PDA

View Full Version : Cappin chatter 1/19

nobeyerspls
01-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Longball - You are the man! Two for two and one was $5.20 and the other $6.20. And you doubled your bet on the higher priced horse.
Chalky - Thanks. That low-fig filly you picked at Aqueduct hit the board and she beat the even money favorite.
Longball - Thanks for the positive spin, but the bronze medal is not part of my game. Now, as agreed yesterday, instead of you picking favorites and me picking longshots, we are both limiting our selections to horses from 4-1 to 8-1 in the DRf ML. There are solid handicappers on this forum that hammer horses like these so we should give it a try. Let's call it the "third way".
Chalky - I'm ready. Since I won at GP yesterday, I'll do the logical horseplayer thing and switch to NY. I'll take #2 El Medwar in the 3rd and #3 Marina Market in the 5th. The first one had some trouble in his last and the other one aired in a claimer. I'm not happy that Garcia got off to take another one but jocks can make mistakes too.
Longball - Yes they can. I'll try GP with #1 Live by Request in the 2nd and #2 Yesshecandance in the 3rd, the first on a favorable surface change and the second on solid works off a freshening. Can I do picks with them?
Chalky - Yes, but don't post them. They have this new wager they call "Win". You bet a horse and if it comes in first you collect. Radical, huh?
Longball - Cut the sarcasm. I'm not the only guy on here who prefers exotics. Look, I've gotta post a longshot. In GP's 6th #7 It Is the Way could be 50-1. He's a second lifetime start coming off a lousy race (you'll note the zero beyer). Showed some talent in the morning before and the distance is OK.
Chalky - If you're doing that then I'll pick #2 Elysium Fields, the probable favorite in that race. We can't escape our Karma, can we.

Burls
01-19-2008, 01:30 PM
I've gotta say, gentlemen, I love the dry banter.

judd
01-19-2008, 02:28 PM
great call marina market