PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Millions @ SA a washout?

levinmpa
01-23-2008, 07:34 AM
From the National Weather Service: (sorry, their weather statements are always in CAPS)

AFTER THIS UPPER LOW MOVES ONSHORE... ANOTHER VERY STRONG AND COLD UPPER LOW IS FORECAST TO DROP SOUTHWARD ACROSS THE EASTERN PACIFIC...REACHING A POSITION WEST OF SAN FRANCISCO BY LATE FRIDAY MORNING. COMPUTER MODELS INDICATE THAT SYSTEM WILL DROP VERY SLOWLY SOUTHWARD FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY. THERE IS STILL QUITE A BIT OF UNCERTAINTY WITH THE TIMING AND THE EXACT TRACK OF THAT SYSTEM...AND SOME COMPUTER MODELS KEEP THE MAIN FRONTAL BAND OFF THE COAST THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON. AT THE VERY LEAST...MOIST FLOW OFF THE PACIFIC WILL LIKELY KEEP PERIODS OF RAIN ACROSS SOUTHWESTERN CALIFORNIA FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY. AND...THE FRONTAL BAND ASSOCIATED WITH THAT SYSTEM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING A PERIOD OF VERY HEAVY TO EXCESSIVE RAINFALL TO THE AREA SOMETIME BETWEEN FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND SATURDAY NIGHT.

IN VENTURA AND LOS ANGELES COUNTIES... RAINFALL TOTALS FROM MONDAY THROUGH THE WEEKEND ARE EXPECTED TO AVERAGE 2 TO 4 INCHES IN COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS...AND 4 TO 8 INCHES IN THE FOOTHILLS AND MOUNTAINS. LOCAL TOTALS IN EXCESS OF 10 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ALONG SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST FACING MOUNTAIN SLOPES.

onefast99
01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Now I know why Stronach sent Ginger Punch to GP, I still think we beat her!

DrunkenHorseplayer
01-23-2008, 12:23 PM
According to weather.com, there's a 70% chance of rain each of the next four days. Stronach better pray that they solved that drainage problem.

levinmpa
01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
According to weather.com, there's a 70% chance of rain each of the next four days. Stronach better pray that they solved that drainage problem.

The drainage problem is not solved. They had scheduled to close the track on Monday Jan 28th - Thursday Jan 31 to mix the Pro Ride polymers into the surface. This was for a couple of reasons. They needed the time to get the Pro Ride polymers manufactured, and they really wanted to wait until after the Sunshine Millions. Ron Charles stated that they cannot apply the Pro Ride polymers while the surface is wet, so this fix will most likely get pushed back further. This is really unfortunate.

There was some speculation that the Sunshine Million main track events might be moved to Golden Gate Fields in the event that rain made the main track at Santa Anita unusable. We will have to wait and see. I really enjoy the Sunshine Millions. I hope the weather folks are wrong this time.

Marshall Bennett
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Roll out the astroturf !! Nothing would surprise me anymore !!

rrbauer
01-23-2008, 04:51 PM
They rolled the dice, thumbed their noses at Hollywood Park and it comes up craps!! Nobody can tell these people anything and the term "contingency plan" gets little more than a "DUH", so let them deal with the fruits of their decisions.

BlueShoe
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
It is raining in SoCal as I type these words at 1715 Pst.Will assume a wash out and cancelation of Thursdays card.Only liked one short priced horse tomorrow,so no big deal for me.As I mentioned in an earlier post,the cancellation of Saturdays Sunshine Millions would be a big thing.

onefast99
01-23-2008, 10:53 PM
The races must run one after another at GP and SA so I would imagine they may run Sunday if SA is washed out? I think they will try their best to run the whole shabang at both tracks.

JustRalph
01-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Wednesday Night, 11:20 Est time..........this doesn't look good..........

DJofSD
01-23-2008, 11:45 PM
It'll be good weather.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/browsw3.html

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/full_lite_loop.php

The worse part of the storm is in the Sierra's where we need it and there's nothing coming down the pipeline. Unless the jet stream represented by that line of clouds you see in the Conus image drops down further south, whatever might coming in from the gulf won't get here in any great hurry.

P.S. I don't see a strong storm in the gulf - http://www.goes.noaa.gov/ak3.html

Hosshead
01-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Wed nite 11:15pm just drove by SA and raining HARD. I mean it's raining like hell ! Been raining here from late afternoon on.
I love it !

