PDA

View Full Version : Daily Racing Form Horse Watch

so.cal.fan
01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
:) Is the DRF's horse watch worth using?

Thanks in advance!

zerosky
01-21-2008, 12:01 PM
I've used both the equibase virtual stable and the drf...

There's not much between them, preference goes to equibase
it seems to have a smoother interface with the result charts.
zerosky

sammy the sage
01-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Guess that would be PRETTY MUCH DETERMINED by the quality of THE PERSON inputting the horse... :rolleyes:

at least that's what my pea-sized brain tells me :bang:

so.cal.fan
01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Sammy The Sage.....
You're right about that!
That isn't what I meant. I should have been clearer.
I want to know if they follow through and send you an alert?
In a timely manner, of course?

DanG
01-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Admittedly; a cynical horseplayer response…

I wonder if anyone has ever queried the various HTW lists around the country to get a nice catalogue of live horses?

As one of those nuts who watches and takes notes (though far less this year in an experiment) my intuition says the semi-clever trips, playbacks etc just aren’t paying what they did for our fathers.

Of course as with any subject in a vacuum; many reasons can be at work simultaneously, but what stops a good programmer from tracking various list to see who has a sharp eye and those who just enjoy getting their e-mail flooded with animals Eibar Coa has saw off?

Without trying to stroke my new best friend Andy Serling I feel it’s a very safe bet his HTW watch would provide a far greater edge than say…Hank Goldberg’s…with all due respect to HG.

BTW: Yes; the DRF service works very well and as was said. Garbage in = garbage out and naturally vice a versa.

cnollfan
01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
I like Equibase's better. DRF's, the last time I looked, was cumbersome if you had a large list and wanted to get to the end of the alphabet. Also, I had issues several years ago with DRF not alerting me to horses on my list, and management was completely unresponsive to my repeated queries/complaints. DRF might be improved now but I wouldn't know since Equibase has been fine and I've had no reason to go back.

BombsAway Bob
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM

Thanks in advance!
I've used both DRF & TVG horseWatch lists.
DRF is MUCH better; you can write notes, etc.
Never had a "WatchHorse" run & not get a notice!
TVG's is superEasy to ADD a horse, but NO NOTES on why you added them.
PLUS TVG has sent me notice a half hour after they ran.
I only add horses that figure to be a price next out;can't see adding a 2/1 shot!

cnollfan
01-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Equibase also allows notes.

TonyK@HSH
01-21-2008, 10:30 PM
I use DRF watch for horses, trainers and carryovers. Notices are received within hours of entries. I'm very satisfied.

Good luck

TonyK

ManeMediaMogul
01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Dan G.-

I have noticed that HTW from Keeneland often pay very well. Since it is a short meeting, they appear back at other tracks and sometimes are totally ignored by the local betors. Even the ones that run at Churchill can pay overlaid prices.