PDA

View Full Version : AQU players only

CamptownRaces.com
01-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Hi folks...

I write a weekly article called Trackin' It that is featured on a couple of different sites...

This coming weekend I am Featuring Aqueduct as the Track of the week.

I am looking for AQU players that have a funny or interesting story that they'd like to share about their days of playing at AQU.

There is NO PAY for this... The one that fits best will be in my article under a header called "The Fans View"

Any stories you'd like to share, I'd sure like to read...

email them to me at
chcontest@aol.com

Thanks,

Charles

Jaguar
01-27-2003, 04:39 PM
I was at Aqueduct April 15, 1988, sunny but chilly. I'm on the second level of the grandstand, standing near the escalater, busily punching in the Place and Show pools into my hand-held HP calculater, hardwired with DR. Z.'s program for finding overlays.

I hear some yelling and commotion, I turn toward the escalater, and here comes a young man in his early 20's, in a wheelchair, being frantically pushed by another young man in his 20's.

They had come down from a higher level and rushed down the escalater toward the ground floor. Shortly thereafter, a security guard appeared, looking for them.

As the under-dogs in this contest, I silently cheered them on- which is- after all- in the American tradition.

I turned to an old-time Aqueduct regular and asked, "Where do they think they're going?"

He replied: "That's The Wheelchair Bandit, didn't you recognize him?"