PDA

View Full Version : Premier Turf Club

twintri
01-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Hi gang,longtime lurker but I had to make this post.

After reading all the good messages about PTC I joined on friday and started betting on Saturday.

I have gambled at many onshore, offshore sites over the years.

Late in the night saturday, I called in a bet that the teller made a mistake on, a mistake that I would bet that could never happen again.

Within minutes of this happening, after the superviser called Ian, the money I would have won was in my account and it was over $1000.

It was quickly handled in a first class manner and although its only been a couple days that I have bet there, I would agree with the posters here, who have had a very positive time at PTC.

Ian, keep up the great work, but please tell me how I can explain to my wife that we wont be accumulating any more bonus points at UBET to get a new toaster oven.(lol)

csmith
01-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi gang,longtime lurker but I had to make this post.

After reading all the good messages about PTC I joined on friday and started betting on Saturday.

I have gambled at many onshore, offshore sites over the years.

Late in the night saturday, I called in a bet that the teller made a mistake on, a mistake that I would bet that could never happen again.

Within minutes of this happening, after the superviser called Ian, the money I would have won was in my account and it was over $1000.

It was quickly handled in a first class manner and although its only been a couple days that I have bet there, I would agree with the posters here, who have had a very positive time at PTC.

Ian, keep up the great work, but please tell me how I can explain to my wife that we wont be accumulating any more bonus points at UBET to get a new toaster oven.(lol)

Same thing happened to me some time ago..The PTC interface was not working right ( not sending the queued bets ). Within a matter of a few minutes of Ian being told of this, the money that I would have won was in my account. Great job Ian

Premier Turf Club
01-28-2008, 07:56 AM
There was no question in my mind that the error was ours, and paying off the wager was the right thing to do.

It happens, we're all human, we all make mistakes. It's how we deal with them that can differentiate as an organization. I appreciate Twin Tri's understanding and was pleased we were able to satisfy him.

Sorry, cant help you as far as the toaster oven goes. I burned my Youbet points this summer buying what turned out to be the world's most expensive electric sccoter for my son. Cost me $80,000 in wagers. :lol:

rrbauer
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I haven't played a lot at PTC (mainly because I'm not playing a lot these days) but Ian took care of a foulup in my account that kept a bet from being placed and he made it right by crediting the account.

The last time that I played, I was doing some 2-horse win dutches and they really handle this well by allowing you to specify a minimum ROI (based on composite live odds of the horses you're betting) that you will accept. Only betting site that I know that will do that.

I bet a lot of P3's and P4's that are rather convoluted. Youbet's wager panel allows you to use the previous bet as a template for the next bet. This really accelerates getting my multiple bets placed. I'd like to see PTC come up with something like that (along with getting approved for more tracks).

The folks at PTC work hard to give horseplayers a lot of options for building intelligent plays.

Premier Turf Club
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
I haven't played a lot at PTC (mainly because I'm not playing a lot these days) but Ian took care of a foulup in my account that kept a bet from being placed and he made it right by crediting the account.

The last time that I played, I was doing some 2-horse win dutches and they really handle this well by allowing you to specify a minimum ROI (based on composite live odds of the horses you're betting) that you will accept. Only betting site that I know that will do that.

I bet a lot of P3's and P4's that are rather convoluted. Youbet's wager panel allows you to use the previous bet as a template for the next bet. This really accelerates getting my multiple bets placed. I'd like to see PTC come up with something like that (along with getting approved for more tracks).

The folks at PTC work hard to give horseplayers a lot of options for building intelligent plays.

Thanks for the kind words Richard.

We are working on upgrades to our new bet builder interface that will allow the user (amongst other things) to

1) choose whether to clear or leave runners from a previous wager
2) turn bet confirm on or off
3) repeat last wager with a single button
4) copy legs of a wager (1st to 2nd,3rd or 4th; 2nd to 3rd or 4th, etc)
5) display imputed odds of a runner based upon exacta or double pays (this will take a little bit but I think it's important)
6) export results of your play to excel or word (right now we've got very good reporting capabilities on previous wagers, but not an export function)

Unlike wager pad pro, bet builder works in Firefox as well as I.E, in a Windows, Mac or Linnux environment. I'm told it works quite nicely on a Toshiba tablet.

