing was done.

Now, ask yourself. Who is going to do anything? Hillary? Obama? McCain?
Who??? No one has a workable plan.

After 7 years we still can't find one camel jockey in the middle of the dessert and yet we have satellites that can read the number on the side of a tank going down the road at 40 mph.

Remember the scenes from Desert Storm?

No people, no matter who gets elected us PFC's (poor-------cicilians) are going to take it again. Buy stock in vasaline cause we are going to need it.

I do not see any presidential timber.

Just once before I die I would like to be able to vote FOR a candidate instead of settling for the one who will do the least damage.

Tom
02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I hear ya.
Al long as our borders reamain open and Bin Laden sits free, don't talk to me about national security or a war on terror. It is all BS.
Both parties are total BS.

JustRalph
02-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Name me an immigrant that murdered 3000 people in one swat.

It won't take long. Rep. Steve King had his staff study this. They estimate that Illeg. Immigrants are responsible for 12 deaths a day. These are 12 American citizens. Not Illegals. This includes all kinds of activity..........auto accidents.......drug related events directly tied to Illeg. Immigrants etc.

That is much more than are killed in Iraq on a regular basis. More in one year (4380) Than the entire Iraq conflict since 2003. Think about that.

This takes me straight back to McCains Amnesty program.............

I agree with Tom. Lsbets makes some great points about the Court appointments but I don't know that I trust McCain to make any difference in that arena.

46zilzal
02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
funny stuff.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/06/roland.martin/index.html

hcap
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Your best chance to win the election is with McCain.
Everyone else is toast. Of course being a pinko/commie/Islamo-loving dirty hippie, I have my own reasons for disliking McCain.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1406/551502477_3e3ea12a4a.jpg

I don't understand? About a year ago all youse guys would have pointed to the above with pride. Wha' happened? :lol:

hcap
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Of course McCain could get creative with his VP choice. Lieberman is in his corner now. Wouldn't they make a nifty pair? Unfortunately I have the same beef.

http://homepage.mac.com/johnwirzbicki/iblog/CTBlue/C1885336264/E20060118210944/Media/kiss-lieberwhore.jpg

PaceAdvantage
02-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Speaking of veeps, if Obama gets the nod, do you think he might consider his nana for the post?

http://wwtdd.com/index.phtml?t=BARACK+OBAMA

Pell Mell
02-07-2008, 05:10 AM
I too see no difference between Hillary, Obama and McCain. I've been on this earth too long and around the block enough times to know a lying sack of shit when I see one. I knew what Billy-Bob was and also knew that Bush was an idiot who was/is only a puppet for the Chain-y gang.

IMO there were only 2 guys out there that seemed to understand all the problems we have and offered solutions and told HOW they would handle them. And, in any debate that wasn't fixed, either one would bury the field. That is Newt or Alan Keyes.

PS-There is no way that someone with a name like Obama gets elected.:lol:

WeirdWilly
02-07-2008, 09:38 AM
IMO there were only 2 guys out there that seemed to understand all the problems we have and offered solutions and told HOW they would handle them. And, in any debate that wasn't fixed, either one would bury the field. That is Newt or Alan Keyes.

They both had major opportunities on the National stage, but neither could seal the deal.

Politics is media-driven. Has been since the beginning, far pre-dating the United States. And the media is audience-driven. No audience, no media. So ultimately successful media is beholden to the wishes of its audience.

Neither of these gentlemen would get a free pass on their personal lives wre they to run. Newt would be accused of cheating on, then abandoning, his cancer-victim wife. Alan Keyes would be accused of either a) not controlling, or b) not supporting, his daughter. So realistically what are their chances?

Gibbon
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
McCain '08! McCain introduced a bill to extend US health care to Mexico! Unbelievable as it may seem, the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 contained a provision giving insurance companies the right to help devise a plan for extending US health care to Mexico.
http://opensourceactivist.org/2008/02/06/bill-to-improve-health-care-in-mexico/

bigmack
02-07-2008, 11:20 PM
http://www.johnandkenshow.com/blogimages/cald_01.jpg

Mexican President Felipe Calderon said Wednesday that a shifting political climate in the U.S. could improve the chances that a new administration in Washington will help bring a comprehensive reform law that would legalize the status of Mexican immigrants. :jump:

"My hope is that whoever the next president is, and whoever is in the new [U.S.] Congress, will have a broader and more comprehensive view" of the immigration problem, Calderon said.

