PDA

View Full Version : Sunday in the Big Easy

Boris
01-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Several "people moves" caught my eye in Nawlins today. Sans PPs at this point so do your own homework. Raining here in Houston, so not sure how far east the weather goes.

Dale Angelle, mostly a Delta guy, has three running today. Sends in Brian Hernandez from Delta for the rides. Delta horses have been making the switch to FG well and the money is not that different, so my thinking is at least one of these is live.

Elvis P is listed on one in the 5th, ML 12-1. Very good turf rider, but sometimes does not show up, physically, in these situations. If he is there and the race stays on the weeds, take a look.

Don't forget Purple Power's son's horse in the 7th. $2 from everyone for good karma. Board requirement.

$100K 8th. Husbands comes in for a ride for Carroll. Terry Thompson comes in for a ride for Vance. Terry Thompson shipped into Houston for a "one and run" ride in a stakes race a week or two ago. 20-1 & 7/2ML versus some Asmussen chalk dust.

Good Luck & Go Bucs!

PurplePower
01-26-2003, 11:15 PM
We got enough Karma for third. Even The Score looked great off the layoff. I'm hoping Dallas will bring that gray Unbridled's Song son back for another Connally try. Haven't talked to son to know if they are thinking Connally for Red Mountain. "Red" didn't do that well when they brought him over two years ago. Hal is from Houston area, however, and he won twice with Chorwon so they usually try to get one in. I stayed in cold, rainy Houston working on text material for Groom Elite 201 class. May make the trip to N.O. tomorrow, but right now looks like I will stay put an get some material to our translator and illustrator (especially since they were expecting it two weeks ago.)