David-LV
01-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Wed nite 11:15pm just drove by SA and raining HARD. I mean it's raining like hell ! Been raining here from late afternoon on.
I love it !
As of 4:30 AM Thursday, SA has taken a lot of rain with a lot more on the way the next few days.

If SA cancels this Saturday will Gulfstream still run their half of The Sunshine Millions & what will happen to the Magna pick 5 ?

_________
David

onefast99
01-24-2008, 07:52 AM
As of 4:30 AM Thursday, SA has taken a lot of rain with a lot more on the way the next few days.

If SA cancels this Saturday will Gulfstream still run their half of The Sunshine Millions & what will happen to the Magna pick 5 ?

_________
David
I have a call into the racing secretary at GP to see what the plan would be if SA gets rained out. I'll keep you posted.

David-LV
01-24-2008, 08:19 AM
I have a call into the racing secretary at GP to see what the plan would be if SA gets rained out. I'll keep you posted.

Thank You for your help.:)

_______
David

levinmpa
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
No announcement has been made for the Thursday card on the Santa Anita website, but I can't believe they'll race today. Standing water is visible on the Cushion Track. No horses are working this morning. When that track gets wet, in the words of Ron Charles, "it's like mush".

http://www.santaanita.com/track/webcam.php

onefast99
01-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Gulfstream will run no matter what Santa Anita does.

MakinItHappen
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
WebCam is interesting. I see there is a tractor on the main track. It did not seem to be doing much. The standing water appears pretty significant...watching the ripples go out as the tractor drives through it...

There is several horses on that inner track. What is going on there?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide regarding what we are seeing on the webcam!

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappen

GaryG
01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
WebCam is interesting. I see there is a tractor on the main track. It did not seem to be doing much. The standing water appears pretty significant...watching the ripples go out as the tractor drives through it...

There is several horses on that inner track. What is going on there?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide regarding what we are seeing on the webcam!

Best of Luck Today Everyone!

MakinItHappenThe inner track is a dirt training track.

njcurveball
01-24-2008, 10:56 AM
It is curious why they do not run some races on that inner track with all of the problems they are having.

onefast99
01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Is it a cushioned synthetic also?

David-LV
01-24-2008, 11:14 AM
It is curious why they do not run some races on that inner track with all of the problems they are having.

The training track at SA is very narrow.

_______
David

onefast99
01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Gulfstream track today is muddy. Should dry out nice for Saturday.

DrunkenHorseplayer
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
The Sunshine Millions should be postponed a month if they can't run at SA.

onefast99
01-24-2008, 12:13 PM
The Sunshine Millions should be postponed a month if they can't run at SA.
Ok who picks up the tag for all the horses who shipped in yesterday? Lets get serious worst case scenario is it runs Sunday or Monday.

David-LV
01-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok who picks up the tag for all the horses who shipped in yesterday? Lets get serious worst case scenario is it runs Sunday or Monday.
If there is a worst case scenario.

Will they go ahead and run the Gulfstream part on Sat. and the Santa Anita part on Sun. or Mon.?

Santa Anita's weather forcast is rain thru Monday, if we get a washout of the whole weekend thru Monday what going to happen then?

_______
David

David-LV
01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Santa Anita has cancelled all racing for Thursday.
_______
David

MakinItHappen
01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Just checked out the SAX webcam. The track looks quite a bit better than it did a few hours ago but the sky looks very ominous!

onefast99
01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Gulfstream is racing the Sunshine Millions on Saturday per the racing office as of 10:30 am.

Hosshead
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
At least the SA DIRT training track held up well.
However, it's not a good sign when the tractors on the main track have pontoons.

point given
01-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Franks crew has a contingency plan in place. They are just keeping it on the QT. on a need to know basis. The plan is to call for a "surge " . John McCain has signed on to spearhead the effort. Oh, No, cancel that. My mistake - its Franks Energy drink they are naming "Surge " . I get so mixed up with all this stuff. My bad ! :blush:

If there is a worst case scenario.

Will they go ahead and run the Gulfstream part on Sat. and the Santa Anita part on Sun. or Mon.?

Santa Anita's weather forcast is rain thru Monday, if we get a washout of the whole weekend thru Monday what going to happen then?

_______
David

Pace Cap'n
01-24-2008, 09:13 PM
At least the SA DIRT training track held up well.
However, it's not a good sign when the tractors on the main track have pontoons.

