PDA

View Full Version : Cappin' chatter 1/18

nobeyerspls
01-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Chalky - Well we both had winners yesterday so now the guys following this won't see us as complete idiots.
Longball - Right, just partial idiots. My $107 exacta for a buck was a gift from jockey players as they were all over JR's false favorite as predicted. Sorry about your mortal lock being bet down but we both saw that coming.
Chalky - Yeah, and my co-favorite exacta box crashed again so I'm abandoning that strategy. Today I'm resurrecting the $2 if come $4 reverse bet without the reverse. I'm betting $50 to win on #4 Notice Me Know in the 4th at GP and, after he wins, putting $100 on the nose of #8 Jockey Ridge in the 6th. The first one is a huge class drop and the second broke poorly in his first race and is working well for this comeback.
Longball - That dropper scares me. His last race was lousy and it was on his preferred surface. Maybe he didn't like the cold up north like the snowbirds, and it is positive that he has returned to Pointer, but I wouldn't take a short price.
Chalky - You wouldn't take a short price betting the replay of Secretariat's Belmont. So what are your plays?
Longball - I like #7 Celtic Sword in the 5th at GP. She's freshened and should thrive on the GP turf. #9 Osceola County scares me so I'll box them, play the #7 straight, and use both in picks. My other horse is #7 Sabael in the 4th at Aqueduct. She's working well off a rest and gets blinkers. I like the bullet blowout after foundation works.
Chalky - Now your breaking two rules of handicapping in the same race. That filly is a Finger Lakes shipper with two lousy Beyers. In fact her figs are lower than any of the others who raced.
Longball - Figs are a sweet middle-eastern fruit. You know my eyes never even glance at that column. I meant to send Andy a fruit basket at Christmas but forgot. I'm ever so grateful that his numbers confuse my wagering opponents. So, good luck to you.

judd
01-18-2008, 03:47 PM
nice call on jockey ridge