PDA

View Full Version : Thompson pulls out

Gittup
01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Good bye Freddie!

...and another one bites the dust...and another one down, and another one down....

46zilzal
01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Folks are tired of that FAR end type of "conservatism" and they told him so by voting elsewhere.

46zilzal
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Ahhm jest happy that thayat heahs gawn, sos he din't haf a chance to ejaculate awl ovah the ****ry. What a NUT!!!
Wouldn't go quite that far, but they have written him OUT of Law and Order's script, so he will be looking for work.

Gittup
01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Wouldn't go quite that far, but they have written him OUT of Law and Order's script, so he will be looking for work.
Let me know where he's at. I'll tip him to a bridge nearby that he can sleep under. Don't know if "trophy wife" will like it, but I'm sure she'll find a warm place somewhere.

Grits
01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
You and your filthy language, your innuendo--You can't spell, you can't write coherent posts--you are pathetic because all you are capable of, is passing on filth and ignorance.

I'd rather anyone brand me "a nut" seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for my political agenda, or whatever--than be viewed as "the nothing" that you show yourself to be here, day after day.

You're a poor excuse for a man. I feel sorry for your family.

Gittup
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
You and your filthy language, your innuendo--You can't spell, you can't write coherent posts--you are pathetic because all you are capable of, is passing on filth and ignorance.

I'd rather anyone brand me "a nut" seven days a week, twenty four hours a day for my political agenda, or whatever--than be viewed as "the nothing" that you show yourself to be here, day after day.

You're a poor excuse for a man. I feel sorry for your family.
Thanks! I take that as a compliment from you.
So...who do you support in the upcoming election now that Freddie is gone?

JustRalph
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
no class.............Gittup

GaryG
01-22-2008, 06:38 PM
This freak is headed for the PA witness protection program....again.

bigmack
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
I heard on PBS today, & I quote, "there's been strong speculation that the only reason Fred Thompson ran was to take votes away from Huckabee for his good friend John McCain" :D

Overlay
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
NOW who do I vote for? :rolleyes:

Tom
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
He was the closest thing to a real conservative they had.
By far the best candidate, imho....he and Duncan Hunter were all the party had to speak of. Huckabee and McCain are democrats. or at least republicrats. Julianni and Romney area half-assed, but at least not dems.
Another election of betting against rather than for someone.

46zilzal
01-22-2008, 08:57 PM
He was the closest thing to a real conservative they had.
By far the best candidate, imho....he and Duncan Hunter were all the party had to speak of. Huckabee and McCain are democrats. or at least republicrats. Julianni and Romney area half-assed, but at least not dems.
Another election of betting against rather than for someone.
I'll have my julienne fries now or are they Julainni???

Fellow's name is on the news daily, did you miss it the first 240 times it was listed?

ddog
01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
cut the guy a little slack, i hear his mom is very ill and he is going back to be with her.

That said, The conservative or not, he never looked like he wanted to be in the race at all.

You do have to want it , even if it makes you look like an egomaniac.

Tom
01-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I'll have my julienne fries now or are they Julainni???

Fellow's name is on the news daily, did you miss it the first 240 times it was listed?

Aren't you the cute one. Bet your are proud of yourself, huh?
Did that fill the void in your miserable life? Such a little man you are.

Snag
01-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Come convention time, without a clear winner in the prim voting, I would like to see a Draft Newt vote.

46zilzal
01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Come convention time, without a clear winner in the prim voting, I would like to see a Draft Newt vote.
That scumbag who guarantee a loss.

Tom
01-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Scumbag for any particular reason, or just you don't like him 'cause he's a republican?

rastajenk
01-23-2008, 12:01 PM
I don't think Newt's a scumbag, but I agree he would guarantee a Republican loss. He's better suited for being the behind-the-scenes kingmaker than the out-front guy soliciting vote; tainted, and polarizing.

The lack of Republican go-to types is dismaying. You'd think after all these years they would have been grooming a polished successor.

I read recently where this is the first time since 1952 that a sitting Prez or Vice-Prez hasn't been on the ticket, and longer than that since neither is actively seeking the nomination, or something like that. So all the models and formulas that the chattering class typically use to tell us who to like are pretty much useless.

Is the world ready for Jeb Bush? :faint:

GaryG
01-23-2008, 12:11 PM
I think Alexander Haig is still alive....Just make sure he gets his afternoon nap. This is the worst choice for pres that I have ever seen. We need a hard ass that will do what is right, and not act like he is half democrat. Newt might fill the bill but he would never be elected.

Marshall Bennett
01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't think Newt's a scumbag, but I agree he would guarantee a Republican loss. He's better suited for being the behind-the-scenes kingmaker than the out-front guy soliciting vote; tainted, and polarizing.

The lack of Republican go-to types is dismaying. You'd think after all these years they would have been grooming a polished successor.

I read recently where this is the first time since 1952 that a sitting Prez or Vice-Prez hasn't been on the ticket, and longer than that since neither is actively seeking the nomination, or something like that. So all the models and formulas that the chattering class typically use to tell us who to like are pretty much useless.

Is the world ready for Jeb Bush? :faint:
Bush is a two term president , he's done . Cheney has a heart condition . Not much wonder as to why they're not on a ticket , nominees , or whatever .
Republicans by the way are sitting pretty well . What with Hillary and Obama beating each other to death , won't be a surprise to see supporters of who ever goes down jumping party lines in November !!

ddog
01-23-2008, 01:35 PM
I think Alexander Haig is still alive....Just make sure he gets his afternoon nap. This is the worst choice for pres that I have ever seen. We need a hard ass that will do what is right, and not act like he is half democrat. Newt might fill the bill but he would never be elected.

I really think he would be much different if Pres than when he was in Congress.
No matter what, you don't get to display the hard-ass all the time there if you want to pass anything.
The majorities can't be elected anymore it seems, plus the Senate is where a lot of the stuff really gets watered down.

I thought back mid last year that he would be the best guy.
At least he has some ideas that are different and can think for himself it seems.
That's about all I am looking for anymore.
Most all the ones running have not had an original thought since they were in high school chasing skirt.

I don't know about the elected part.
Romney????-really?- I just can't see it. He reminds me of a leaf in a wind storm - pander bear DELUXE Model.

Mccain- i think the more he is exposed the worse he looks, not to be cruel but he seems close to senile on some things, yeah I know his Mom is 92 and she looks great, but really think if you look close at him , other than the war he is much more "soft" on the domestic side than Newt would be.

Probably the Repub winner will be the real loser.

I would PAY to see Newt V HRC , now THAT would be a campaign like the old days.

Long time until the elections, but unless a couple of nukes go off somewhere it looks like a blow out for anyone but the Repubs.

Maybe Cheney will set off a couple in Sept somewhere.

My bags are packed, mate.

Anyway, that's my 1/2 cent worth.

JustRalph
01-23-2008, 02:45 PM
why in the hell would anybody with any Brains want to be president? Think about it............. if you are a sucessful CEO or some like position, why would you jump in? That is the problem................

PaceAdvantage
01-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Long time until the elections, but unless a couple of nukes go off somewhere it looks like a blow out for anyone but the Repubs.

Maybe Cheney will set off a couple in Sept somewhere.

My bags are packed, mate.

Anyway, that's my 1/2 cent worth.Maybe it's time to shut down off-topic. This shit is getting way out of hand.

ddog
01-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Maybe it's time to shut down off-topic. This shit is getting way out of hand.

Pa, that was tongue in cheek for tin-foil crowd , it really was, i knew after I posted it that it may come off the other way but it was too late to edit.

You must be having a tough time in the market to have taken it any other way. :)

I am sorry and apologize unreservedly as they say.
My black humor is not appreciated , I know that.