If anyone's got any other suggestions feel free to post them or shoot me an e-mail at ian@premierturfclub.com We've got more work to do,but I think we're on our way to creating the fastest, most flexible interface on the 'net.

BillW
01-28-2008, 08:25 PM
2) turn bet confirm on or off

e-mail confirmation?

e-mail wager results would be great too - in text for checking on cell phones. :ThmbUp:

Premier Turf Club
01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
e-mail confirmation?

e-mail wager results would be great too - in text for checking on cell phones. :ThmbUp:

No, confirm as in when you submit a wager you get a message that reads ...you are submitting a wager, etc... By turning it off you can send bets in more quickly. As far as sending results, that will all be part of PTC mobile which is a 2008 project. That will be a really cool project. :)

BillW
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Great! - I'm a big fan of placing conditional wagers and heading out for the day. I can check results on the Bris mobile site now, but I usually forget my bets by then :D

BigJake
02-13-2008, 11:05 PM
I was wondering if it made sense to play PTC if your not going to bet $1000+ a month. I have thought about trying them two or three times, but the most I've ever bet a month is $500. Most months I am in the $200 to $300 range. If people currently using PTC don't mind sharing some if this information, I would be greatful.

BillW
02-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I was wondering if it made sense to play PTC if your not going to bet $1000+ a month. I have thought about trying them two or three times, but the most I've ever bet a month is $500. Most months I am in the $200 to $300 range. If people currently using PTC don't mind sharing some if this information, I would be greatful.

I definitely find it worthwhile. They are the ADW that proves they want my business through their actions. The interface is great and otherwise no complaints at all.

boomman
02-14-2008, 09:49 AM
There was no question in my mind that the error was ours, and paying off the wager was the right thing to do.

It happens, we're all human, we all make mistakes. It's how we deal with them that can differentiate as an organization. I appreciate Twin Tri's understanding and was pleased we were able to satisfy him.

Sorry, cant help you as far as the toaster oven goes. I burned my Youbet points this summer buying what turned out to be the world's most expensive electric scooter for my son. Cost me $80,000 in wagers. :lol:

Wow Ian, maybe 6 toaster ovens would have been a better deal!!:D

Boomer

Cangamble
02-14-2008, 09:56 AM
The rebates may give you incentive to bet more, especially if they turn you from a moderate loser (on horses) to a moderate winner.

Premier Turf Club
02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
We rolled out a couple of big additions to our software yesterday, another step in the continuous improvement process.

We have added the ability to construct a key-box wager with a single submission on all multi-horse gimmicks (i.e. exacta, tri's, supers). For example, if you like a 25-1 longshot, say #1 and want to play him in all positions with contenders 2,3,4,5 in all 4 legs simply check superfecta key-box and select the 1 in leg A and the 2,3,4,5 in leg B. What you'll get are 4 tickets as follows:

1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1

The concept is the same for 2 leg and 3 leg wagers.

Additionally, we have added Cancel Wager capability for those times you mispunch or simply change your mind on a bet after watching your horse go the post.

We appreciate all the support we've gotten, particularly over the past 4-6 weeks. If you're not currently a customer, we think you're missing out on the best wagering platform in the business. You can sign-up online at www.premierturfclub.com.

rrbauer
02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
We rolled out a couple of big additions to our software yesterday, another step in the continuous improvement process.

We have added the ability to construct a key-box wager with a single submission on all multi-horse gimmicks (i.e. exacta, tri's, supers). For example, if you like a 25-1 longshot, say #1 and want to play him in all positions with contenders 2,3,4,5 in all 4 legs simply check superfecta key-box and select the 1 in leg A and the 2,3,4,5 in leg B. What you'll get are 4 tickets as follows:

1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1/2,3,4,5 and 2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/2,3,4,5/1

The concept is the same for 2 leg and 3 leg wagers.

