PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate last nite

skate
01-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Old Mitt, sounded pretty good, huh? as did others...yeh baby.:cool:

riskman
01-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Smart moms tell their kids, "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."

That advice saved me a lot of heartache. And it will do the same for Republicans who are leaning towards voting for Mitt Romney in the Republican presidential primary.

Candidate Romney campaigns for president with the words we’re aching to hear. Words we want to believe. Candidate Romney tells us that he is a:

"fiscal conservative"
"tax cutter"
"waste fighter"
"opponent of runaway spending"
"tough leader who vetoes new taxes and needless government spending"
Let’s follow Mom’s advice: ignore candidate Romney’s words. Look at elected Governor Romney’s deeds.

What does he do when he’s elected?

Mitt Romney hits up taxpayers with a variety of new taxes – while pretending he doesn’t.

Mitt Romney jacks up government spending as much as any Big Government Democrat would.

Mitt Romney champions massive Big Government Programs – that make Ted Kennedy proud.

Do your own research. Check him out when he was Governor of Ma.

Tom
01-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Candiates are like hookers - the dress up nice, say whatever you wnat to hear, but down the road, you're really sorry you hooked up with them.:eek:

ddog
01-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm,where was that mandatory health thingy put in place anyway?

was that Mitt in Mass, not sure right now , maybe he's against that NOW?

business with 11 or more employees are FINED IF THEY DON'T CONFORM TO THE MANDATED STATE INSURANCE PLAN.

HAWAII has had something similiar for 30 years, still around 10-15% with no coverage.

Mitt's plan - NO plan to pay after 4th year-costs will soar and nothing in plan to budget for that.
OH,wait Mitt's in Washington now, he didn't do it.

sounds like just the guy we need to bring in to fix things.
of course, by the time you elect him who knows what he will be for then.

what a mess he left in Mass.

Marshall Bennett
01-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Although money may be the key to Mitt's success , money will eventually bring him down . Dems will rip him apart digging into his financial past , who got what , what went where , why is Joe Shmoe out in the cold . McCain is much more electable ... nothing hidden here !!

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Although money may be the key to Mitt's success , money will eventually bring him down . Dems will rip him apart digging into his financial past , who got what , what went where , why is Joe Shmoe out in the cold . McCain is much more electable ... nothing hidden here !!Does Hillary really want to delve into the financial matters of candidates? Her financial past is equally as questionable, if not more so....

Marshall Bennett
01-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Does Hillary really want to delve into the financial matters of candidates? Her financial past is equally as questionable, if not more so....
I didn't think her and Bill would use the race card to boost their agenda either but thats exactly what their doing . To me thats equally dangerous ... they desperately need Obama's white support . Your point is well taken though , should her and Romney win their nominations , would be an interesting shootout . I beleive we'd ultimately be the losers ... having to choose !!

Tom
01-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Just how many of those pant suits from Wal Mart did she actaully pay for?
Hmmmmmmmmmm........

kingfin66
01-26-2008, 06:35 PM
I am strongly opposed to having a president named Mitt. Almost as bad as having a Jimmy.

hcap
01-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Candiates are like hookers - the dress up nice, say whatever you wnat to hear, but down the road, you're really sorry you hooked up with them.:eek:
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/L/e/1/giuliani_in_drag2.jpg

We are already down THIS road :eek: :eek:

DanG
01-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Although money may be the key to Mitt's success , money will eventually bring him down .who got what , what went where , why is Joe Shmoe out in the cold . McCain is much more electable ... nothing hidden here !!
Huh? :confused:

Why is he called into question... because he’s successful? :confused: :confused:

The man can and has built a business from scratch, govern and organize. Call him whatever your heart desires, but the people that have run with his credentials are on a very short list recently.

JustRalph
01-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Huh? :confused:

Why is he called into question... because he’s successful? :confused: :confused:

The man can and has built a business from scratch, govern and organize. Call him whatever your heart desires, but the people that have run with his credentials are on a very short list recently.

The problem is, most don't understand how hard it is to build a business etc. This guy has been successful in business and people act like that means nothing. It does mean something. They say he single handedly saved the Olympic games. I am not endorsing the guy for president......but when it comes down to a "chief executive" he wouldn't be the worst choice for sure

skate
01-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Also, it sure is funny how the press seems to go for McCain and puts Mitt aside.

