PDA

View Full Version : SAX 01/19/2008 Races 1-4

SRK
01-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Race 1

AVA G (10) is the morning line favorite, but I’m going to look elsewhere, and suggest you do the same, in this 14 horse maiden claiming field. Several will contest the lead, and the most appealing of these is FIVE GOLD BARS (5). She finished just behind AVA in her debut, and any improvement second time out will make her dangerous. The jock and trainer are a concern. (Iggy – I do enjoy watching you on TV, though). SANMELI (12)was a decent 4th in her comebacker, and has every chance to improve. SILVER CHAI (14) closed gamely in her last, and merits at least a mention in your exotic tickets. Finally, both SOARING LAUREN (8) and KILMARTIN HALL (11) are yet two more comebackers who could pop up and hit the board. A wide open opener!!!

Race 2

CURRENCY TRADER (11) and m/l fave MY MASTER (13) look to contest the early lead, and I’m thinking neither one will still be there about a minute and 10 seconds after the gate is opened. KAIANAGANDAIA (5) exits a fast heat and drops one level. MANHATTAN EXPRESS (8) is a Carava reclaim, will be closing fast and finished just behind Kaianagandaia in his last start. HEMET (9) is third off the layoff for an under-rated trainer. DIRECT CONNECT (4) also could close for a piece, but the drop in class appears to be a negative one. Thirteen are scheduled to go in this lowly claimer, none of which really jump off the page.

Race 3

No real speed balls are entered for this downhill turf sprint, so I’m looking for someone who likes to stay close and then fire as they cross over the main track and head for home. SURF TOWN (6) is not a mortal lock, but appears to deserve to be the mild favorite. Another who will take some money, is LEAD STEALER (1), who has the right name, but the wrong post, which is a real drawback. BESTDRESSED (7) will be tough if he takes to the turf. This is his first try in his 15th start, and he may find the 6.5F course at SAX to be particularly challenging. The BRETTSTER (9) and TOP EMBLEM (2) are both comebackers who could make things interesting if they fire.

Race 4

Fourteen go postward in a MC $32,000 sprint to close out a very challenging early pick 4. Don’t expect to see any of these 3-y-o’s Running for the Roses in May. SING ME A PSALM (13) drew an unlucky outside post and will have to be much the best to merit being the morning line favorite. I’m going to try to beat the favorite (isn’t that the name of the game?) once again. MAEKEN NOISE (1) has no choice but to try to take them all the way from the rail post, and might do just that. UNBROKEN VOW (2) has been away since Oak Tree. A repeat of either of his first two races puts him right there. OUTLAW JAMES (8) is also going to be flashing speed early, and I expect him to be prominent throughout today.