PDA

View Full Version : Woodside Associates - Race Of The Week

john del riccio
01-26-2008, 07:41 AM
Normally, I would put up a 3yo stake enroute to Derby Day but there is no such race this saturday and one of our own has one going in a stake (ONEFAST99) named Prop Me Up who is not without a chance. The Henry Kuck Ratings for the Sunshine Millions this saturday at GP are available at the link below. Good Luck.

John

http://www.woodsideassociates.com/r...heweek/rotw.pdf (http://www.woodsideassociates.com/raceoftheweek/rotw.pdf)

Tom
01-26-2008, 10:11 AM
Nice move, John :ThmbUp:

Thanks

john del riccio
01-26-2008, 10:55 AM
For those of you who did not notice, I (accidentally) :eek: put the entire Sunshine Million card at GP up there today. Now go cash some tickets.

Good Luck.

John

speldedo
01-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks John, I never used them before but I'm going to try them out today.

russowen77
01-26-2008, 11:39 AM
For those of you who did not notice, I (accidentally) :eek: put the entire Sunshine Million card at GP up there today. Now go cash some tickets.

Good Luck.

John

Thanks John. I hope y'all consider doing the LA tracks someday. I really like those figures but I do better with the tracks which I am aware of right now. Hopefully that will change one day.

john del riccio
01-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks John. I hope y'all consider doing the LA tracks someday. I really like those figures but I do better with the tracks which I am aware of right now. Hopefully that will change one day.

Russ,

I do FG, but not LAD or DED. I'm working on ways to do more tracks in the future.

John

russowen77
01-26-2008, 03:51 PM
You have already given me one winner today. I hope you add LaD. I really like your product.

john del riccio
01-26-2008, 04:55 PM
PEACH FLAMBE has never been the distance, only race over a mile on dirt,

only competed in restrricted stakes, and her figures are well below this group.

PASS.

GINGER PUNCH is the class of the field and loves the 1 1/8 mi distance

with her two victroies also around two turns. The post is great, she is fresh

and has run well fresh previously. Her figures, strangley enough, are better

around one turn which is really the only chink in her armour.

LEAH'S SECRET has never been the distance, shows only two races over a mile,

and has been off since a subpar effort in August. Pletcher has taken over,

Velasquez takes the mount following a series of long & strong drills. If we expect her

to run her best race, she is only 1 length infererior to GINGER PUNCH around two turns

on her best day.

SAFFRONISTA moves up on an off track, doesn't belong.

SWISS CURRENT doesn't belong.

NIGHT POWER moves up on an off track & grass, neither of which will help today.

EXCHANGING FIRE ran some sharp races at MTH over the summer and tailed off in the fall.

She has never raced at 1 1/8 miles either. Stephen DiMauro gets this filly back and one has

to beleive that her last race was a prep vs. open company for this spot. Her regular rider makes

the trip to Florida for the ride.

BAYOU's LASSIE has raced at 1 1/8 miles but that was on turf. She sports a 5-3-1-0

dirt record which isn't too shabby. Her figures on grass are superior to her dirt numbers but

she does have some talent.

PROP ME UP is the only other filly in the race to have won at 1 1/8 on dirt other that GINGER

PUNCH. She has competed well in graded stakes vs. open company at GP. The post

may hurt.

MEMORETTE was off the board in her only dirt try at the distance and she is much more

accomplished on grass having run here at GP last year in a grass stake on Sunshine Millions

day. She has tailed off somewhat and the posy won't help. PASS.

LOST ETIQUETTE transferred to the Asmussen barn in November and does sport a victory around

tow turns but appears to be a little better around one turn and has never been the distance either.

The far outside post will realy hurt.

The pace is likely to be set by EXCHANGING FIRE but her lack of form and being

questionable at the distance, will likely leave GINGER PUNCH in the catbird seat.

If any horse has a shot to beat GINGER PUNCH, LEAH's SECRET may be the one.

At 10 minutes to post, she is 8-1. PROP ME UP and BAYOU's LASSIE can hit the board.

Good Luck.

JOhn

onefast99
01-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the write-up, we dropped a shoe in the stretch somewhere. She ran her eyeballs out and Ginger Punch was the best she has ever been. I would of liked to get in the top 5 as the payouts go to 5th but it wasnt in the cards, she came back in great shape and I will think about the Rampart on 3-9. She will stay at Gulfstream. Great time at the track! Thanks again.

john del riccio
01-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the write-up, we dropped a shoe in the stretch somewhere. She ran her eyeballs out and Ginger Punch was the best she has ever been. I would of liked to get in the top 5 as the payouts go to 5th but it wasnt in the cards, she came back in great shape and I will think about the Rampart on 3-9. She will stay at Gulfstream. Great time at the track! Thanks again.

If she threw a shoes again as she did in the BC, maybe you aught to let her pick out her own shoes (I guess its a woman thing) ;) !

JOhn

onefast99
01-28-2008, 07:49 AM
If she threw a shoes again as she did in the BC, maybe you aught to let her pick out her own shoes (I guess its a woman thing) ;) !

JOhn
She clipped heels with Bayous lassie we would of gone to the stewards but there was so much mahem after the race and Lezcano didnt know if bayous lassie came out on us at the top of the stretch as is clearly seen by the camera angles. I will let you know whats going on later this week as she goes back to GP for her workouts.

Premier Turf Club
01-28-2008, 08:14 AM

We need to somehow clone John. Or else create an 8th day each week.

njcurveball
01-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Lezcano didnt know if bayous lassie came out on us at the top of the stretch as is clearly seen by the camera angles. .

This would trouble me if I were an owner and the jock said he didn't know which direction a thousand pound animal was moving. :eek:

onefast99
01-28-2008, 12:08 PM
This would trouble me if I were an owner and the jock said he didn't know which direction a thousand pound animal was moving. :eek:
Agree, bayous lassie took the rail and then came three wide to move us even further out. Believe me after Ginger Punch won, the entire winners circle area was complete chaos as Frank and his friends all came running down to get into the picture. I have no idea what Elvis was thinking about moving erratically thru the stretch on Bayous Lassie, that also opened the door for Memorette to finish 3rd once we were steadied she lost all her kick.

bobphilo
01-28-2008, 01:40 PM

I liked Prop Me Up and had her in the Exacta with Ginger Punch. Thanks for the update about the lost shoe. That explains a lot.

Bob

onefast99
01-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I liked Prop Me Up and had her in the Exacta with Ginger Punch. Thanks for the update about the lost shoe. That explains a lot.

Bob
Thanks! She will be ready to go in 3-4 weeks at GP I'm looking at the Rampart or another smaller stakes for her. I'm also listening to some pretty decent offers to sell her.