PDA

View Full Version : another stupid question: Quick tabs/IE 7

JPinMaryland
01-25-2008, 02:21 PM
I am sure I am doing something stupid. Okay, I got IE 7 and it has quick tabs and this is a useful function, for once I get something useful from a new version.

But right now I can only see two of my quick tabs the rest are hidden and I have to hit the >> button to see more. What the hell? Yesterday I thought I had four or five of these opened and now only two. What tool or whatever do I need to fix? This is most annoying, the pt of tabs is you can see them, I cant see them. Dammit...

ny0707ny
01-25-2008, 02:53 PM
I think that is how they work. If you didn't have the >>> then you would have no room up top for the buttons like home, read mail, copy, paste, tools, and so on...

I open a new window if I want say 3 tabs of the same topic up top when Im on multiple web sites. Each window has it's own tabs.

bigchump
01-25-2008, 02:59 PM
When opening a new web page you want to be tabbed with the one you're currently viewing - right click on that link and select "open in new tab". Try this with several different links - they should all be tabbed on top.

hope this helps
bigchump

michiken
01-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Firefox, Opera and Safari have had tabbed browsing for years.

If you have a scroll wheel mouse, hold the wheel while you select the link. It will open a new tab.

JPinMaryland
01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I can open a link and make it a tab. that is not the problem. The problem is I can only view 3 tabs at any one time, when yesterday I could see a whole lot more at any one time.

5 minutes ago I could see four tabs, just for an instant, now I am back down to 3. Goddamit what is the pt. of having all these tabs if you cant see them? If I have to use the >> button then that is not better that just using multiple windows or at least it not much better.

I want to see all my tabs at once, or at least more than 3 of them. that way I can just click on whatever finished loading and read it. I dont want to have to keep scrolling through them...

michiken
01-25-2008, 09:30 PM
Come over to the DARK SIDE and download Firefox (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/)

Load the extension add ons adblockplus and flashblock and you will never have to watch ads too!

JPinMaryland
02-02-2008, 03:15 AM
It turned out it was a simple fix. Just unlock the tool bar and drag that part of the bar containing the tabs over some. I dont know why it messed up in the first place, after all it was working fine. But there is the fix, in case anyone needs to know. Thanks for the interest.. :ThmbUp: