PDA

View Full Version : Marines get the boot

delayjf
01-31-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.insidebayarea.com/oaklandtribune/ci_8127493

If I'm Bush, I'd cut off federal funding to the city until they recant.

Tom
01-31-2008, 03:37 PM
I'd arrest the head guy for treason - time of war - and close down the campus. Permenantly.

46zilzal
01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
It is their city, they call the shots. Could just as easily make ice cream or bell bottoms trousers against the law.

PSSSST, it is a free country didn't you hear?

ddog
01-31-2008, 05:20 PM
it's a 100 kooks wearing bunny ears and carrying pink signs.

I think "Big Green" can handle it.

Stay where they are and fight it out.

Won't cost them one recruit, those who want to serve will laugh it off.

Holster that sidearm , mister!

delayjf
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
It is their city, they call the shots.
Fine, but their not entitled to federal / state aid.

Pace Cap'n
01-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Check this crap out...

Plane load of servicemen lands at Oakland Airport en route to Hawaii from Iraq on a two-hour stopover, can't get off the plane due to "security concerns".

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327226,00.html (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327226,00.html)

The airport said it did not know what kind of screening the troops had undergone before landing in Oakland. Scovel found there is no coordinated policy between the Defense and Homeland Security departments about whether security screening at military bases "is sufficient to meet the Transportation Security Administration's standards."

46zilzal
01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Fine, but their not entitled to federal / state aid.
Why because YOU say it??

Incredible.

Tom
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Why, because YOU say it??

Incredible.

No, because the LAW says it.

Incredible indeed.
Bush knew that...didn't YOU? :lol::lol:

I put the little comma inthere fer ya, dude....you seem to forget them a lot.
That says a lot....incredible!

Tom
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
You really need to expand your web searches.....

http://media.www.jhunewsletter.com/media/storage/paper932/news/2006/03/10/News/Court.Upholds.OnCampus.Recruitment.Decision-2242288.shtml

DJofSD
01-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Who's going to be there when the next earthquake hits the bay area? That little enclave that is a liberal bastion sits between the San Andreas and Hayward faults. Betcha when law and order besides humanitarian relief is needed, the Marines and every one else will be welcomed.

UncleBuck
01-31-2008, 09:00 PM
This Councilman Max Anderson is full of crap to say he was "drummed out" of
the Marines for being against the Vietnam War. I saw some guys try, but never heard
of anyone getting out during that time. Pure crap.:mad:

delayjf
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327466,00.html

DITTO!!!!

Like the article said, they have the right to be idiots but not the right for the Government to pay for it.

ljb
02-01-2008, 03:05 PM
This Councilman Max Anderson is full of crap to say he was "drummed out" of
the Marines for being against the Vietnam War. I saw some guys try, but never heard
of anyone getting out during that time. Pure crap.:mad:
Ever here of G.W. Bush or Dick Cheney ?

rastajenk
02-01-2008, 03:18 PM
It is their city, they call the shots. Could just as easily make ice cream or bell bottoms trousers against the law.

PSSSST, it is a free country didn't you hear?
The irony of this post is incredible.

delayjf
02-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Ever here of G.W. Bush

yeah, wasn't he a fighter pilot - I can tell you from experience that it takes a lot of intelligence and moxie to fly one of those things.

Greyfox
02-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Only a very sick council would kick out the Marines.

46zilzal
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Only a very sick council would kick out the Marines.
You haven't been to Berkeley have you?

It is a different world

ddog
02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
They can't do it, guys.

They DO NOT HAVE jurisidiction! Get it???

Voice of sanity from the story and as I posted before.

"The Marine official, speaking with FOX News on Friday, said Marine Commandant Gen. James Conway scoffed at the news, but there are no plans to protest the City Council's decisions.
There are definitely no plans to move the recruiting station either.

"To actually put something into law that encourages the disruption of a federal office is ridiculous.
They are not going to kick a federal office out of its rightful place there, and this is not going to discourage those young patriots who want to be Marines," the official said."

As to the earmarks, once Demint shelves his then he can get these out as well.
NONE OF THEM SHOULD BE SPENT IN THE FIRST PLACE, IN S.C. or in Berkley.

million bucks for Matsooee to store some papers and have an office to go to there. B.S. NONE OF THAT SHOULD EVER BE SPENT FOR ANY OF THEM.
Raise it private or don't build a damn thing.

The only thing on that list is the nutrition program , which MAY be needed.

Oh , and by the way, knowing the area a little, the Fed(formerly their money) taxes they are being given back, how is that bad other than the stuff this is being spent on.
I suspect they are net tax payers to the Feds after all is said and done.
So, shouldn't they get their own money back?

:ThmbDown:

Greyfox
02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
You haven't been to Berkeley have you?

It is a different world

I haven't been to Berkeley. However in the late 1960's a mentor of mine was a graduate of Berkeley - the campus. A definitely different chap. Outre to say the least. Haight-Ashbury was the "center of the Flower Child Universe."

Having said that, Berkeley is part of the U.S. The Marines are absolutely necessary. Only a sick council would kick the marines out.

46zilzal
02-01-2008, 04:57 PM
I haven't been to Berkeley. However in the late 1960's a mentor of mine was a graduate of Berkeley - the campus. A definitely different chap. Outre to say the least. Haight-Ashbury was the "center of the Flower Child Universe."

Having said that, Berkeley is part of the U.S. The Marines are absolutely necessary. Only a sick council would kick the marines out.

Wow Semper Fi......I grew up next to a bunch of "jar heads."

Bastards went around in fighting mode all the time. Saw more than my share of their street fighting as a child outside a restaurant they frequented near El Toro Naval Air Station.

Can recall asking my parents: "What makes those guys so angry all the time?"

Now I know: the indoctrination....Only problem is that many cannot ever turn it off.

Greyfox
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Wow Semper Fi......I grew up next to a bunch of "jar heads."

What you say is quite probably true. But the recruiting station is not the base.

46zilzal
02-01-2008, 05:07 PM
What you say is quite probably true. But the recruiting station is not the base.
Yes, they are looking for more clones who will come out mindless automatons with guns, just like the ones I experienced for years.

JustRalph
02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes, they are looking for more clones who will come out mindless automatons with guns, just like the ones I experienced for years.

Those mindless automatons are the difference between good and evil. The role of the U.S. Marines in History is immense. These men and women are feared throughout the world. You and your little anedoctes about the local guys who scared the shit out of you.........means nothing. God Bless the Marines and Thank God we have men and women who volunteer to become Marines.

lsbets
02-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Sounds like 46 got his ass kicked a lot in his younger days and can't get over it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

46zilzal
02-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Sounds like 46 got his ass kicked a lot in his younger days and can't get over it.
The same guess what, now three times?, and incorrect each attempt.

ddog
02-01-2008, 10:36 PM

You are WAAAAY off base here.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY OOOUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT!

46zilzal
02-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Let's see. The basic premise of all friends who went through it, tell me the first aspect is to train you not to think but just obey.. Even LOGICAL thought, if it is different than the commanding officer, is not part of it.

Mind seems fairly well disconnected via that philosophy.

JustRalph
02-02-2008, 03:40 AM
Mind seems fairly well disconnected via that philosophy.

you ought to be the expert on that...............

Tom
02-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey 46, you missed one:

Ever here of G.W. Bush

Tom
02-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I wish Windex could get my windows as transparent as 46!

Tom
02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Can recall asking my parents: "What makes those guys so angry all the time?"

May it was because they lived next door to YOU! :lol: