PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee: Rewite the Constitution

Gittup
01-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Mikie-boy had decreed that the Constitution should be rewritten so that it is in compliance with God's standards. Some Iowans even voted for him (the bass player). Welcome to the American Taliban, my friends, the show that never ends. Step right up, hurry hurry hurry. This is too funny, if it wasn't so scarey.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2008/01/15/huckabee-base-constitution-on-bible/

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 12:36 AM
The idea just got a underwhelming response outside the Bible belt.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 12:56 AM
The idea just got a underwhelming response outside the Bible belt.
Yup, he's gonna lose a lot of votes if the adulterers don't take this layin' down!

JustRalph
01-16-2008, 01:04 AM
he's a flake and he starting to get mouthy...............he will be an afterthought .................hopefully

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Even still, to equate this man to the Taliban is the height of insanity. This country is indeed screwed if thinking like this has taken hold of the majority.

Luckily in 2004, America did not fail me (but they sure pissed off a bunch of Europeans when they reelected Bush). Let's see what happens in November.

russowen77
01-16-2008, 03:38 AM
AH the Huckster. It is good the nation has him now instead of us. Just wait till they get a load of Janet.:)

DanG
01-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Even still, to equate this man to the Taliban is the height of insanity. This country is indeed screwed if thinking like this has taken hold of the majority.

Acknowledging the Taliban is over the top...

Clearly there is a wing of the modern GOP that is advocating a theocracy. Once again; flying in the face of our founding Fathers. :ThmbDown:

hcap
01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Don't forget Huck is not that much different than George.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1586978,00.html

"George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.

Mr Bush revealed the extent of his religious fervour when he met a Palestinian delegation during the Israeli-Palestinian summit at the Egpytian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, four months after the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003."

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2005/10/06/bush372ready.jpg

DanG
01-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Acknowledging the Taliban is over the top...

Clearly there is a wing of the modern GOP that is advocating a theocracy. Once again; flying in the face of our founding Fathers. :ThmbDown:
Just to clarify what looks like a vague statement. (Don’t you just love the ½ wits who quote themselves!) :p

The ‘acknowledging the Taliban was referring to an earlier post.

To me; all the references to the Taliban, Nazi’s etc are actually an insult to those who suffered and died by their hand.

Shreds of comparisons do apply to this administration, (1st full scale violation of sovereignty since 1846 etc…) but this is a new paradigm in American history and deserves its own analysis imo.

hcap
01-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Summarizing a report from the oversight agency for the National Science Foundation, the New York Times writes,

"The United States remains the world leader in scientific and technological innovation, but its dominance is threatened by economic development elsewhere, particularly in Asia, the National Science Board said Tuesday in its biennial report on science and engineering...

Many Americans remain ignorant about much of science, the board said. Many are unable to answer correctly when asked whether Earth moves around the Sun"

Ask Huck about evolution and find out it conflicts with the Bible.
Has anyone asked him about the earths orbit?
Or asked the swelling number of theocrats that also may buy into this stuff?
This is only one danger of Theocracies. Literal minded narrow views

njcurveball
01-16-2008, 09:33 AM
"George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq

Elwood Blues also claimed he was on a Mission from God and could not be caught. Maybe they can compare notes?

DanG
01-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Elwood Blues also claimed he was on a Mission from God and could not be caught. Maybe they can compare notes?
:lol::lol::lol:

JustRalph
01-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Summarizing a report from the oversight agency for the National Science Foundation, the New York Times writes,

"The United States remains the world leader in scientific and technological innovation, but its dominance is threatened by economic development elsewhere, particularly in Asia, the National Science Board said Tuesday in its biennial report on science and engineering...

Many Americans remain ignorant about much of science, the board said. Many are unable to answer correctly when asked whether Earth moves around the Sun"

Ask Huck about evolution and find out it conflicts with the Bible.
Has anyone asked him about the earths orbit?
Or asked the swelling number of theocrats that also may buy into this stuff?
This is only one danger of Theocracies. Literal minded narrow views

what a surprise. a bunch of scientists advocating for more knowledge and probably "money" toward science..........duh! :rolleyes:

PA is right.........no matter how bad you hate Huck, and I am not a fan, he isn't equal to the Taliban.........come on............. nor is his flock.........it is just the usual Hyperbole dreamed up by the left.......get real

hcap
01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
I tend to agree. The Taliban is worse.
However, theocracies may lead to extremism. I doubt Huck is as looney as Mullah Omah, but certain things are in common.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 10:27 AM
I used the "taliban" as a metaphor for what these zealots attempt to foist on the populace. Do you remember the debate regarding the teaching of "intelligent design"? Or perhaps the need to impose theit "will" on a family decision such as Terry Sheivo? Or perhaps a decision that a woman needs to make concerning her own body and and unwanted pregnancy? Or who is sanctioned to enjoy the IRS tax advantages of marrying a person they love?

