PDA

View Full Version : Wagering Past Post

northerndancer
01-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Since we have a great thread going between the Hatfields and the McCoys about the Ontario Racing Commission suspending a horse for 90 days for a positive on Class 1,2 & 3. I thought I would turn it around on to the punters.

Is wagering after the start of the race a violation?

Have you been able to wager after the start of the race?

If someone is caught wagering after the start of the race what should the penalty be for such and infraction?

In life it is so much easier to look and judge when sitting on the other side but now that it is in your own backyard.........hmmmmmmmm

njcurveball
01-31-2008, 02:26 PM

I personally have not on 4njbets and despite my professions at being honest, I have "looked" to see if they have any loopholes.

If I "accidentally" put in a trifecta after betting was closed and it won, I would surely call them up to tell them to remove the money from my Account. :liar:

Jim

Dave Schwartz
01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Jim,

Yes, perhaps in year three.

:lol:

Dave

Hosshead
01-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Anybody ever get to the window and have the race go off while your calling out your exotic combinations?
Then before you finish, .. the machine is locked ?
This is called a Real Partial Wheel ! LOL

njcurveball
01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
This is a true story!

I put in 2 exacta combinations at 4njbets on a race at Golden Gate a while back. I hit submit on a ticket showing BOTH combinations and they only accepted one of them.

Naturally, the other WON as you can expect. Never had a "split" of a ticket accepted before or after that. Strange, very strange! :mad:

Jim

DanG
01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Late 1980’s; the machines would not lock out occasionally at the Imperial Palace in Vegas. One time in particular they were open during a harness race entering the stretch. A teller (who was always looking for ANY edge) saw this and started punching tickets like a concert pianist.

I guess the story wouldn’t be lodged in my brain if the leader didn’t go on a break and he lost all $400 some odd combinations. I think my brother lent him the cash to make up the till and he may still be there for all I know. (Although I doubt it)

northerndancer
01-31-2008, 07:18 PM
Since we have a great thread going between the Hatfields and the McCoys about the Ontario Racing Commission suspending a horse for 90 days for a positive on Class 1,2 & 3. I thought I would turn it around on to the punters.

If someone is caught wagering after the start of the race what should the penalty be for such and infraction?

In life it is so much easier to look and judge when sitting on the other side but now that it is in your own backyard.........hmmmmmmmm

I would like to get this thread back on track......... since the punters (The McCoys) came out after the owners (The Hatfields) on the other thread I felt it only appropriate to change positions.

Kelso
02-01-2008, 12:55 AM

1) A "violation" of what? I do consider it fraudulent on the part of the tracks that facilitate past posting.

2) Yes, although within only a second or two of the start, while using MTH machines.

3) The track should be fined heavily and required to refund all losing tickets. The tracks are in complete control of closing off betting ... nobody else is. They should take ALL steps to prevent past-posting.