PDA

View Full Version : free hard drive loaded with horse racing software

highnote
01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
A friend of mine moved and left me his old IBM PC desktop. It looks like a DOS computer. It's got a big ol' hard drive that is loaded with all kinds of horseracing software. He said one piece of trifecta software originally cost $3000.

I think there is some Sartin stuff on there and a Thorobrain.

I believe the computer was originally owned by an older gentleman who used to hang out at Connecticut OTB. He has since passed away. I knew him well. He bought just about every new piece of handicapping software that was released.

Anyway, if you want it, you can PM me. I'll send you the hard drive. I think you may need some kind of an old PC in order to use the hard drive. You can have the computer if you want it.

If you want the computer you'll have to come and pick it up. I'm too busy to take time to pack it up and ship. However, I could slap postage on the computer and ship it like that. It's solid as a rock. It would take a sledge hammer to dent it.

If you just want the hard drive I could ship it.

In either case you will have to send me $$ for postage. But you can have the computer and hard drive for free. I have never booted up the computer. So I am taking my friends word that the hard drive is loaded with software.

If I get no replies within a week it goes to the dump.

If you have further questions, I will not be able to answer them.

highnote
01-16-2008, 08:57 AM
We have a winner. No more messages please. In fact, PA, you can remove this if you want. Or leave it here in the interest of history. Maybe 5000 years from now researchers will be interested in the kind of things message boards were used for. :D