PDA

View Full Version : question: interpreting horses that are re entered

Chris Longshot
01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
just wondering if anybody had any advice about horses that are scratched by their trainers in classier events then put in easier spots. for example trainer scratches his horse out of a starter allowance then drops him in for a tag next race is this a sign that this horse is capable of winning a starter or does the trainer look at the competition sratches out but also knows he can at the very least win a claiming purse or is the trainer unsure what class level his horse can win at, i see a lot of trainers scratch horses from alw races into claimers, or is it just a race filing issue? its it an indication that a horse is live or much to do about nothing something not worthy of focusing on. thanks chris

46zilzal
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Many times it is not as curious so don't read too much into it. Trainer owes the racing secretary a favor and puts the horse in a spot to help fill a race that might not go otherwise.

cnollfan
01-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I view it as a sign of weakness.

njcurveball
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
just wondering if anybody had any advice about horses that are scratched by their trainers in classier events then put in easier spots.

I would consider it a stable intention of getting the purse money. Owners pressure trainers to get wins all the time. And bills need to be paid! What better way to get them paid than to get the Owner some purse money. If the trainer had previously done similar things with his horses, then you can view it as a BIG PLUS! :ThmbUp: