PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Odds-Line 01-22

john messina
01-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi all,

Philadelphia and Beulah will be uploaded as soon as the scratches are finalized.

http://optimusracingnetwork.netfirms.com

If there's sufficient interest I'll post Mountaineer later this evening.

Good luck,

njcurveball
01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Congrats! Now you are onto 1-5 shots that run out of the money! :ThmbUp:

Philadelphia 01-22 Race #1 (6.0f Dirt Mdn Claimer)

PN W PN W-P PN W-P-S PN W PN P PN S
-- - -- --- -- ----- -- - -- - -- -
7 0.2 7 0.0 7 0.0 7 0.2 5 2.1 8 1.5

I guess your finger just didn't plug the right hole on this one! :lol:

john messina
01-22-2008, 12:39 PM

A $694.00 Trifecta payoff, by beating the 1/5 longshot... just put over 3 grand in my pocket. Stop making a fool of yoursef.

bigchump
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
John, just curious on how you did your tri ticket.
You hit it more than once?

bigchump

john messina
01-22-2008, 01:12 PM
John, just curious on how you did your tri ticket.
You hit it more than once?

bigchump

I don't disclose my betting constructs. However, I've made it very clear that the Dark Horses should use in tri key boxes and key boxed exactas as well as wps... whatever suits you. Imagine being faulted for predicting the public would make the 7 horse .20 to the dollar (actual odds .30 to the dollar), and I explicitly give 2 16-1 shots to construct your bets around, and I'm critisized for doing so.

I'll laugh all the way to the bank

Regards,

njcurveball
01-22-2008, 01:43 PM
and I explicitly give 2 16-1 shots to construct your bets around, and I'm critisized for doing so.

I guess we have to forgive you that your IBM 360 doesn't have a spell checker.

IF you left the 1-5 off your tickets than perhaps you are a genius. I guess posting YOUR line always makes it a win/win for you in your mind.

I don't deal with Professors (or fake ones) much these days, so I guess no matter what the result you will claim you won the race.

Dark horse wins, John has it, dark horse 2nd, John has a "box" exacta, Dark horse 3rd, John has a "box" trifecta, Dark horse 4th, oh no problem, John has the Superfecta.

Grow a set and post your bets here BEFORE the races go off. I could easily post an odds line and make the same claims. In fact, I could also post the morning line and make the same claims.

Your odds are inaccurate and the point of making an odds line is to IDENTIFY false favorites. NOT make them 1-5 and then claim to the world you did not use them on your tickets.

I feel bad for anyone trying to figure out what you are doing, since all you are doing is waiting for the results and then claiming you won. :ThmbDown:

Your "advice" is useless!

I don't disclose my betting constructs. However, I've made it very clear that the Dark Horses should use in tri key boxes and key boxed exactas as well as wps... ,

Jim
aka,
the Bullshit Detective

TexasDolly
01-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Great to have your posts looks there will another day where we will make money.
Yesterday worked out well for me as well with Aqu. and Bue.
Thanks again.
TD

njcurveball
01-22-2008, 01:54 PM
just put over 3 grand in my pocket..

If you are smart enough to throw out 1-5 shots, you should be making a lot than 3 grand on those races!

Simply boxing the next 4 choices and putting the 2nd choice over the next 3 gets you the trifecta at least twice.

The "trick" was taking a stand against the 1-5 shot, something your line DID NOT DO and your posts DID NOT SAY!

But hey, we are all heroes after the race is over!:sleeping:

njcurveball
01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Great to have your posts

YES! Quite a CLASSY "Professor"! :lol:

You are so niave. Here's a test for you. Consider one finger...now how many different ways can you insert that finger into a body cavity. I suggest you solve the problem by experimentation.

john messina
01-22-2008, 02:11 PM
If you are smart enough to throw out 1-5 shots, you should be making a lot than 3 grand on those races!

Simply boxing the next 4 choices and putting the 2nd choice over the next 3 gets you the trifecta at least twice.

The "trick" was taking a stand against the 1-5 shot, something your line DID NOT DO and your posts DID NOT SAY!

But hey, we are all heroes after the race is over!:sleeping:

This is my last response to you. If you read my original post, I made it very clear that the Dark Horses are to be utilized in keys, wheels, etc. at any odds. I suspect a tinge of jealously. My advice to you is.... DON'T READ MY POST, if they upset you.

I wish you luck in your wagering.

Regards,

njcurveball
01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I suspect a tinge of jealously.

You do make a good comedian! :lol:

Perhaps if you stopped with all the BS about the Professor stuff and posted a winning ticket, you might get some real cred.

Making 4-1 winners 99-1 in your odds line doesn't show anything to me. :ThmbDown:

I have to admit there are a few people I am jealous of

Tom Brady, Derek Jeter, Tony Parker, a few others.

I did check that list for you and guys that come up with one finger systems just aren't on it!

Sorry to burst your bubble! :lol:

GaryG
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Claiming big wins after the fact when no opinion was offered is cheesy. There are certain well respected posters here who could get away with it, but not someone with no credentials. If Tom said he had a big win I would believe him. This business about a non-euclidean odds line (or is that geometry?) was a joke.

john messina
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Claiming big wins after the fact when no opinion was offered is cheesy. There are certain well respected posters here who could get away with it, but not someone with no credentials. If Tom said he had a big win I would believe him. This business about a non-euclidean odds line (or is that geometry?) was a joke.

Yep, a real joke. Don't look at it. Save yourself some time.

bigchump
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
John, I think you're being critisized because you had that 1/5 shot on top.
I'd venture to say most pros who play Philly knew it was a sucker bet, and the short price on the winner is proof enough of that.

I never play trifectas. I was just curious whether you used the favorite or not.

good luck
bigchump

njcurveball
01-22-2008, 03:18 PM
NOW this was a VERY GOOD ODDS LINE and YOU SHOULD have made $3,000 with it! Of course if you tossed the favorite here, you would not have had the $581 trifecta boxing the other horses.!

Philadelphia 01-22 Race #7 (8.0f Dirt Claiming)

9 0.4 9 0.0 9 0.0 9 0.4 6 1.1 6 2.8

6 7.6 6 0.7 6 0.2 6 7.6 9 3.5 3 5.5

2 16.1 2 6.5 2 3.0 2 16.1 2 12.3 8 7.2

5 16.6 5 8.4 8 4.1 5 16.6 8 15.7 2 7.7

TexasDolly
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Another winner at Bue at 11.80
Thanks again John

spicytomato
01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

Philadelphia and Beulah will be uploaded as soon as the scratches are finalized.

http://optimusracingnetwork.netfirms.com (http://optimusracingnetwork.netfirms.com/)

If there's sufficient interest I'll post Mountaineer later this evening.

Good luck,

i would like to see some late track if you are able to get them there

jma
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM

Buddy, it's not worth your time. The clowns come and the clowns go...he'll be gone soon enough.