Horses in SCUBA gear and jocks with snorkels under their shields...

MakinItHappen
01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Just checked out the SAX webcam again and it looks like the track has taken quite a bit more water. Significant standing water is evident in the problematic top of the stretch area. It also appears to be raining currently.

This cannot bode well for tomorrow's card.

InsideThePylons-MW
01-25-2008, 01:09 AM
Everybody please be aware that the Magna 3 wager starts this Saturday.

Si2see
01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
9:30 am eastern time Friday Jan 25.... I have been watching the santa anita webcam of the track and it has been POURING rain for the last ten minutes that I have been watching... Doesn't look like they will race the sunshine millons at SA.

rrbauer
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Ain't no Sunshine when she's gone................

Southieboy
01-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Steve Byk has said that they have canceled today

David-LV
01-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Santa Anita says that they are running tomorrow, I don't know how.

This is the latest weather forecast for California:

__________________________________________________ ________
__________________________________________________ ________

Another Storm Impacts The West

The first storm system that brought heavy rain and snow to California has moved well inland, while the next, stronger system, is now poised off the west coast; an onshore flow of moisture will increase today into Saturday bringing more heavy precipitation. Periods of heavy rain will increase today across western and central California, and continue into tonight. Periods of rain will then continue into the weekend. Rainfall amounts of 3 to 5 inches may impact the Eureka and San Francisco areas, with as much as 2 inches in Redding and Sacramento. Heavier rain will also fall along the foothills. Flash flooding and mudslides will be possible. Heavier rain may shift into the Los Angeles and San Diego areas by Sunday. In addition to the rain threat, gusty winds of 20 to 30 mph will impact areas from Redding and Sacramento, through the San Francisco Bay area. There may also be a few isolated strong to severe thunderstorms around the Los Angeles area today. Snow will also fall through the Mountains of California, with locally heavy snow again adding on to the totals obtained so far. Snow levels will be rising to 2500 feet across the mountains of Shasta and Lake Counties, the Shasta Lake Area, and the Northeast Foothills, Sacramento Valley, and West Slopes of the Sierra Nevada. Here, another 1 to 2 feet of snow will fall over the higher elevations. Snow will also fall across parts of the Mountains of San Francisco and Monterey Bay Areas, including the North and East Bay Mountains and the Diablo and Santa Cruz Range. Snow levels will be rising to around 3000 feet, with a few inches of additional accumulation today. Much of the Sierra Nevada will see more snow today, with 1 to 2 feet expected. Locally, more than 2 additional feet will fall in the highest country.

MAGICHORSEMAN
01-25-2008, 02:22 PM
Weather for this weekend is a knockout punch for Santa Anita adding to circus of events.

The whole Santa Anita track is like a circus with no customers.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h147/taoji/OWNED/Boxing-FighterRunsAway.gif

David-LV
01-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Quote:
“Obviously, we are hoping to get a break in this weather pattern and we’re concerned about being able to run our Sunshine Millions races here on Saturday,” Santa Anita President Ron Charles said. “We will assess the condition of the track on a day-to-day basis, and we’re just hoping conditions will improve to the extent that we’ll be able to run.”

Quote:
"We're stuck with a very unfamiliar surface. It won't drain. It won't dry. You can only scrape it," Charles said. "It's not made to be sealed. We're in uncharted waters."

After reading Mr. Charles quotes above.
Why would any horse owner risk racing on this surface tomorrow?
It is obvious that this racetrack is not safe to race on.

GaryG
01-25-2008, 04:06 PM
If I had horses at SA they would be headed to GP or FG. This is beyond belief. Maybe the track is being run by Amos and Andy. Hey Kingfish...I think we got trouble.

JustRalph
01-25-2008, 04:19 PM
I bet some of them head up north...........

garyoz
01-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Steve Davidowitz column from Trackmaster (free)

http://www.trackmaster.com/retail/steved/sd0108.htm

Frankie should fall on his sword. He's the worst thing that ever happened to racing in the U.S.

MakinItHappen
01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Check it out on the Santa Anita Web Cam:

Good Luck To Them!

MakinItHappen

sally
01-25-2008, 08:58 PM
I think you guys are worried too much-- today was really nice in Laguna--a little breezy at the beach and a bunch of clouds but no rain...seems to me the weather forcasters always say it's going to be worse than it is...I bet the weather holds until late Saturday night or Sunday--there always seems to be a delay in this kind of stuff...I hope I haven't cursed things, but I predict the races go off just fine tomorrow-- and ALL my picks win....:D

InsideThePylons-MW
01-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Check it out on the Santa Anita Web Cam:

Good Luck To Them!

