PDA

View Full Version : WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR OPINIONS

HUSKER55
01-16-2008, 08:50 PM
HI EVERYONE,

SUPPOSE YOU HAVE HORSE A WHO HAS GOOD EARLY SPEED BUT STAMINA IS A TAD ON THE WEAK SIDE AND THE NEAREST CONTENDER IS HORSE B WHOSE EARLY PACE IS A TAD OFF BUT HAS GOOD STAMINA.

TODAYS RACE IS THE SAME LENGTH (SPRINT) AS THE LAST THREE FOR EACH.

BASED ON YOUR EXPERIENCE, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU GIVE THE EDGE TO BASED ON JUST THIS CRITERIA.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. I APPRECIATE IT.

:)

ManeMediaMogul
01-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I'd take the speed horse every time over an unbiased racetrack.

point given
01-16-2008, 08:59 PM
You neglected to list the other horses in the race and their respective pps. and the nature of the track, etc. If the speed horse is the lone speed and can back it down a tad, he should be home free. If there is other speed signed on, then the stamina horse would be advantaged. then again if the track were playing to speed and the horse who got over to the golden rail first just rolls , then the other speed might not be able to pressure, and the speed of the speed wins. Whats the point you're looking for ? Hope this helps you some.

HI EVERYONE,

SUPPOSE YOU HAVE HORSE A WHO HAS GOOD EARLY SPEED BUT STAMINA IS A TAD ON THE WEAK SIDE AND THE NEAREST CONTENDER IS HORSE B WHOSE EARLY PACE IS A TAD OFF BUT HAS GOOD STAMINA.

TODAYS RACE IS THE SAME LENGTH (SPRINT) AS THE LAST THREE FOR EACH.

BASED ON YOUR EXPERIENCE, WHICH ONE WOULD YOU GIVE THE EDGE TO BASED ON JUST THIS CRITERIA.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. I APPRECIATE IT.

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Very few races have only two competitive horses.

You should NEVER consider a single scenario as many horses contribute with differing randomness.

Even in a field with two standouts, there are multiple alternatives possible and should be considered.

thespaah
01-16-2008, 09:39 PM
You neglected to list the other horses in the race and their respective pps. and the nature of the track, etc. If the speed horse is the lone speed and can back it down a tad, he should be home free. If there is other speed signed on, then the stamina horse would be advantaged. then again if the track were playing to speed and the horse who got over to the golden rail first just rolls , then the other speed might not be able to pressure, and the speed of the speed wins. Whats the point you're looking for ? Hope this helps you some. I think the OP is asking the question based on the premise that he has narrowed down his top selections to these two horses.

HUSKER55
01-16-2008, 09:50 PM
SORRY EVERYONE, I DIDN'T MAKE MYSELF CLEAR,..AGIAN.

YOUR ARE CORRECT. I AM DOWN TO TWO HORSES AND THE SPEED HORSE IS RUNNING 2,AND HORSE B IS 4, UNLESS ONE GETS SCRATCHED
THANKS AGAIN FOR YUR INPUT

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Two horses have the same final time, the one to the second call first is the better wager, on dirt, just about every time.

Ron
01-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I think there is always more than meets the eye. HUSKER55 may have broken the race down to pace and stamina but if he would give the details of the specific race, he may recieve more insight. It seems like if he is just trying to proove out his specific theory he could do so by watching the race.

Norm
01-17-2008, 02:10 AM

Given only that criteria, seriously, I would pass the race. There is nothing there to tip the scale. In the actual race, something will tip the scale. Is there a speed bias? Is one dropping in class ? How does the front runner kick-off the far turn ? . . . If he's good off the turn he will win, if not, the closer will come inside him and beat him. If both have a discernable weakness as described, then the scene is set for a long shot. (Lots of folks here are good with those.) IMO, you have to find a scale-tipping factor or pass.

HUSKER55
01-17-2008, 03:34 AM
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT EVERYONE. OBVIOUSLY I HAVE MORE TO LEARN

thespaah
01-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Given only that criteria, seriously, I would pass the race. There is nothing there to tip the scale. In the actual race, something will tip the scale. Is there a speed bias? Is one dropping in class ? How does the front runner kick-off the far turn ? . . . If he's good off the turn he will win, if not, the closer will come inside him and beat him. If both have a discernable weakness as described, then the scene is set for a long shot. (Lots of folks here are good with those.) IMO, you have to find a scale-tipping factor or pass.
As long as it is within my budget, I would use both horses in my exotics.. If it is not ,pass the race.

njcurveball
01-17-2008, 10:21 AM
SORRY EVERYONE, I DIDN'T MAKE MYSELF CLEAR,..AGIAN.

YOUR ARE CORRECT. I AM DOWN TO TWO HORSES AND THE SPEED HORSE IS RUNNING 2,AND HORSE B IS 4, UNLESS ONE GETS SCRATCHED
THANKS AGAIN FOR YUR INPUT

I may have missed this in earlier posts, but you cannot make a decision on this until the know the value attached to each horse.

If you have made them equal in your estimate than you set a minimum odds and if they BOTH are over that, you bet BOTH.

Play 90% or more of the bet on WIN. Too many good handicappers think if they are down to 2 horses, naturally they will run 1-2 and spend a fortune (and lose a fortune) in exactas.

If you are a good handicapper and can get races down to 2 horses, you should be making some pretty good money! :ThmbUp:

Jim