PDA

View Full Version : SAX 01/20/2008 Races 1-4

SRK
01-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Race 1

A small and not particularly accomplished group kick off today’s card. LADY IN LOVE (2) returns from the bench for the potent Gomez-Hollendorfer team, and if Garrett keeps her close today, she should be the one. She has 4 lifetimes wins, including wins at this distance, on the AW, and at SAX. The pace, however, should be modest and that might set things up for ALL SET (3). Frankel knows a thing or two about the turf, and looking at this one’s turf debut debacle, apparently decided she is better suited to the AW surface. All Set broke her maiden sprinting here, and also set a respectable pace in her last, leading by a clear 3 lengths after 6F. She is a wire-to-wire threat. Morning line fave Debie Ginsburg (4) best race was at this distance, last June, at Hollywood. Baze is back in the saddle, but she’ll have to duplicate her top effort off a two month layoff to take down top honors. Looks vulnerable.

Race 2

POINTED HOME (3) drops to his lowest level yet. He also adds blinks and gets a new jock. A lot of changes, which are in order after three ho-hum efforts. Don’t take too short a price. Do you think ROMANCE IS ZENON (7) has a chip on his shoulder? After only one start, Mitchell puts the 3-y-o gelding up for sale. A move that he wins with 37% of the time. If he steps forward he should hit the board. SILVER DUST (1) is on the improve, gets the rail and also a positive jock switch to Talamo.

Race 3

Several faint hearted N2L types look to contest the lead, which sets things up nicely for those able to stay close and then pounce turning for home. Morning line fave AUSTIE (5) fits that description, but so do several others with similar credentials. We’ll try to beat him, while keeping him on our exotic tickets. HOME OF THE BOLD (4) ran a lifetime best in his last, and if he is able to avoid the “bounce,” will be tough. STORMIN JACK (7) is another horse on the improve, and certainly fits with these. LADAY TALE (1) will press the issue from the inside post, but has already failed three times at this level and another minor award appears likely.

Race 4

A multitude of unknowns tempt me to sit on my hands and just watch this Maiden race. Especially since I can’t see past the four shortest morning line prices. Cajun Gent (4) looks like a well meant first timer that sports a long and impressive worktable. FOREST ECHOES (6) apparently had a problem after his November 2nd race. He was out of action for almost a month after that, but recent works hint he’s feeling better. The morning line favorite is a risky proposition. HIGH STAKES SILVER (8) is another firster with some good works, but he’ll have to circle ‘em all from the outside post to win this. Finally, NO LEIN HERE (3) should improve second time out, but even that might not be good enough. This might be a chance for me to catch some football, (where I am backing the faves and laying 7 and 13.5 points).

SRK
01-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Playing against the 1, there looks to be value on keying the
4 in exactas top and bottom with 5,7. $2 on top and $1 on bottom.

SRK
01-20-2008, 04:26 PM
3 will have to improve a ton to win this, much less be worth even money.
Too many unknowns in this race to take that short a price.