PDA

View Full Version : Super bowl

Tom
01-26-2003, 08:02 PM
Not even at the half yet and the Raiders are totally beaten. They have lost the mental match up and I predict a major blowout in the second half. I saw this same thing in the SF debacle. Raidrs look like dead men sulking.
BTW, I heard that the bet between the mayors of the two cities went like this:
If Oakland wins, Tampa Bay mayor gets a bushel of oranges every week for a year. If Tampa Bay wins, the mayor gets to spend an hpur with any "crack-ho" in Oakland.
Go bucs.

Tom
01-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Oakland is making a game of it. What do I know?
One thing remains the same every year...the officiating stiunks.
Clearly, the 2-point conversion was good, but the IDIOT back judge was more interested in waving his arms, dancing, and getting air time than calling a good game. Sad, all the millions of dollars at stake every year on this game and the NFL continunes to officiate with incompetent morons. Spend a few buck, Comish-baby. Hire some professionals and learn how to use instant replay. It aint that hard - just seems that way to "football minds", clearly not the brightest bulbs on the ole Chrsitmas tree. NFL has a lot of Happy meals missing some fries. The price they pay for all those college scholarships in basket weaving. Really wonder why some need to wear helmets...nothing up there to injure <G>
34-21....sounds like a good P4 for Monday.
Oh, yeah, my SB pool....it is no longer mathematically possible for these two teams to come up with those numbers. D'oh!

Dave Schwartz
01-26-2003, 10:49 PM
I was looking for the thread where someone predicted TB 38-13. Wanted to congratulate him for excellent handicapping. (And, as I recall, Dick Schmidt had a smart alecky comment at his prediction. I'd like to enjoy that again as well. <G>)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
01-27-2003, 12:20 AM
Oops. I found the thread. Seems his prediction was the other way.

Sorry 'bout my mistake.

Dave

Dick Schmidt
01-27-2003, 03:29 AM
I'm waiting for MY apology, Dave. Bucs and 25 looks real good about now. Of course, it wasn't a serious wager, but no pro team is ever 25 points better than another. Especially one with the best defense in the league. Since the Rams weren't involved, I watched the game with regal disinterest in the outcome. It's for the sport, old man, just the sport.

Dick

JustMissed
01-27-2003, 11:21 AM
Life is good.

Go Bucs.

JustMissed, from beautiful Tampa Bay Florida

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tom
01-27-2003, 08:31 PM
Rob Johnson - much aligned in Buffalo, gets that big ring that Kelly, Flutie, Simpson, never got. And he almost got MVP - for staying on the bench all night! Meanwhile, Buffalo gets the area code 044.

MarylandPaul@HSH
01-27-2003, 11:11 PM
I hear there's lots of nasty rioting in Oakland....wait till they hear they lost the Super Bowl!
:eek: