PDA

View Full Version : NTRA organizing Horseplayers’ Coalition

trigger
01-18-2008, 08:23 PM
"The National Thoroughbred Racing Association hopes a coalition of handicappers will be able to change tax laws regarding pari-mutuel wagering and payouts."
>>>>>>
"On Thursday, the NTRA announced the formation of the National Handicapping Championship Tour, which will give top contest handicappers a chance to compete throughout the year. Members of that tour automatically will be enrolled in the coalition."
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/January/17/NTRA-organizing-Horseplayers-Coalition.aspx
about tour:
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/January/17/Tour-formed-for-top-contest-handicappers.aspx

kenwoodallpromos
01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
It is mentioned on the NTRA website under the Tour info.
I think the only thing so far they have done was sent out a press release.
Besides working with the Horse and Alpine Councils, here is what your Coalition membership means you support:
"As a 501 (c) (6) membership organization and trade association, the NTRA lobbies and raises Political Action Committee funds through Horse PAC to help federal candidates who ****support measures that provide tax relief and business opportunities for performance horse owners, breeders and associations."
Personally I will take a wait-and-see attitiude before they use my name to advance horsemen issues, since NTRA never even answers my email to the Players' Pool. No hint yet what the NTRA wants to change about wagering and payouts, increase decrease or what. I'll wait for details on that also.

Bruddah
01-19-2008, 04:59 AM
It is mentioned on the NTRA website under the Tour info.
I think the only thing so far they have done was sent out a press release.
Besides working with the Horse and Alpine Councils, here is what your Coalition membership means you support:
"As a 501 (c) (6) membership organization and trade association, the NTRA lobbies and raises Political Action Committee funds through Horse PAC to help federal candidates who ****support measures that provide tax relief and business opportunities for performance horse owners, breeders and associations."
Personally I will take a wait-and-see attitiude before they use my name to advance horsemen issues, since NTRA never even answers my email to the Players' Pool. No hint yet what the NTRA wants to change about wagering and payouts, increase decrease or what. I'll wait for details on that also.

They not only want to use your name but your money, as well. They never did anything for the handicapper, in the past. Now they want to be buddy buddy. They can :kiss: this old man's A$$ because I am sitting on my money.

Spectacular Sid
01-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Why not be proactive and start a list of things you want the NTRA to do for players?

But be realistic: if it's federal legislation, they can't do anything about state regulations. Raising the cap on withholding (or eliminating it altogether) would be a start.

rrbauer
01-19-2008, 10:43 AM
They not only want to use your name but your money, as well. They never did anything for the handicapper, in the past. Now they want to be buddy buddy. They can :kiss: this old man's A$$ because I am sitting on my money.

Precisely, with one exception: They already have all of my A$$ that they're going to get.

Why not be proactive and start a list of things you want the NTRA to do for players?

But be realistic: if it's federal legislation, they can't do anything about state regulations. Raising the cap on withholding (or eliminating it altogether) would be a start.

Let them visit www.trackthieves.com and wallow around in takeout and breakage issues. Working to eliminate breakage alone would put $150 Million a year back into the churn...this is something they can influence directly via their member tracks and into the state legislatures where that is necessary.

kenwoodallpromos
01-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I went to the Poker Players' Alliance website and it is $20 per year to join; the single issue is keeping internet gaming for them.
Maybe the HorsePac IS powerful- after all, they did keep internet horserace wagering and they have no idea how much that handle is!!LOL!!