I could go on and on. Frankly, I'm opposed to having all of the public school's textbooks rewitten to state that the earth was created 6,000 years ago, that's 2,000 years AFTER the Sumerians invented ink.

These Christian zealots have launched their "crusade" against Islamic zealots, and are now repeating the history launched by Pope Urban II many hundreds of years ago...and we all know how that turned out.

Do you think there will be "witch trials" like those in Salem, MA, for those that call attention to the evils of the American Taliban?

betchatoo
01-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Luckily in 2004, America did not fail me (but they sure pissed off a bunch of Europeans when they reelected Bush). Let's see what happens in November.
Mike:
In 2004 I never said a word about the election because, although I dreaded it, I fully expected George W. to be reelected. This year I think, barring a major change, you are in for a disappointment. In fact, I might be willing to make a little side bet on it.

rastajenk
01-16-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm willing to bet that Bush won't be re-elected this year. Wanna take that one?
Do you think there will be "witch trials" like those in Salem, MA, for those that call attention to the evils of the American Taliban?
No.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=rastajenk]I'm willing to bet that Bush won't be re-elected this year. Wanna take that one?

Duh...two terms is the limit, but if martial law is declared....
Ummm...you givin' odds?

Gittup
01-18-2008, 12:24 AM
HR 888.....Dangerous stuff.

http://www.alternet.org/story/73778/

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2008, 04:30 AM
[QUOTE=rastajenk]Duh...two terms is the limit, but if martial law is declared....
Ummm...you givin' odds?Let me guess...you have your underground bunker well stocked, and a closet full of ammo....oh wait, you probably abhor guns, so forget that....

OTM Al
01-18-2008, 10:14 AM
This is the actual bill as it stands at this point

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=hr110-888

I got no problem about having some silly week designated in this way, but the actual wording of the bill, while all likely true, reeks of ignorance and exclusivity. People of many religions have contributed to the formation of this country and the focus purely on Christianity is distasteful.

Tom
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Why do we need any bill to do this?
Religion is not the responsibility of the governement.

Psssst....Bin Losi ------
WORK ON PROBLEMS, YOU DITZ!!!!

Gittup
01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=Gittup]Let me guess...you have your underground bunker well stocked, and a closet full of ammo....oh wait, you probably abhor guns, so forget that....
No underground bunker, but plenty of guns and lots of ammo. I know how to hunt, though unlike the Gov of Arkansas, Ahh naivah cooked sqirrlz in a popcorn popper in mah dorm room.

Gittup
01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
This is the actual bill as it stands at this point

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=hr110-888

I got no problem about having some silly week designated in this way, but the actual wording of the bill, while all likely true, reeks of ignorance and exclusivity. People of many religions have contributed to the formation of this country and the focus purely on Christianity is distasteful.
HR 888 is NOT consistant with this:

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression (http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#exp)

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#REDRESS) of grievances."

OTM Al
01-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Having a week to focus on the role of religion in the history of this country? That does not violate the first amendment in any way any more than having a Black History month would violate any sort of laws on equality. Its all trivial nonsense and there are so many ceremonial sorts of days weeks and months that they have no meaning now. No one is required to acknowledge it.

46zilzal
01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
"Thank ya Jesus!!"

Reverend Billy Sol Hargis of the First Church of the Gooey Death and Discount House of Worship, Del Rio, Texas, where prayer cloths are on sale this week.

Gittup
01-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Having a week to focus on the role of religion in the history of this country? That does not violate the first amendment in any way any more than having a Black History month would violate any sort of laws on equality. Its all trivial nonsense and there are so many ceremonial sorts of days weeks and months that they have no meaning now. No one is required to acknowledge it.
Black History month is not a religiously oriented government sanctioned event.
It is more in line with "freedom of expression".
A week that celebrates Christian influence violates the "establishment of religion" clause.

OTM Al
01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm the first to defend what is in the constitution, but what you are saying is incorrect. No law may be passed regarding the establishment of a religion nor the banning of one or its practices. This does not prevent having some named Religious Heritage week. It is certainly a sneaky way of slipping in propaganda by those who would like a theocracy, but I do not think it violates the constitution as there is nothing there forcing anyone to abide by it or pay attention to it anymore than any of the other "sanctioned" official days/weeks/months. Making it Christian only, as I said, is completely ignorant of history, but would not be unconstitutional.

