PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback

andicap
01-29-2003, 02:00 PM
I need comments from people -- to be quoted in an article in the Hollywood Reporter -- about the following idea.
Please email me if you're interested.

-- It seems to me that people watch the ads during the Super Bowl almost as much as the game. The guys I was watching was were actually paying more attention to the ads than what John Madden had to say.

My idea: ABC should run a show a couple of days after the game of highlights from the best ads from the game. Maybe 30 min or an hour. Package it with a tongue-in-cheek host like Jimmy Kimmel who would talk about how they came up with the idea, etc. (like Terry Tate, office linebacker, which I loved.)

would people watch this show????

hurrikane
01-29-2003, 02:05 PM
as long as that idiot Madden doesn't host it.

Doug
01-29-2003, 02:16 PM
IMO-Folks that watch the game are not that interested in the commercials, just don't mind them as much as usual.

Most of them are not that great, butdo appeal to one segment of the population or another. They give fodder to a little water cooler conversation the following day.

Don't think they would like to watch an entire show about them.

The fed-ex commercial was pretty cool.

Doug

David McKenzie
01-29-2003, 04:43 PM
The Ozzie Osbourne commercial [Pepsi Twist] was hysterical.

Derek2U
01-29-2003, 05:28 PM
OZZY commecial was the Best and The REF w/ the Horses &
Zebra Ad was 2nd ... I thought all the others were suck'd.

ranchwest
01-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Yo!

Tom
01-29-2003, 06:37 PM
But then again, I would watch anything.
Run it on CBS and let them analize then using the "video pen" thing they use during football games.
Have some fun with it.

Lefty
01-29-2003, 08:20 PM
I'd watch. It'd be better than so-called "reality" shows where women prostitute themselves.

Zaf
01-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Sure I'd watch. The OZZY commercial was da bomb.

ZAFONIC

superfecta
01-30-2003, 01:22 AM
Office line backer was funny,Ozzy is getting boring.The "crazy" NFL ad was good.I would watch a recap of the best Super Ads.I would rather watch Shania for a half hour tho.Just tell her that Ming the merciless called and wants his cape back,and then it would be the perfect show.

Dick Schmidt
01-30-2003, 04:23 AM
Andy,

Seems like a winner. Talk about a cheap show to produce! Skip the horse's ass "host" and maybe use a clever voice over to introduce the commercials. Maybe you could even charge to show them, though at a much lower rate, or throw it in when someone buys a super bowl slot. So, you gonna go big time and produce it?

Dick

andicap
01-31-2003, 02:56 AM
Thank you all for the replies. Unfortunately i could not use any of them in the column -- lack of space -- but they were very helpful in formulating it.