PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Horsemen

TEJAS KIDD
01-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Wouldnt it be great if a racetrack sent out this letter with stall applications?

Dear Horsemen,

We are pleased to inform you that we have decided to clean up our sport and level the playing field for all participants. Starting this season, we have received approval from the racing commission to institute a 24 hour detention barn for all horses racing at (insert track name here) Also, we have received approval for a ZERO-TOLERANCE drug policy.

Any trainer receiving a positive test for a banned substance will be SUSPENDED for life from participating at (insert track name here). Furthermore, any horse currently trained by the aforementioned trainer will be shipped off the premises and will not be allowed to race for the remainder of the current race meeting.

Thank you,

Track Management

Stall Applications are due (insert date here)

magwell
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Wouldnt it be great if a racetrack sent out this letter with stall applications?

Dear Horsemen,

We are pleased to inform you that we have decided to clean up our sport and level the playing field for all participants. Starting this season, we have received approval from the racing commission to institute a 24 hour detention barn for all horses racing at (insert track name here) Also, we have received approval for a ZERO-TOLERANCE drug policy.

Any trainer receiving a positive test for a banned substance will be SUSPENDED for life from participating at (insert track name here). Furthermore, any horse currently trained by the aforementioned trainer will be shipped off the premises and will not be allowed to race for the remainder of the current race meeting.

Thank you,

Track Management

Stall Applications are due (insert date here) thats a great letter :bang: now lets get back to picking a winning pick4 at gp

jma
01-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Maybe there might be a place we could get to between "no real enforceable punishment" and "absolutely barred for life on first offense no questions asked"? What would happen would be someone planting something on whoever the leading trainer is, they are barred for life, lawsuits for years, etc. That would be the end of the zero tolerance rule. So, we should probably be a little more realistic. Just some enforceable regulations, that's all.

njcurveball
01-31-2008, 11:47 AM
)

YES! AGREE WITH YOU 100% :ThmbUp:

Jim

TEJAS KIDD
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Maybe there might be a place we could get to between "no real enforceable punishment" and "absolutely barred for life on first offense no questions asked"? What would happen would be someone planting something on whoever the leading trainer is, they are barred for life, lawsuits for years, etc. That would be the end of the zero tolerance rule. So, we should probably be a little more realistic. Just some enforceable regulations, that's all.

Shouldn't the trainers already be concerned with someone planting something or drugging their horses without their knowledge? What difference does it make when it comes to the punishment? I would think that if I were a high profile trainer and I was making money hand over fist, then I would take some security measures to make sure that noone was tampering with my horses. F It would only cost about $350 per shed row to install a wireless video camera with a 200 hour Dvr hard drive. You would think that Steve Asmussen could have saved himself his 6 month suspension if he had cameras located in his shed rows. Oh wait a minute, I get it!!, if they don't have cameras then they can say, "I don't know how that Cobra venom got in my tack room"
Maybe tracks could charge the trainers the $350 per shed row per meet for the cameras. The trainers on the same shed rows could split the costs. I'd even pay for my trainers share of the costs.

kenwoodallpromos
01-31-2008, 01:44 PM

Dear Horsemen,

Thank you,

Track Management

Stall Applications are due (insert date here)
"http://www.samhoustonracepark.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=kRQT7tkUMT8%3d&tabid=56&mid=1616"
SH stall application.
See the top line, page 2; most track have that, Lone Star does not.
"