Tom
01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Black History month is not a religiously oriented government sanctioned event.
It is more in line with "freedom of expression".
A week that celebrates Christian influence violates the "establishment of religion" clause.

If we had white history month, you would be call it racist! How about gittin over it and celebrating American History.

And what they mean by establishment of a religion refers to having a state religion, like in England. Nothing about it has to do with not being able to celebrate a religion already established. References to Christianity and GOd are rampant in our history. In God We Trust....One Nation, under God, etc.
Not that I agree we need it, but it makes more sense than Black or White history month. I do not gest! :D

ddog
01-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Why do we need any bill to do this?
Religion is not the responsibility of the governement.

Psssst....Bin Losi ------
WORK ON PROBLEMS, YOU DITZ!!!!

Mr. FORBES (for himself, Mr. MCINTYRE, Mr. AKIN, Mr. BARRETT of South Carolina, Mr. CULBERSON, Mr. DOOLITTLE, Mr. FEENEY, Mr. GINGREY, Mr. GOHMERT, Mr. HAYES, Mr. HENSARLING, Mr. HERGER, Mr. JONES of North Carolina, Mr. MCHENRY, Mrs. MUSGRAVE, Mr. PEARCE, Mr. PENCE, Mr. PITTS, Mr. RYAN of Wisconsin, Mrs. SCHMIDT, Mr. WALBERG, Mr. WILSON of South Carolina, Mr. WOLF, and Mr. YOUNG of Florida) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform

Interesting , I don't see Binlosi or pelosi on here as a sponsor anywhere.
perhaps that has been redacted?

She has much to respond to but this doesn't appear to be it.
Maybe these members above could be working on something a little better than clogging up the house with such nonsense?

Once again, a "dream-like" posting from you.

To quote a denizen of the board "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" I say again
"HhhMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"

:lol:

Gittup
01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm the first to defend what is in the constitution, but what you are saying is incorrect. No law may be passed regarding the establishment of a religion nor the banning of one or its practices. This does not prevent having some named Religious Heritage week. It is certainly a sneaky way of slipping in propaganda by those who would like a theocracy, but I do not think it violates the constitution as there is nothing there forcing anyone to abide by it or pay attention to it anymore than any of the other "sanctioned" official days/weeks/months. Making it Christian only, as I said, is completely ignorant of history, but would not be unconstitutional.
OTM,
you might be entirely correct, but your last sentence opens HR 888 to challenge.

Tom
01-18-2008, 02:18 PM
Once again, a "dream-like" posting from you.

To quote a denizen of the board "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" I say again
"HhhMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"

:lol:

Sorry to spoil your recess, but I never said SHE sponsored it...but SHE is the head of the house, so it to her I address this idea of accomplishing something. After all, it her job, and she has not done it very well so far.
With all the pomp and hoopla when she banged her gavel on day one, I would have expected something in a year. And to quote another denizen of this board, BRAAAAAAAHAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++

Gittup
01-18-2008, 02:27 PM
"Thank ya Jesus!!"

Reverend Billy Sol Hargis of the First Church of the Gooey Death and Discount House of Worship, Del Rio, Texas, where prayer cloths are on sale this week.
LOL!
I'm a couple of days late, but I'd like to wish ALL a "Happy Religious Freedom Day".
http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/1/16/133810/173

For sure there will be a few here that will need some of the big words explained.
Help me boil it down into monosyllables, Zil.

Gittup
01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Rev Huckabee shows his command of Jesus's teachings..."....we'd tell 'em where to stick the pole."
How Christian Mikie!!!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080118/ap_on_el_pr/confederate_flag_ad;_ylt=Ao_UVydzGApXFJ5IEG2UdUOs0 NUE

Gittup
01-18-2008, 07:43 PM
http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/74254/#more

ljb
01-19-2008, 07:38 AM
Just heard this. Huckabee has embraced the neo-nazi flag in S.Carolina, he has a chance here.

Gittup
01-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Just heard this. Huckabee has embraced the neo-nazi flag in S.Carolina, he has a chance here.
See links #34+#35

Gittup
01-19-2008, 11:01 AM
If Mikey wins the White House, I wouldn't want to be one of the squirrels that forages on the south lawn. Does anyone speculate that there will be goats grazing in the rose garden? Will Jed be Attorney General or Chief of Staff? Will he install Jethro as Sec of State? Ellie Mae for Dept of Interior? Where will he put the "cement pond" for Granny to do the laundry? And what will be the new flag flying over the White House?

Tom
01-19-2008, 11:30 AM
"Huckabee has no shot. Anyone knows that.
Him winning would be almost as bad as any democrat winning.

