PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested in CT or DED tonight

john messina
01-24-2008, 06:43 PM
If there's interest I'll post. I had a bad AQU line today, so I'm leary.

I fear failing.

Regards,

john messina
01-24-2008, 07:18 PM
If there's interest I'll post. I had a bad AQU line today, so I'm leary.

I fear failing.

Regards,

My alter ego says, "Go ahead take a shot. Have no fear"... so here it goes CT and DED

http://optimusracingnetwork.netfirms.com

Good Luck

spicytomato
01-24-2008, 07:19 PM
bad all over today

freehold , monticello and aqua:mad:

hey , way ahead notice

tomorrow the afternoon tracks
what ever you choose to post
that is close to 1pm eastern is good:p :) :ThmbUp:

would love to start weekend off with a bang!!

thanks for posting everyday its real nice of ya;)

judd
01-24-2008, 07:37 PM
how does your odds program work?

MarkH45
01-24-2008, 07:42 PM
I use all the reports you produce :)

john messina
01-24-2008, 07:42 PM
how does your odds program work?

I don't understand the question.

Regards,

retcu29
01-24-2008, 07:46 PM
John,
Enjoy your stand-up selections...thanks

judd
01-24-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't understand the question.

Regards, is it the selections lister in order (numbers) ?

john messina
01-24-2008, 07:50 PM
is it the selections lister in order (numbers) ?

Program number and odds

Regards,

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2008, 03:33 AM
Isn't it interesting how all of these new pickers, odds-line guys, etc. etc. seem to consistently draw out members with only a handful of posts to their credit?Why is that?

DanG
01-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Isn't it interesting how all of these new pickers, odds-line guys, etc. etc. seem to consistently draw out members with only a handful of posts to their credit?Why is that?
It’s what Jack Nicholson calls the “human infatuation period”. It lasts 18 months in a serious relationship and approximately 114 posts with a non-advertisers ‘comprehensive odds line. ;) (20+ to go)

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/afewgoodmenjack1.JPG

john messina
01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
It’s what Jack Nicholson calls the “human infatuation period”. It lasts 18 months in a serious relationship and approximately 114 posts with a non-advertisers ‘comprehensive odds line. ;) (20+ to go)

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/afewgoodmenjack1.JPG

After today it will be 17- posts to go.

Imagine quoting Jack Nicholson -America's preeminent living philosopher and a public intellectual on the matters of relationships, whose influence has been felt in virtually every discipline in the humanities and social sciences. From his early acting career until the present , he has spoken out clearly and courageously - always with considerable effect and sometimes at great personal cost - on major moral and political questions of the day.

Given Jack's recognition for his ernormous scholarly accomplishments and his outstanding contributions to humanity, I'm sad to hear that he predicts that I'll expire after the next 20+ posts.

But there may some glitter of hope. Apparently this prediction of doom doesn't apply to "advertisers".

DanG
01-25-2008, 10:30 AM

Imagine quoting Jack Nicholson -America's preeminent living philosopher and a public intellectual on the matters of relationships, whose influence has been felt in virtually every discipline in the humanities and social sciences. From his early acting career until the present , he has spoken out clearly and courageously - always with considerable effect and sometimes at great personal cost - on major moral and political questions of the day.

Given Jack's recognition for his ernormous scholarly accomplishments and his outstanding contributions to humanity, I'm sad to hear that he predicts that I'll expire after the next 20+ posts.

But there may some glitter of hope. Apparently this prediction of doom doesn't apply to "advertisers".
LOL…:)

Go get em Professor…

One of my favorite aspects of racing is the characters it attracts and you’re certainly no exception.

Enjoy your weekend. :ThmbUp:

njcurveball
01-25-2008, 10:55 AM
John,
Enjoy your stand-up selections...thanks

And don't overlook the stand-up comedy as well! :lol:

GaryG
01-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Posting on this board is like going to a party where nobody knows you. You can be a brain surgeon, an airline pilot or even a professor. You can be a Nobel winner or Olympic champion. Did I ever tell y'all about when I was leading in the last lap at Daytona? Keep on rockin jm.

njcurveball
01-25-2008, 11:08 AM

Imagine quoting Jack Nicholson

Son, we live in a world that has forums and those forums need selections and those selections need to be done by people who use big words like comprehensive, non bayesian, algorithm, and mobius transformation! Who's gonna do it? You? Anderon? Porkchop? Powerplay? Uncle Clyde? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Whobet leaving the board; you have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Whobet leaving the board, while tragic, probably saved dollars and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves dollars. It saves dollars since most people reading my comprehensive odds line do not understand it well enough to make any bets. They can only scratch their heads as I tell them how I win every race.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on this forum, you need me on this forum! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself or my selections or my odds line or anything I do to anyone here.