MakinItHappen

They seem to have turned the webcam off.

Hilarious stuff!

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Nope, it's still on.

WeirdWilly
01-26-2008, 01:57 AM
I think you guys are worried too much-- today was really nice in Laguna--a little breezy at the beach and a bunch of clouds but no rain...seems to me the weather forcasters always say it's going to be worse than it is...I bet the weather holds until late Saturday night or Sunday--there always seems to be a delay in this kind of stuff...I hope I haven't cursed things, but I predict the races go off just fine tomorrow-- and ALL my picks win....:D

Just checked the webcam, they are working on the track.

Even if they do get in the Sunshine Millions, I would bet 1:9 that Sunday is a washout. Literally!

--------------------------------------------------------

FLOOD WATCH
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LOS ANGELES/OXNARD CA
702 PM PST FRI JAN 25 2008

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH ISSUED FOR ALL OF SANTA BARBARA...VENTURA...AND LOS ANGELES COUNTIES SATURDAY EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...

.EXCEPT FOR SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY...RAINFALL ACTIVITY IS EXPECTED TO DIMINISH IN AREAL COVERAGE AND INTENSITY ACROSS SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA..WITH ONLY SCATTERED SHOWERS EXPECTED THROUGH SATURDAY. ANOTHER STRONG WINTER STORM IS EXPECTED TO BRING SIGNIFICANT RAINFALL AND POTENTIAL FLOODING TO THE REGION SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY EVENING.

THE MAIN FRONTAL BAND OF HEAVY RAINFALL WITH POSSIBLE EMBEDDED THUNDERSTORMS IS EXPECTED SATURDAY NIGHT...WITH A THREAT OF HEAVY SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ON SUNDAY INTO SUNDAY EVENING. COASTAL AND VALLEY AREAS IN THE WATCH ARE EXPECTED TO RECEIVE BETWEEN 2 AND 4 INCHES OF RAIN...WHILE FOOTHILL AND MOUNTAIN AREAS COULD RECEIVE BETWEEN 4 AND 8 INCHES OF RAIN. STRONG UPSLOPE WINDS COULD PUSH STORM TOTALS EVEN HIGHER ALONG FAVORED SOUTH-FACING MOUNTAIN SLOPES OF EASTERN SANTA BARBARA...VENTURA AND EASTERN LOS ANGELES COUNTIES.

Southieboy
01-26-2008, 01:58 AM
There is still water on the track

Turfday
01-26-2008, 02:06 AM
nm

InsideThePylons-MW
01-26-2008, 02:09 AM
Nope, it's still on.

Yep, back on.

It was definitely off when I tried it earlier.

Investorater
01-26-2008, 04:17 AM
I know this is off topic but I wish to Thank Mr. Pace Advantage and all moderator's for this forum,although I've lurked for year's I appreciate the opportunity to vent,also many thank's to all member's for their vast knowledge,especially those unafraid to start thread's come what may.

shanta
01-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I hope that clear heads prevail and they cancel the races.

After reading the Davidowitz article and the comments made by the gentleman walking the track Thursday to race horses on this is inviting disaster.

If they race I hope upon hope that all riders and horses return safely.

GaryG
01-26-2008, 08:44 AM
If they do race I don't plan on watching any of them. Human greed knows no bounds. The monolith of Disney/ABC/ESPN can exert a lot of pressure. The mouse usually gets his way.

Hosshead
01-26-2008, 08:59 AM
It didn't rain much (if any) yesterday, clear enough to see the stars over SA last night. Probably won't rain again untill the races are almost over.
Right now they're trying to hide the white center stripe on the asphalt with a couple inches of "crap track". lol

BIG RED
01-26-2008, 09:45 AM
It's a mob scene on the inner track as I type.

hibiscus
01-26-2008, 09:49 AM
No matter what measures they take overnight it’s all guesswork and finger-in-the-dyke scrambling. If you were the owner of a horse, let alone one with the quality to be eligible to race in the Sunshine Millions, would you risk your horse on this surface after what’s just transpired? On traditional dirt tracks you’d have track superintendants grooming and preparing the surface. These individuals have years and years of experience. Who at SA has any experience preparing and maintaining a surface that’s never existed before a few months ago? Who can possibly have any confidence in what they’re doing today?