Additionally, we have added Cancel Wager capability for those times you mispunch or simply change your mind on a bet after watching your horse go the post.

We appreciate all the support we've gotten, particularly over the past 4-6 weeks. If you're not currently a customer, we think you're missing out on the best wagering platform in the business. You can sign-up online at www.premierturfclub.com.\

So if it was an exacta the 1 would be up and down with the other horses clicked?

Premier Turf Club
02-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes Richard. Precisely. On exactas it means just one punch instead of 2.

njcurveball
02-14-2008, 04:36 PM
I burned my Youbet points this summer buying what turned out to be the world's most expensive electric sccoter for my son. Cost me $80,000 in wagers. :lol:

I guess it depends where you are. My $80,000 in betting at 4NJBETS got me nothing but poor customer service and a new interface that is unbearable. Wanna trade? :jump:

Jim

rrbauer
02-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Good feature. The only other place that I have ever been able to bet a key exacta box (one horse with many, up and down) was at PhoneBet with an operator. I tried it at PTC in the 10th at Tampa....it works!

prospector
02-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes Richard. Precisely. On exactas it means just one punch instead of 2.
great addition...i've used it a few times today...

Premier Turf Club
02-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Good feature. The only other place that I have ever been able to bet a key exacta box (one horse with many, up and down) was at PhoneBet with an operator. I tried it at PTC in the 10th at Tampa....it works!

I don't know if any other internet ADW has it. We built the code ourselves because that wager type is undefined on the Amtote gateway. :)

Scottytoohotty
02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
i thought the youbet wagerpad pro had keybox, at least for exacta

I'm glad about being able to cancel wagers. accidently betting the wrong race sucks, and not being able to cancel makes it worse, so this is a good addition.

Premier Turf Club
02-14-2008, 09:14 PM

You may be right. I know they don't have it for tri's and supers. It was a bitch to code. I'd be surprised if many ADWs took the time to write the algorithm.

affirmedny
03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Ian, I was wondering if you caught this in the blood horse chat with Richard Shapiro:

Salinas, CA:
Can you tell us why the ADW Premier Turf Club hasn't been approved in California. They have some wagering features that I think would be great to use, if I were able to utilize their services.

Shapiro:
I don’t know this ADW company, and to my knowledge they have not applied to be licensed in California. They also need to work out an agreement with the California horsemen and a track so they have content to wager on in California.

Would like to hear your comments on this, thanks
http://www.bloodhorse.com/TalkinHorses/RS022208.asp

InFront
03-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes, I would have to admit that even though I still have several other accounts PTC is one of the best and came a long way. From the Conditional minimum odds betting, queued betting good for last minute betting, the ability to cancel a bet even though it was sent in which local OTBs what even let you do. Plus the new Bet Builder which I think is much bettor than the other interface. And on top of all the rebates that are given quickly, are very good for all kinds of wagers and you can easily see what you're getting right under your Account.

Most of these services are not available in other phone accounts I have. The only downfall I see with PTC is the limited number of tracks it still has. While they are adding some tracks I would like to have access to more for both horses and dogs which I still need to go through my other accounts. But of course I rather bet all wagers through PTC one day if possible cause of the many advantages. Hopefully they will be adding more tracks soon.

QuarterCrack
03-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Is there a minimum monthly wager amount that is required to get the rebate at PTC?

Premier Turf Club
03-03-2008, 03:14 PM
We are more liberal right now than we will be down the road on minimum volume. Please contact me offline for details.

Ian

Premier Turf Club
03-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Ian, I was wondering if you caught this in the blood horse chat with Richard Shapiro:

Salinas, CA:
Can you tell us why the ADW Premier Turf Club hasn't been approved in California. They have some wagering features that I think would be great to use, if I were able to utilize their services.

Shapiro:
I don’t know this ADW company, and to my knowledge they have not applied to be licensed in California. They also need to work out an agreement with the California horsemen and a track so they have content to wager on in California.