With that said, i'd love to see the Tax program of Huckleberry, put into play.
wont happen, but...

skate
01-26-2008, 08:11 PM
McCain was involved with the Savings and Loan Scandal.

Doesn't bother me, but.......

PaceAdvantage
01-27-2008, 03:26 AM
Also, it sure is funny how the press seems to go for McCain and puts Mitt aside.Well, the press is solidly left-leaning, and they see McCain as a much easier opponent for Hillary/Obama than Mitt....so there you go....as good a theory as any....

Tom
01-27-2008, 11:33 AM
I think the are desperate now that the Clinton's area attacking the press - they a need a mindless, flip flopping liar with no redeeming qualifications to do anything to be their darling........enter McCain! John Rodam McCain.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

skate
01-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, the press is solidly left-leaning, and they see McCain as a much easier opponent for Hillary/Obama than Mitt....so there you go....as good a theory as any....

I'd have to go along with that.

I've been somewhat of a fan of McCain. Crazy, but i do not like many of his policy. i figure, he had a reason, such as "give a little, take a little".

i'm becoming unsure after his comments about Mitt saying that we should put a time limit on the war. I really doubt that Mitt said "we should put a limit on war".

chickenhead
01-27-2008, 07:42 PM
McCain is anti deficit skate. You know what that means...no GDP growth. ;)

skate
01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I thought that Rudy had a great chance, but since Tom will not back him, he's as good as done.

ljb
01-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, the press is solidly left-leaning, and they see McCain as a much easier opponent for Hillary/Obama than Mitt....so there you go....as good a theory as any....
Meet the Press today, Russert said.
"According to the polls McCain is the only Republican that can beat Hillary."
Another theory?

skate
01-27-2008, 07:51 PM

Yes, i always thought " i had myself confused" with McCain.

The war stories are tough to overcome. you really must take the time to figure these people out and then who knows where they're going after they say whatever they say.

About the best you can do, would be, take a listen to C Rose, when he does his interviews with ALL the canidates, one by one.

I thought Huckleberry sounded 'right on' on his tax program. might not fly, but i like the thought.

skate
01-27-2008, 08:00 PM

About the debt.

i doubt that anyone, should, would or could change that direction. What with the BONDS that must be paid off by the issue of new bonds. been going on for a long time. It gets attention recently but FishBelly did the same thing i.e. increase bonds to a new record high.

not bad, as long as the economy stays good, but they must go hand n hand.
Things are going real good, just lower the taxes and everything will be dandy.

PaceAdvantage
01-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Another theory?Are you kidding? I rest my case....

Polls....:lol:

And they say Fox News is biased....:lol: :lol:

Do you truly think we're ALL idiots?

ddog
01-28-2008, 06:24 AM
The problem is, most don't understand how hard it is to build a business etc. This guy has been successful in business and people act like that means nothing. It does mean something. They say he single handedly saved the Olympic games. I am not endorsing the guy for president......but when it comes down to a "chief executive" he wouldn't be the worst choice for sure

the problem is most don't now HE didn't build a business from scratch.
I would give him a lot more kudos if he had started Staples or something like it.
He saved the Olympics, wow, when had a previous one failed?
Check out his speech to the Latinohomebuilders in Florida the other day.
He pandered and flip-flopped in the same sentence almost on their question about catastrophic home owners policies in florida and how nobody will write them anymore.

My reply would be , don't expect the gvt to bail you out if you choose to live where you can't get a policy.
His reply was we will need some kind of plan ,maybe a state plan - no response - OH ok, maybe we will need a fed plan to spread the risk over all the country so you can live on the coast.
BUT, I am not SURE HOW IT WOULD BE FUNDED.
isn't that the main part of the DC is broken garbage they all spew?

Plueeeez.

Sec of treasury or maybe budget director, that's him.

But, you are correct , he is not the worst of the bunch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bain_Capital

ljb
01-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Are you kidding? I rest my case....

Polls....:lol:
Just a quote from Tim Russert. Rest your case with him.

And they say Fox News is biased....:lol: :lol:

Yes

Do you truly think we're ALL idiots?
G.W.Bush is President, I rest my case.

Lefty
01-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I am strongly opposed to having a president named Mitt. Almost as bad as having a Jimmy.
But not as bad as a Hillary. She even lies about how she came to be named Hillary!

Tom
01-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah, she climbs every mountain! :lol:

Lefty
01-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Another theory?
Yeah, them polls been so good lately...

srdnaty
01-28-2008, 12:08 PM

ditto