PDA

View Full Version : FORECASTER XL

HUSKER55
01-17-2008, 03:41 AM
HAS ANYONE EVER USED THIS PROGRAM? IF YOU DID, WERE YOU HAPPY WITH IT OR AMBIVALENT OR WHAT. DID IT WORK FOR YOU AND DO YOU STILL USE IT. HOW COMPLICATED IS IT TO USE?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. :)

Tom Barrister
01-17-2008, 11:41 AM
IF YOU'RE REFERRING TO THE EXCEL ADD-ON "FORECASTER XL", IT HAS TO DO WITH NEURAL NETWORKS, AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT---E.G. IT WON'T RUN ITSELF AUTOMATICALLY.

OH, AND ONE OTHER THING:

ON THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR KEYBOARD, JUST ABOVE THE "SHIFT" KEY AND JUST BELOW THE "TAB" KEY, IS A KEY TITLED "CAPS LOCK".

If you press that, you can then use upper and lower case, it won't look like you're a caffeine-laced twelve-year-old shouting for attention, and you might get a few more answers.

Donnie
01-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Tom--
Don't take offense to this because it's not meant malicious....
I know of a lot of people (elder than myself) who always use CAPS because they have trouble reading the smaller letters on their screen. Not enough people know how to change the resolution on their computers to make it more user friendly.

Tom Barrister
01-18-2008, 04:38 AM
That's all well and good, but since the majority of people (and almost all websites) user lower case, the people who have trouble reading smaller type will eventually need to figure out a way to enlarge the font size.

I've seen a lot of interest in neural networks lately, on the web and in the racebooks. I don't know of anybody who uses them for thoroughbred racing and shows a profit. That's not to say that nobody does, but I don't know of any. I understand the idea and some of the principles behind neural networks, but I don't see how the concept could be successfully applied to racing.

hcap
01-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Choosing the factors imputed into the model, the time period those factors cover, the subset of types of races-(distance, surface, etc) all affect what the NN does. I have not been able to get any to work for any extended period of time. Tried the 30 day evaluation of Forcaster as well as many other NNs.

Jaguar has mentioned using trainers.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41822&page=2&pp=15

asH
01-18-2008, 12:32 PM
bottom right of Internet Explorer above the task bar, you will notice a number with a percentage after and what is supposed to be a magnifing glass before, click the little down carret ‚ (black triangle), choose the best magnification level.

http://www.hethu.com/blog/images/ie7_full.jpg!

too,there are many free programs online
pass it on
asH

HUSKER55
01-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks asH. I never knew how to do that and yes I have trouble reading the screen

Tom, I never meant to offend anyone and if I did I apol ogize

I use excel for my handicaping and I am looking for easier ways, or better ways, to do the work just like everyone else,

Thanks to all :)

asH
01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks asH. I never knew how to do that and yes I have trouble reading the screen

Tom, I never meant to offend anyone and if I did I apol ogize

I use excel for my handicaping and I am looking for easier ways, or better ways, to do the work just like everyone else,

Thanks to all :)

Not a prob Husk, we are all here to help,even Tom...needs a bit more fiber in his diet.
Husk ask your question in the Computer Programs section.
;) asH

asH
01-18-2008, 07:38 PM
my bad...this-is -the-software-section...

asH:confused:

mrharness
01-18-2008, 07:49 PM
my bad...this-is -the-software-section...

asH:confused:
Maybe you need larger fonts?:lol:

BTW anyone using Internet Explorer 6 - click view->text size.

Tom Barrister
01-19-2008, 04:06 AM
Not a prob Husk, we are all here to help,even Tom...needs a bit more fiber in his diet.

Not really. I just say what others think but don't say because they don't want to take the heat from people like you who (incorrectly) think they're being clever.

asH
01-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Or perhaps make light a situation that wasn’t as serious as all that.

How does it go, Blessed are the peace makers…..

Sorry bout that .

asH

keenang
01-19-2008, 12:34 PM
TOM B.
YOU REALLY AND TRULY NEED TO GET A LIFE.

GENO