PDA

View Full Version : YouBet is Missing...........

Snag
01-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Fair Grounds
Gulf Stream
Oaklawn

Is there any place I can get these three plus the regular YouBet offering with video?

Javagold
01-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Through little fault of its own, Youbet basically now sucks, but its is racing in general that is the reason for this mess, its an utter disgrace

shanta
01-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Fair Grounds
Gulf Stream
Oaklawn

Is there any place I can get these three plus the regular YouBet offering with video?

Twinspires has the 3 tracks you list Snag

Snag
01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Dual monitor here I come................

Snag
01-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Only one problem now. They don't like us bettors from Texas. Go figure.

BillW
01-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Only one problem now. They don't like us bettors from Texas. Go figure.

Snag - look at BetPad (http://www.betpad.com/). This is what's left over from when CDN bought AmericaTAB. I guess they kept it alive to serve us rejects since Tracknet is not licensed in this state.

schweitz
01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
BetPad will only take wagers from the following states:

Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, and Texas.

BillW
01-20-2008, 01:13 AM
BetPad will only take wagers from the following states:

Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, and Texas.

It seems they were allowed to stay around to cover what CDN couldn't because of regulatory conflict when they bought AmericaTAB. BetPad, from what I can figure is still run out of Beulah park.

schweitz
01-20-2008, 06:55 AM
It seems they were allowed to stay around to cover what CDN couldn't because of regulatory conflict when they bought AmericaTAB. BetPad, from what I can figure is still run out of Beulah park.

Thats what it looks like to me also.

ryesteve
01-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Fair Grounds
Gulf Stream
Oaklawn
You left out Laurel...

But thank goodness they still have Flamboro Downs... :rolleyes:

NoCal Boy
01-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Despite missing some of the winter tracks, it appears Youbet is still humming along for the most part above TVG, Twinspires, and XpressBet. Roger Stein is now saying on his radio show that he is buying shares of Youbet in anticipation of a takeover (on Saturday's show).

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/youbet.com

Southieboy
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
What takeover?

trigger
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
What takeover?

Nobody with any sense is going to acquire Youbet until the IRG fiasco is fully resolved.

NoCal Boy
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
One never knows, but I do disagree that IRG needs to be fully settled. Every acquisition deal has some sort of materiality provision to allow the acquiror out of the deal, plus potential indemnification provisins and holdbacks if necessary. Any deal would likely take the better part of 3 months to close so there is plenty of time to announce a deal and close it after the IRG matter is settled. The IRG matter has nothing to do with Youbet's technology and platform, database of 276000 customers (active and inactive) and its United Tote business. These are all valuable assets to certain potential acquirors regardless of IRG. Waiting for IRG to be settled could very well add millions to the price as a likely settlement scenario is IRG gets slapped on the wrists at the corporate level. But all this is pure conjecture. All I am saying is Roger Stein said yesterday that he is buying shares of Youbet and he expects a takeover of it at some point due to its assets.

Kerleecue
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
NoCal Boy, your posts are often times insightful... BUT, quoting Roger Stein, other than to mock him, borders on the absurd.

jillybeans
01-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Roger Stein? I would pay more attention to where Roger says one could get a good hamburger or a plate of spaghetti than stock tips from that oversized has been former harness trainer.:lol:

Ron
01-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Ok, I don't understand why youbet has Santa Anita but not Gulfstream.

I guess I have to sign on to my brisbet account which is now twinspires to wager on the whole Sunshine Millions.