Would like to hear your comments on this, thanks
http://www.bloodhorse.com/TalkinHorses/RS022208.asp

We have not applied for licensing in California at this time. We were offered contracts last year by C.A.R.F., but were unable to work out the details with the TOC. We're hoping in 2008, having a year under our belt, as well as having completed the TRPB due diligence means things will work out differently.

We definitely plan to apply for a license in California in the future.

john del riccio
03-03-2008, 07:06 PM
We have not applied for licensing in California at this time. We were offered contracts last year by C.A.R.F., but were unable to work out the details with the TOC. We're hoping in 2008, having a year under our belt, as well as having completed the TRPB due diligence means things will work out differently.

We definitely plan to apply for a license in California in the future.

Ian, not that I have anything against the land o' tofu....but have you gotten any traction with Jersey....? Please tell me you have !

John

Premier Turf Club
03-03-2008, 07:21 PM
John, NJ has a law precluding residents from playing with anyone but NJ bets. Until that changes there's nothing I can do. Except encourage you to move. Lots of homes for sale in my neighborhood. ;)

whyhorseofcourse
03-08-2008, 11:57 PM
I do not want to open a new thread but my dad just created an account with Premier Turf Club. He viewed his wagers and it had a bunch of columns.
Bonus was one of them it had a bunch of odd numbers of change in it, what is this????

stuball
03-09-2008, 11:34 AM
It is his rebate

Stuball :jump: :jump: :jump:

whyhorseofcourse
03-09-2008, 12:45 PM
It is his rebate

Stuball :jump: :jump: :jump:

Thanks for the reply.
Now I see why Premier turf club is a top site.
When do you get your rebates credited?

BillW
03-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Now I see why Premier turf club is a top site.
When do you get your rebates credited?

Daily

rrbauer
03-09-2008, 04:49 PM

I'm glad about being able to cancel wagers. accidently betting the wrong race sucks, and not being able to cancel makes it worse, so this is a good addition.

I noticed that today and tried it in a race and it works fine. Must be a recent change....probably copied from PTC.

Premier Turf Club
03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I noticed that today and tried it in a race and it works fine. Must be a recent change....probably copied from PTC.

I think Youbet has it but for exacta only. A quick story from one of our customers...

Last week guy's having a bad day, down about $3k, his wife is on his case about something. He's wanders back to his p.c. in time for the last race at Meadowlands, they're getting ready to go. Sees that a horse he likes is 25-1, he quickly puts together a $10 tri key-box with a couple of the more logical plays. The horses he likes runs 3rd, he catches a $700 tri 10x. Calls me the next day to tell me there's no way he gets that bet in anywhere else. Literally able to constuct in in less than 10 seconds and submit playing the longshot in all 3 spots.

Warms the cockels of my heart to hear stories like that. Makes all the hard work worth it.

startngate
03-13-2008, 02:12 PM
AmericaTab had the key box available back in late 2006, long before their sale to TwinSpires. Works for Exactas, Tris and Supers.

Pcon04
03-24-2008, 10:37 AM
If I'm away from my puter can I call into PTC????

pcon

cj
03-24-2008, 10:51 AM
This is from the site:

All account holders may place wagers through the Premier Turf Club internet wagering website available at www.premierturfclub.com. Additionally, certain account holders may place wagers by calling a toll-free number and speaking to a live telephone operator.

You'll have to get more specifics by calling.

Pcon04
03-24-2008, 10:54 AM
ok thanks

CJ

pcon

Premier Turf Club
03-24-2008, 01:49 PM
It makes sense to call and talk to us about it.

The short answer is yes we have a call center, but generally there is a a monthly minimum that must be mantained to use it. It simply costs us a lot more per wager over the phone. That being said, we generally let our customers use live tellers in a pinch when they're away from a PC.

Ian

Stick
03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Will Illinois residents be able to open accounts at PTC in the future to play tracks outside Illinois?

Premier Turf Club
03-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Probably not. The tracks are cracking down on that even though the proposed ADW bill has not been passed in the state legislature.

Scottytoohotty
03-24-2008, 08:41 PM
just a random :ThmbUp: post for PTC.

