PDA

View Full Version : Where are the horses @Aqueduct Friday?

BombsAway Bob
01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Are Horsemen in NY protesting the nonsense going on with NYRA by not entering horses Friday? :confused:
THREE fields of six,
TWO fields of seven,
THREE fields of eight,
& ONE with a whopping nine thoroughbreds Entered.
BEFORE SCRATCHES.
What is this, Bay Meadows East?
Possible Dime Super Races: Race 5-6-7-9. Race 6 starts Pick-4, so doubt NYRA will offer one there.
POOR CARD OVERALL! :ThmbDown: -Bob www.myspace.com/bobgrant3 (http://www.myspace.com/bobgrant3)

Zaf
01-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Who cares , Plenty of big fields at Oaklawn tomorow :jump:

Z

46zilzal
01-17-2008, 11:34 PM
It's cold there. Common to have smaller fields until the temperature is over 45.

asH
01-17-2008, 11:43 PM
so do larger purses attract trainers, horses or jocks? Larger purses insure nothing except larger takeouts.

All of the top jocks are either in Cali or Fla for the winter.

asH

Norm
01-18-2008, 12:31 AM
AQU is my regular hang-out for winter racing, looks to be just slightly below normal to me. Seven to nine horses per race is usual. There is a powerful post position bias on that inner track so anything beyond post 7 had better be really good. Hmmm... second race has quinella wagering on a six horse field, hmmm...

northerndancer
01-18-2008, 12:40 AM
so do larger purses attract trainers, horses or jocks? Larger purses insure nothing except larger takeouts.

asH

Ash,
Common now if you are going to make a statement check your facts....... AQU is not considered to being a high takeout establishment.

If you had decided to research the takeout at AQU you have found the following:

WPS - 15% (lowest in the nation tied with GP & HAW.... the national average is 17.4%)

Exacta - 17.5% (lowest in the nation tied with HAW...the national average is 20.6%)

Trifecta & Superfecta - 25% (national average 23.7% * 23.8% resepctively)

If you are going to post it is your responsibility to this community not to provide totally misleading information. I have included a link to a website that will provide you all track takeouts so that next time you can make sure what you state is accurate:

http://www.trackthieves.com/Takeout1.html

Jocks have in the past and will in the future take refuge from the winter weather in the Northeast for the sun and surf in Florida and Southern California. This is a migration that took place well before higher purses.

Rook
01-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Ash,
AQU is not considered to being a high takeout establishment.

They are by me. Since they don't provide their signal to rebate shops, they have a higher effective takeout than all of the tracks available at PTC. Hawthorne, Turfway, Delta, etc. are the tracks that truly deserve our praise.

Although NYRA's takeout is obviously better than places like PHA and WO, until they cooperate with all ADWs, they should be regarded as anti-horseplayer.

trying2win
01-18-2008, 02:31 AM
NORTHERN DANCER, ROOK:

You both make very good points:ThmbUp:. I commend the NYRA tracks for setting the trend for USA tracks by employing nickel breakage, instead of the rip-off dime breakage used by most if not all other USA tracks. Canadian tracks use only nickel breakage as well.

Doesn't hurt to do a review of a track takeout chart (like at the link below)
now-and-then, to see where else besides the NYRA tracks, where you can get the benefit of lower takeout rates than average.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/static.cgi?page=trktkout&header=off

Unless a bettor is getting a rebate like at PTC, I wouldn't even consider making wagers in certain bet categories at some tracks, if the takeout rates are amongst the highest 2 or 3 in the USA or Canada. Just my two cents worth.

I haven't checked lately, but one day I might see certain track's takeout rates or concession prices listed at www.ripoffreport.com (http://www.ripoffreport.com/) :D

asH
01-18-2008, 03:11 AM
NorthernD,

you are absolutely right about presenting correct and unbiased facts . All that is, is years and years of frustration with NYRA. I could have easily equated their decision to raise purses with mismanagement in light of bankruptcy talks, or a number of other anti handicapper/political decisions over the years.
thanks

oh yeah, has there ever been a study supporting the idea that larger purses bring quality races (top Jockeys and trainers in Fl and CA) or higher handles... bad use of funds in light of bankrupcy talks...to me

asH
thanks Rook

njcurveball
01-18-2008, 10:18 AM

Isn't that where you would go if given the chance?

Many Northeast tracks no longer have to try to make it through January and February but are too stubborn to close during these months. They simply accept all of the cancellations and poor conditions Mother Nature hands to them.

After riding many days where they go through a dozen pair of goggles every 30 minutes, I guess they "see the light".

Tom
01-18-2008, 10:22 AM
If I don't see palm trees in the video, I don't play that track! :cool:

asH
01-18-2008, 11:51 AM
If I don't see palm trees in the video, I don't play that track! :cool:

guess your right Tom...guess I gotta venture past the premier offerings of TVG, or change my satellite co...and I'm not liking the postage stamp (distorted) online video .... any good video online?

asH

rrbauer
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Isn't that where you would go if given the chance?

Many Northeast tracks no longer have to try to make it through January and February but are too stubborn to close during these months. They simply accept all of the cancellations and poor conditions Mother Nature hands to them.

After riding many days where they go through a dozen pair of goggles every 30 minutes, I guess they "see the light".

I bet if you asked the horses they would prefer to be elsewhere too.

fmhealth
01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Northern, I could be mistaken, but I believe that GP has quietly raised their WPS T/O to 17%.

northerndancer
01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Northern, I could be mistaken, but I believe that GP has quietly raised their WPS T/O to 17%.

You may well be accurate I do think that GP is now at 17% for the WPS wagering.