"It seems to me that the most radical and anti-immigrant candidates have been left behind and have been put in their place by their own electorate," Calderon said. :lol::lol:

Light
02-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Who wants to vote for a geezer who looks like he just got a root canal job on his left cheek,is senile enough to say we're winning the war in Iraq, and turned a Beach boy song into a tasteless "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran". If he should dance,your eyes will burn. However,he not only believes in evolution,he remembers it.

Burls
02-08-2008, 12:33 AM

McCain '08!!!!!!!!!!

A Republican candidate that isn't a cowardly draft-dodger?
Say it isn't so.

46zilzal
02-08-2008, 12:47 AM
He has a distinguished history and seems like a decent sort, but I was amazed to hear his mother hold her nose as she described how his party viewed him.

Maybe if Rove hadn't screwed him about "having a black baby" (when he adopted the child), McCain might have been the outgoing prez today.

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Who wants to vote for a geezer who looks like he just got a root canal job on his left cheek,is senile enough to say we're winning the war in Iraq, and turned a Beach boy song into a tasteless "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran". If he should dance,your eyes will burn. However,he not only believes in evolution,he remembers it.I thought the left would wait until at least the national heads-up contest before they unleashed the McCain attack dogs.

Oh well. So much for that theory.

PS. We already won the war in Iraq, and I'm not anywhere near senile....but after reading the above, it seems that you might be in a far worse neurological state.

hcap
02-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Attack dogs are ALREADY being unleashed by the right wing talk radio/Faux echo chamber.

We can just stand by....

Faux already has McCains' new party affiliation listed.

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2008/02/jmccaind.jpg

"They know they are going to lose. They will blame the loss on the fact that McCain wasn't a real conservative (just like Bush.) They know when to fall back and regroup. They're already playing for the next election.

Everybody sing: Conservatism can never fail, it can only be failed."

-Digby

Tom
02-08-2008, 07:32 AM
A Republican candidate that isn't a cowardly draft-dodger?
Say it isn't so.

Yeah, we need REAL men, like Billy-Bob-boy. :lol::lol::lol:

Tom
02-08-2008, 07:33 AM
PA....the marching orders must have come out befreo Romney left the podium!
Funny how they all act as one a tthe same time.

One party, one mind. Seriously.:lol:

russowen77
02-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I can't vote for Mcain. When the Pentagon was unleashing their "Shock and Awe" BS he knew better and didn't say a word. I was on the ground in the Middle East the first time in 1969 and spent much time after that. We had a perfectly good dictator sitting their with his feet on those idiots throats and for some reason we decide to invade and hang him. The area is tribal folks. I assume most of you don't apprectiate the full impact of that but it makes any kind of stability through democracy almost impossible. Believe it or not.

I am not that versed in the conservative liberal thing anymore as it seems to have changed.

Conservatives, by what I have observed, want a big powerful government with the right to monitor our lives--I actually read the Patriot act over a few days- because we should be afraid of Arabs. They want to cut taxes and spend money like druken sailors on shore leave.

I have no idea what liberals want no a days. Could anyone supply some definitions.

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2008, 11:49 PM
When presented with Hillary vs. McCain or Barack (Barry) Hussein Obama (Soetoro) (http://republicaninthearts.blogspot.com/2007/04/will-real-barack-hussein-obama-please.html) vs. McCain, it's a no-brainer.

How any self-respecting Republican could actually switch parties for one of THOSE TWO is beyond me....way beyond....

Marshall Bennett
02-09-2008, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]When presented with Hillary vs. McCain or Barack (Barry) Hussein Obama (Soetoro) (http://republicaninthearts.blogspot.com/2007/04/will-real-barack-hussein-obama-please.html) vs. McCain, it's a no-brainer.

How any self-respecting Republican could actually switch parties for one of THOSE TWO is beyond me....way beyond....[/QUOTE
Doubt many will . Its all talk with weak context . McCain was the only candidate with a realistic chance of winning in November ... for better or worse .

Tom
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Probablyt worse.
Rush has the right strategy - forget the WH - nay of the three is bad.
Go for putting enough conservative republican in office - especially the senate - to minimze the damage.