I like how Ian here is great at responding to any of my questions, comments, or concerns i have. he has always answered me promptly, courteously, and very honestly. He is also very informative and willing to share alot of information, which you can see by his posts and threads around here. He's willing to talk to and get suggestions from the players too. And, of course, these guys appear to enjoy what they do, making it all the better to work with them. These are things I can (and do) really appreciate.

oh yea, and lets not forget the rebates too :cool:

Premier Turf Club
03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
just a random :ThmbUp: post for PTC.

I like how Ian here is great at responding to any of my questions, comments, or concerns i have. he has always answered me promptly, courteously, and very honestly. He is also very informative and willing to share alot of information, which you can see by his posts and threads around here. He's willing to talk to and get suggestions from the players too. And, of course, these guys appear to enjoy what they do, making it all the better to work with them. These are things I can (and do) really appreciate.

oh yea, and lets not forget the rebates too :cool:

Thanks for the kind words. I really do enjoy this business. Dealing with players is the best part of my job.

Murph
03-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I really do enjoy this business. Dealing with players is the best part of my job.Did you recieve my e-mail from abt. 10 day ago, Ian? Do I need to type louder to reach you?

Murph

Premier Turf Club
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I apologize, I don't recall seeing it, but it could be buried. I try to answer every email the same day, but sometimes I get 100 during the course of a day. I will look for it but if you want to shoot me a PM or send it to me as well that might expedite it.

I don't have any assistance as our customers can attest. Every phone call to my number rings directly to me, every e-mail directly to my in box. I get overwhelmed sometimes.

Murph
03-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I apologize, I don't recall seeing it, but it could be buried. I try to answer every email the same day, but sometimes I get 100 during the course of a day. I will look for it but if you want to shoot me a PM or send it to me as well that might expedite it.

I don't have any assistance as our customers can attest. Every phone call to my number rings directly to me, every e-mail directly to my in box. I get overwhelmed sometimes.That would make the third time for my request, sir. Is this really what you want me to do? I can type louder if the need arises.

bigmack
03-24-2008, 11:30 PM
That would make the third time for my request, sir. Is this really what you want me to do? I can type louder if the need arises.
Phone has been out of the question since you changed it as a result from your "disgruntledness" with a software provider.

That "typing louder" thing; what is the point of that? Certainly, not comedy.

Murph
03-24-2008, 11:37 PM
^^^^^^

look ... there goes a TIT mouse.

Murph
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Thank you, Ian. That's all I needed to step off on a positive note!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
That's a perfect explination, Ian. I never considered your business model. Understanding that, I can now give better advice. Tony and I have looked at your site VERY closely. I want to be fair. I like what you say and your site is handsome and it works! My friends want to know what I think of all the hype and testimonials. Now I can tell them WHY I give the advice they seek.

Thanks for your help and best of luck to you. We'll be in touch one day. I hope you get to your break even this year by Labor day. Maybe you could take the next 3 months off in return for your hard work.

SUBJ: Customers
Originally Posted by Murph
Mine, are asking me for advice on using YOUR service. You make the call, Ian. I don't really care one way or another.

Posted by Premier Turf Club:
I'm not quite sure how to respond to that.

Posted by Murph:
If you don't mind, I will post the above into the forum area thread after my morning appointments.

thanks again

DeanT
03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Wow I opened my Horseplayer Mag to see the ADW issue. ADW's were looked at and somewhat graded. No PTC! What the heck? Perhaps the most innovative platform we have seen for pari-mutuel and not a mention? Bad job.

trying2win
03-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow I opened my Horseplayer Mag to see the ADW issue. ADW's were looked at and somewhat graded. No PTC! What the heck? Perhaps the most innovative platform we have seen for pari-mutuel and not a mention? Bad job.

Dean:

Did you send an email to Horseplayer Magazine and tell them what you thought of this glaring omission of PTC in their ADW story?

~"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing, because he could only do a little."

- Edmund Burke

T2W

prospector
03-28-2008, 06:32 PM
they need to change the title of their mag...not to know about PTC when your business is Horseplayers? for shame