Gittup
01-19-2008, 11:37 AM
"Huckabee has no shot. Anyone knows that.
Him winning would be almost as bad as any democrat winning.
Last time I looked, he was a GOP presidential candidate, and he won Iowa, came in strong in NH. Watch what happens in the palmetto state, especially since he's defending their flag.

Tom
01-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Iowa is meaningless - no delgates. IT is early and he is already far down where it counts. He will never get past super dupe Tuesday. He is far too transparent of a pandering whore. He ate popped squirrel nad never exhaled!:lol:

Gittup
01-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Iowa is menaingless - no delgates. IT is early and he is already far odwn where it counts. He will never get past super dupe Tuesday. He is far too transparent of a pandering whore. He ate popped squirrel nad never exhaled!:lol:
Luckily, squirrels can't vote...but unfortunately, plenty of nuts do.

Tom
01-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh, you talking dems now? :rolleyes:

Lefty
01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm not a huckabee fan, but this, lbj, is a complete distortion of his position. In fact, hehas refused to get in the fray, saying it wassn't his business and was S. Carolina's business.
After S Carolina, Huckabee will be no factor.
The Big 3 are Rudy, John and Mitt. I wish I could include Fred, but I just don't see it.

Tom
01-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Typical ljb commnet - twisted, spun, wrong, backwards......thanks for penetrating my IGGY! :rolleyes::lol:

Gittup
01-19-2008, 03:02 PM
"thanks for penetrating my IGGY! :rolleyes::lol:"

Tommy,
How did it feel? Huckleberry is against that kind of stuff!

Tom
01-19-2008, 03:21 PM
pssst. Her's a clue - stupid is not the same as funny or witty.
That was funny in third grade. Bar's higher here. :rolleyes:

Gittup
01-19-2008, 04:41 PM
pssst. Her's a clue - stupid is not the same as funny or witty.
That was funny in third grade. Bar's higher here. :rolleyes:
What's "her's a clue"?
My suggestion, don't continue to "unintentionally" drop the soap in the shower, though I'm guessing that your fellow inmates like it just fine.
Speaking of "bars being higher here", pm me with the correctional facility where you're incarcerated. I have a friend that will make you a cake. Look for a hacksaw blade inside.

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Just heard this. Huckabee has embraced the neo-nazi flag in S.Carolina, he has a chance here.The only one that counts TO ME is WARNER BROTHERS. Have you missed those posts?

Since they still embrace this flag, it will continue to be allowed here. I suggest, that if you want the flag removed, you lobby Warner Bros.....

riskman
01-19-2008, 09:57 PM
LOL!
I'm a couple of days late, but I'd like to wish ALL a "Happy Religious Freedom Day".
http://www.talk2action.org/story/2008/1/16/133810/173

For sure there will be a few here that will need some of the big words explained.
Help me boil it down into monosyllables, Zil.

"If you're on horseback talking to someone and they're on the ground, dismount.
It ain't polite to talk down to people."

kenwoodallpromos
01-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Looks like a preacher who is a natl sales taxer who wants to tell people where to shove a flagpole is not the SC Repub's 1st choice!LOL!!
Romney 4ht!LOL!!

Heckquebus
01-20-2008, 05:37 PM

Bush was "ELECTED" you say? Humm....interesting.

Gittup
01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
[/B]

"If you're on horseback talking to someone and they're on the ground, dismount.
It ain't polite to talk down to people."
Good point Riskman. There are some big words in there though.
To those that may have been offended...sorry.

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Bush was "ELECTED" you say? Humm....interesting.Yes, he most certainly was....TWICE as Governor of Texas, and TWICE as President of the Unites States of America.

A consortium of newspapers (including the New York Times) even did their own private recount and reported that yes, George W. Bush actually did win the election of 2000......for the 100th time.....

Heckquebus
01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Yes, he most certainly was....TWICE as Governor of Texas, and TWICE as President of the Unites States of America.

A consortium of newspapers (including the New York Times) even did their own private recount and reported that yes, George W. Bush actually did win the election of 2000......for the 100th time.....

Pace do you not think there is truth to this article California thinks so...
http://www.news.com/More-e-voting-glitches-surface/2100-1002_3-5440809.html

Lefty
01-21-2008, 07:32 PM
hey, heck, did you miss your ride onthat spaceship ya said you leaving on?
What planet you from anyway?
Must be
PLANET OF THE LIBS

hcap
01-22-2008, 06:20 AM
Oy gevalt!

http://www.harpers.org/media/image/blogs/misc/michigan_600.jpg