It’s shameful that SA management hasn’t taken the high road and canceled the card in the name of horse and jockey safety.

It would be refreshing to see an across-the-board boycott by all owners and jockeys and have all horses scratch from today’s non-turf races. Then again, greed rears its ugly head. Who will be the last owner to scratch from the $1,000,000 classic?

The jockeys can individually decide if they want to risk their lives but horses have no voice. It took a catastrophic breakdown in the Preakness to provoke the CHRB to fly into a kneejerk panic and prematurely mandate this garbage. Will it take (heaven forbid) a catastrophic breakdown of the likes of Diamond Stripes or a serious injury a jockey to finally wake up everyone to the shameful nonsense that’s about to unfold today? When Barbaro was injured the entire country was aware of what had happened. Yet today, is there anyone outside of our little niche who is aware of what is about to take place?

Had there been any competent management at Magna they would have last week moved the entire Millions card to Gulfstream in the name of safety and responsibility and they would have been lauded as heroes. Today they look like fools scrambling at the 11th hour without any clear idea of what they’re doing.

DanG
01-26-2008, 10:19 AM
The same manufacture has a track within 30+ minutes and yet they can train and / or race.

From a source I trust; Magna officials went against manufacturers recommendations and these are the results.

Let the sackings…begin. :ThmbDown:

Southieboy
01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
I have a funny feeling that if they do race, they will run until the classic and cancel

Tom
01-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Looking at the webcam, what is the inside dirt track for? The tractor is grooming right now?

stuball
01-26-2008, 10:38 AM
just checked the track webcam..track does notlook that bad ...may be hard to tell?????
Stuball

hibiscus
01-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Would hate to be the guy who has to justify to the public how the track was safe enough to risk the $1,000,000 animals in the Classic but then not safe enough for the 4-year-old allowance runners in the next race.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mag
01-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Looking at the webcam, what is the inside dirt track for? The tractor is grooming right now?

Training track. Doesn't look wide enough to race on.

The sun is out, I think they will race today. Hopefully all will finish with their legs intact.

Wickel
01-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Weather Channel is forecasting another 5 inches of rain for the LA-Santa Barbara area. Doesn't bode well for Sunshine Classic. For you LA players: Has the rain begun falling yet?

DJofSD
01-26-2008, 11:02 AM
From a source I trust; Magna officials went against manufacturers recommendations and these are the results.

Let the sackings…begin.

I agree 100%. Some one needs to lose their job. The loss of revenue coupled with the stained reputation alone would be enough for me. But when you consider the additional expense to fix the problem and the flawed decision making this disaster reveals, it's time to clean house.

DJofSD
01-26-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't know if it was even considered but we've had some fairly nice weather here in San Diego. Yes, some rain on Wednesday but none since. Matter of fact, I went out of the building for lunch yesterday and was very surprised to see a beautiful day -- bright blue sky and not a single cloud to be seen!

Did any one have any contigency plans in place especially after the cancellations earlier in the month? How much would it have cost to get DMR prepared? How much would it cost to ship the runners down here for a day or two of racing? And don't say it can't be done. That was exactly how the 1984 Olympics were conducted for the 3 day event, cross country phase over what is now a polo field and golf course. A day of dressage at Santa Anita, a day to ship to San Diego with the next day cross country then shipped back to Santa Anita for the stadium jumping.

Feeble minds likely never considered options like using DMR -- no thinking outside the box. Like DanG said -- sack 'em!

GaryG
01-26-2008, 11:18 AM
They stopped talking about Hollywood Park in the last few days. Get the feeling that they may have burned that bridge too soon.

hibiscus
01-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Rather than run any races at Dmr or Hol where the facilities were not properly prapared for last minute racing I think the best business decision would have been to decide to run all Millions races at GP where they're already geared up for the event in the first place. Magna's cost to ship all the horses to Florida would pale in comparison to what they're spending now to hold the track together with yarn and duct tape.

FlyinLate
01-26-2008, 11:40 AM
Personally, if I was running this, would have set up Hollywood.

