PDA

View Full Version : TwinSpires In Ca.

Hosshead
01-31-2008, 01:38 AM
For how long?

I need at least 2 ADW's to cover most of the tracks, and XpressBet is one of them, BUT:

The strict video restrictions at ExpressBet have become totally unacceptable to me.
Now that we can use TwinSpires here in Ca., I'd like to close my XB account and go with TS. Actually, I don't see why anybody in Ca. would want to keep XB after they decided that you can only look at video for X minutes before a race and your account means nothing to them. (as far as video is concerned)

But saw a post on PA from last Nov.20007 stating that the TwinSpires deal may only be temporary.

Here's part of the text:
Following intense negotiations in recent weeks involving the Thoroughbred Owners of California (TOC), Hollywood Park, Bay Meadows, Golden Gate Fields, Santa Anita Park, TVG, XpressBet, TwinSpires, and YouBet, the parties reached an agreement that begins Wednesday with the opening of the Hollywood Park and Golden Gate fall meets and runs through July 13, 2008, closing day of the Hollywood Park spring-summer meet.

Is it possible that TwinSpires will not be able to operate in Ca. after that date?
Don't want to move my account then have it closed.

-------- Thanks, Hoss

rrbauer
01-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Twin Spires is OK with the CHRB as an ADW outfit. Your quote has to do with the racing associations and horsemen approving their contract. Something that comes up all of the time.

Notice that Del Mar isn't mentioned. Currently a TVG-exclusive track their meet opens after Hollywood. Don't know when the TVG-exclusive situation runs out or if the new game in Calif means it doesn't matter and that all the ADW's get a crack at all of the tracks if the ADW's meet the contract terms.

Hosshead
01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks Richard. I guess it's ok to go with TwinSpires from Ca.
Some of the comments on PA seem to indicate that the TS website is at least better than XpressBet.
I think the YouBet site says they cover Del Mar too (for Ca. residents).

rrbauer
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks Richard. I guess it's ok to go with TwinSpires from Ca.
Some of the comments on PA seem to indicate that the TS website is at least better than XpressBet.
I think the YouBet site says they cover Del Mar too (for Ca. residents).

I have bet Del Mar via YouBet in the past from outside Calif.

Spendabuck85
02-01-2008, 05:35 PM
From Capital OTB website:
Racing Fans - Wagering on Santa Anita and Golden Gate Fields is unavailable today because the California Horsemen have withdrawn their consent to interstate simulcasting and wagering with the New York State Off-Track Betting Corporations. We apologize for this interruption and are working to resolve the problem

NoCal Boy
02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
This could be a big battle as it is presumably over signal fees. Be very interesting to see if this continues as it could set a precedent elsewhere between tracks and NY OTB's. Historically, the rates paid by NY OTB's are very low due to volume. Any other possible ideas on why there is an impasse?

Hosshead
02-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Does this effect NY bettors that play Ca. at either the NY tracks or online ?

NoCal Boy
02-01-2008, 09:34 PM
It very likely is limited to OTB's and any phone/online service of the OTB's.