To all you tin-foil types , there are no plans I am aware of to do this, but....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ddog
01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
why in the hell would anybody with any Brains want to be president? Think about it............. if you are a sucessful CEO or some like position, why would you jump in? That is the problem................

I think Newt wants it , he is just like Fred was, he wants to be appointed , not have to run for it.
I think that's the killer part and not many can take that end of the deal.

However, I don't know what can be done about it.

ddog
01-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Maybe it's time to shut down off-topic. This shit is getting way out of hand.

Now that I think about it some in light of your post here, I don't see the problem even from what seems to be your take on it.

There are many on here who have advocated use of tactical nukes and would today I think(and you know who you are).

Who would "set them off" in Iraq or Iran other than the US gvt and if that's the case then wouldn't Cheney be involved in that?

Wasn't Clinton accused of the wag the dog theory before?
I am not even making that assumption in this specific question, I am positing a valid reason in a WAR.

I am getting more unclear as to your intent all the time here.
Trying not to read between the lines too much.

As HRC would say , now my feelings are really hurt.

:( :(

JustRalph
01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Good bye Freddie!

...and another one bites the dust...and another one down, and another one down....

Goodbye Gittup! ...and another one bites the dust...and another one down, and another one down.................. :lol: :lol:

Tom
01-24-2008, 07:46 PM
:lol:

Our Gittup and go got up and went.

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2008, 03:30 AM
You must be having a tough time in the market to have taken it any other way. :)Yeah, that's it....:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
01-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Now that I think about it some in light of your post here, I don't see the problem even from what seems to be your take on it.

There are many on here who have advocated use of tactical nukes and would today I think(and you know who you are).

Who would "set them off" in Iraq or Iran other than the US gvt and if that's the case then wouldn't Cheney be involved in that?

Wasn't Clinton accused of the wag the dog theory before?
I am not even making that assumption in this specific question, I am positing a valid reason in a WAR.

I am getting more unclear as to your intent all the time here.
Trying not to read between the lines too much.

As HRC would say , now my feelings are really hurt.

:( :(It's probably the late (early) hour, but I really have no clue what the hell you are talking about.

Fwizard
01-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Does anyone think that Thompson never really wanted to run for Pres and that the plan all along is for him to get the VP gig. It seems if Rudy or Mitt gets the nod that they need a Southern Conservative to balance the ticket?...Just a thought..

Tom
01-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Good thought. :ThmbUp:

rastajenk
01-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah, but I don't think that's the case. The way I see it, he wouldn't mind running for President, he just didn't want to run for the nomination, as if it would just come to him by virtue of being better than the rest. One-on-one against a Dem in a tight timeframe, then he would be in his element. Bailing now, while maybe being smart (as in, being realistic), probably damages his VP cred. I dunno, maybe not.

Speaking of Newt, here's his reply on being asked about a VP slot: (http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/g/8813c3b9-b2b1-40ec-9966-59e447ff64b9)

"Well, Ronald Reagan once said that he was hoping that Gerald Ford would not ask him in 1976, because a citizen would have a very hard time turning it down as part of their duty. And I always thought that was a wise admonition. And so I can’t quite imagine a nominee foolish enough to offer it, but I would have to consider it seriously if somebody did. "

JustRalph
01-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Fred could have saved a ton of money and his own personal time by sitting back and waiting to be asked to VP. You don't have to run to be considered for VP.

I think Fred ran 8 years too late. Bush went to Washington on conservative credentials and then promptly threw them out the window and into the rose garden where they were swept away. That ruined it for Thompson and any other candidate on the right. The appeal went away.

Now the party is looking for someone they can play in the middle.

Greyfox
01-25-2008, 03:22 PM
He might have been a good choice, except it didn't ever look like his heart or energy was ever in it. So why did he bother anyways? VP??

JustRalph
01-25-2008, 04:25 PM
He might have been a good choice, except it didn't ever look like his heart or energy was ever in it. So why did he bother anyways? VP??

bad advice from those who told him that he was the only real conservative. He was. But the appetite was no longer there.