They saw this rain coming wed and KNEW they were going to miss atleast thursday and friday's cards. Why not Wed. afternoon start getting Hollywood prepared? Sure, SA may lose a little revenue (assuming the races do run today) but I think that's better than permanently tarnishing your reputation when a million dollar horse's leg snaps. I normally play strictly CA racing, since this bullshit started I have played only 1 card at SA and have been looking elsewhere. Not worth the time to cap a card only to have a 50% chance of it even running.

usafsso
01-26-2008, 11:42 AM
Looks good for today, they have the tractors on the main track right now. Looks nice and sunny too.

hibiscus
01-26-2008, 11:46 AM
The new tote system at Hol is currently a work-in-progress and, although this may seem shocking to the Magna folks, the Hol folks didn't want to risk the card with a tote system that wasn't thoroughly tested. Hmmm....testing?....now there's a thought.

Also, the Hol turf course is being worked on and is not in race condition. Hmmm...don't run races on a surface that's not capable of supporting a race?...what an idea!

These Hollywood Park folks might be on to something here.

David-LV
01-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Looks good for today, they have the tractors on the main track right now. Looks nice and sunny too.

According to Jay Privman on the radio this morning you may hear the starter say "Gentlemen Start Your Engines" for todays races on asphalt covered with a small amount of synthetic at Santa Anita.

Let us all pray that everybody comes back safe & sound today at SA.

_________
David

DJofSD
01-26-2008, 12:45 PM

I think that any one that bets on the SAX card today is an invertebrate gambler.

GaryG
01-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I think that any one that bets on the SAX card today is an invertebrate gambler.That is a good one....I will have to use it sometime...:lol:

ddog
01-26-2008, 02:37 PM
I think that any one that bets on the SAX card today is an invertebrate gambler.

I got about as much interest in cleaning rhe basement as betting that card.

DJofSD
01-26-2008, 03:15 PM
I got about as much interest in cleaning rhe basement as betting that card.

Got the right!

Actually, I'm doing a variation on the theme: showing my son how to earn some extra money cleaning the interior of the truck.

Pace Cap'n
01-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Inveterate. :)

Tom
01-26-2008, 11:20 PM
All in all, a great day of good racing from the two colorfull tracks.
And on a good TV channel as well!

Murph
01-27-2008, 05:34 AM
The same manufacture has a track within 30+ minutes and yet they can train and / or race.

Let the sackings…begin. :ThmbDown:

Please name your source, DanG. You are the only one in print that I have
seen make this statement. It directly contradicts SA management comments
made during the broadcast yesterday.

I don't know who to believe.

Murph

JustRalph
01-27-2008, 06:30 AM
with the prices I saw............ I am glad I was on the road and missed it

DanG
01-27-2008, 06:55 AM

Murph
I hate to sound like Robert Novak here, but I will not. The person who told me does not participate on-line and keeps a very low profile and I will respect that.

I heard the same statement as you did during the broadcast and you have to understand management’s position here. Litigation will no doubt be part of this process at some point and why would they exonerate the manufacturer?

As with anything in life…we all choose to filter facts and rumors independently and I respect the fact that there is conflicting information.

BTW: Here’s hoping a subpoena isn’t in the mail from Patrick Fitzgerald! :D

DrugS
01-27-2008, 07:31 AM
I hate to sound like Robert Novak here,

I'm thankful for not seeing his or Paul Bagala's mug on TV for over a year or so.

Hopefully this trend continues through the election seasons.

kenwoodallpromos
01-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Murph
SA blamed it on Cushion Track- Cushion Track did not discuss who was at fault, but Cushion Track would not do a free replacement with the right size sand. The news as it was being installed mentioned it was similar to Hollywood's, slightly different for hotter weather.
Steve Woods might know for sure the real story but he quit as SA's track super just when they began working on changeover, claiming he was already handling enough tracks.

kenwoodallpromos
01-27-2008, 11:30 AM
The Brisnet charts do not show any DNF's for SA Saturday.

Murph
01-27-2008, 11:35 AM
SA blamed it on Cushion Track- Cushion Track did not discuss who was at fault, but Cushion Track would not do a free replacement with the right size sand. The news as it was being installed mentioned it was similar to Hollywood's, slightly different for hotter weather.
Steve Woods might know for sure the real story but he quit as SA's track super just when they began working on changeover, claiming he was already handling enough tracks.Thanks, Ken and Dan.

I just can't shake the feeling we are not getting the whole story about the
overall situation. The longer this goes on the less we will be able to learn
about the spring and summer classics. The races already run there are
kind of useless for deciding who may have been the fastest runner comming
out of them.

It is frustrating to realize that we may have to deal with this mess
for the rest of the season, into the BC, if not longer.

Murph