DJofSD
01-23-2008, 09:27 PM
I think we're at or near a bottom.

What are you ready to buy?

Valuist
01-23-2008, 09:29 PM
I think we're at or near a bottom.

What are you ready to buy?

Not yet. Bear markets rarely end with a "V bottom". There will be big swings both ways. If the market does form a bottom, I will consider.

chickenhead
01-23-2008, 09:31 PM
big 3 for the year....been buying and will throughout the year

BAC

AXP

VWO

I have no idea if we're at or near a bottom....I just think they're well priced where they are now (the first two)....VWO, I'm lacking direct int'l, will be adding all year.

Best time to sell a good company is never...best time to buy...when they're cheap.

Tom
01-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Milk, bread, butter, bananas......before my 401K is all gone and my job goes to China. :eek:

Valuist
01-24-2008, 12:37 AM
big 3 for the year....been buying and will throughout the year

BAC

AXP

VWO

I have no idea if we're at or near a bottom....I just think they're well priced where they are now (the first two)....VWO, I'm lacking direct int'l, will be adding all year.

Best time to sell a good company is never...best time to buy...when they're cheap.

BAC has been on my radar but the Countrywide purchase kind of soured them to me, at least a bit.

lamboguy
01-24-2008, 01:03 AM
this ain't no bottom friends. AXP and BAC will be alot lower this time next year anybe half of what they are today. the volumes don't line up right for a bottom to be in place. by mid february we should be back in a destructive mode in the market, until then maybe a little bit of a bounce.

at that time i would recomend you take positions in QID, DXD and SDS.

for the record i have owned those equities since March of 2007 and have been in a house of pain.

i also see a good chance that the market makes a run after the next leg down and you might actually see the dow run to 16k

chickenhead
01-24-2008, 01:50 AM
you think BAC will trade at 0.6 x book over the next few months? And AXP at 6x earnings?

I hope so! You're not predicting a bear market, you're predicting the greatest buying opportunity the world has ever seen.

bigmack
01-24-2008, 02:29 AM
BofA is one of the most resiliant of stocks over the years. Some great stories of their tale documented in a number of good reading books. However, if they transend 60, by years end, I'd be flabergasted. Over leveraged and bad news to come.

AMEX commands some interest though what's an optimistic scenario, 35-40%? I'd pass.

Vanguard is the most interesting though the run tires around a hun and it's close to getting weary.