I provide a comprehensive, non bayesian, mobius transformation, @&@&*@# odds line! Anyone that questions the manner in which I provide it can use one finger in places they have only dreamed about. NOW I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up an IBM 360 or a large sheet of paper and start making a 60 by 60 matrix and make an odds line. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Signed Jack O. Nicholson
aka NOT A PROFESSOR

john messina
01-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Son, we live in a world that has forums and those forums need selections and those selections need to be done by people who use big words like comprehensive, non bayesian, algorithm, and mobius transformation! Who's gonna do it? You? Anderon? Porkchop? Powerplay? Uncle Clyde? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Whobet leaving the board; you have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Whobet leaving the board, while tragic, probably saved dollars and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves dollars. It saves dollars since most people reading my comprehensive odds line do not understand it well enough to make any bets. They can only scratch their heads as I tell them how I win every race.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on this forum, you need me on this forum! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself or my selections or my odds line or anything I do to anyone here.

I provide a comprehensive, non bayesian, mobius transformation, @&@&*@# odds line! Anyone that questions the manner in which I provide it can use one finger in places they have only dreamed about. NOW I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up an IBM 360 or a large sheet of paper and start making a 60 by 60 matrix and make an odds line. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Signed Jack O. Nicholson
aka NOT A PROFESSOR

I wasn't aware that you are, Jack Nicholson, the actor. What the hell are you talking about?

judd
01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
john, keep posting

jma
01-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I wasn't aware that you are, Jack Nicholson, the actor. What the hell are you talking about?

Apparently your sense of humor only applies to your own "humorous" posts.

And go watch "A Few Good Men." C'mon son.

john messina
01-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Apparently your sense of humor only applies to your own "humorous" posts.

And go watch "A Few Good Men." C'mon son.

Ok pop. Will do.

GaryG
01-25-2008, 12:41 PM
But seriously John, if you want to improve your "board cred" please do the following: Post a selection on some race with an analysis of why the horse should win. Not extensive, just why you like a certain horse. I doubt that you can do this but I have been wrong before.

john messina
01-25-2008, 02:42 PM
But seriously John, if you want to improve your "board cred" please do the following: Post a selection on some race with an analysis of why the horse should win. Not extensive, just why you like a certain horse. I doubt that you can do this but I have been wrong before.

Gary G you are not wrong.

Now for the explanation. I neither like or dislike any particular horse in a race. I can't tell you why I would bet a particular horse based on to what many refer to as factors. Such as early speed, late speed, form, race conditions, track biases, trainers, jockeys, running lines, recency, distance switches, positional advantages, beaten favorites, etc, etc.

The reason I can't qualify a horse on those factors is that they are not meaningful to my methodology, except as noise, in totality, in my analysis. I never see a pp line, or multiple pp's on any particular horse.

In other words, the factors are simply noise. I can't meaningfully quantify trainers effect, or jockeys effect. Obviously there is an effect or better yet some influence function on the horse's performance. Since I can't quantify the effects, I would in all probability introduce more error and choas by doing so with an influence function which is inadequate and most likely incorrect.

If you were to ask me, who is on the 1 horse? I couldn't tell. If you asked me if a particular horse will go to the lead, I couldn't tell you.

I can understand why this may seem odd to you.

Let me try an analogy. Let's take a flag pole, for example. And assume I have a good firm measurement of what is a stable situation under various weather conditions for the flag not to be damaged. One day the flag is damaged. I could try to analyze the conditions which contributed to the flag being damaged or I could say that a totality of forces contributed to the damage.

For me to attempt to explain further would be futile. The concepts of choas and noise theory are most likely beyond the purpose of this forum.

Gary, I hope this clarifies the question you posted.

Good luck,

GaryG
01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Gary, I hope this clarifies the question you posted.
Yes, it confirms what I thought. You don't know which end bites and which end kicks. Crushed any more races lately? :lol: :lol: :lol:

john messina
01-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Yes, it confirms what I thought. You don't know which end bites and which end kicks. Crushed any more races lately? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had a very day. How about you?

Regards,