PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Camp

bigmack
01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Anybody take a gander of this on A&E? If not, take a peak.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5745767401002835964&q=jesus+camp&total=2046&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

http://www.themoviebinge.com/images/stills/20060929jesuscamp.jpg

46zilzal
01-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Teaching the kids horrible lessons. It is an eyeful to watch and be amazed at the kind of crap these idiots teach the kids.

keilan
01-14-2008, 11:57 PM
I'd like to take a video of "Bible Becky" when she thinks no one is looking, then play it back for the congregation. Yuk that would be nasty

bigmack
01-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Teaching the kids horrible lessons. It is an eyeful to watch and be amazed at the kind of crap these idiots teach the kids.
Any words of castigation for the other "idiots" teaching lessons to the supple minds of children?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/20.jpg

chickenhead
01-15-2008, 12:30 AM
here's an interesting little piece...if you're interested in the stock market

http://www.deepcapturethemovie.com/

for a bit of backup as to whether this does happen:

http://www.faulkingtruth.com/Articles/Investing101/1019.html

Gibbon
01-15-2008, 01:50 AM
...kind of crap these idiots teach... It all matters not. We humans, nothing more than evolved simians driven by no reason, no purpose to no relevant end. Lets all live out our carnal desires for there is no tomorrow. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Today I viewed a National Geographic documentary on Ted Kazinsky. Harvard grad Ph.D mathematician with a 160 IQ. In 1993 NY Times and Wash. Post published Kazinsky’s manifesto. In his doctrine, Kaz explains why he became the Unabomber. Among other things, Kaz thought of himself as a superior human who must impose his will on inferior humans -mostly college professors and some leading industry executives.

Who’s to say he’s wrong. In the end it’s all meaningless anyways.
So teach or don’t teach - we were all born to die.

bigmack
01-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Who’s to say he’s wrong. In the end it’s all meaningless anyways. So teach or don’t teach - we were all born to die.
Deep thought from one who ran with the cognomen, "Bala".

Teddy's IQ, or that of others, has no excuse for surd thought.

Irrational behavior is all around us.

Take for example this "Bala" who left in a huff over an innocuously, easily avoidable thread on the death of ANSmith.

Fatalistically painting the product of lessons children learn today speaks more of your life than that of future lives.

Indulto
01-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Teaching the kids horrible lessons. It is an eyeful to watch and be amazed at the kind of crap these idiots teach the kids.46,
How does this jell with your thoughts regarding evolution? I just saw a PBS special on how wolves evolved into dogs. It isn't hard to imagine there's a gene for this behavior. Just as the dogs evolved (and were bred) for devotion to humans, maybe dovotion to ideas can be passed on. :(

Gibbon
01-15-2008, 03:43 AM
Macky, lighten up.

Youth of tomorrow will do just fine despite some extremes. Wait for the rebellious teenage years. Bet you don’t have any children? Check that, I’m certain you don’t have children. If Anna had her father in her life, events transpired would be to different outcome.

bigmack
01-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Gibby -

You're masquerading in a world that assumes "higher thought" brings the hoi polloi, which you assume of lesser thought, to their figurative knees.

It's a tough life when you base your judgement of others on the view of yourself being sharper than most. Trust me on this.

46zilzal
01-15-2008, 11:34 AM
How does this jell with your thoughts regarding evolution? I just saw a PBS special on how wolves evolved into dogs. It isn't hard to imagine there's a gene for this behavior. Just as the dogs evolved (and were bred) for devotion to humans, maybe devotion to ideas can be passed on.
The ridiculous thoughts plastered into these poor kids head would never have come to pass on their own. Evolution has nothing to do with this ridiculousness.

lsbets
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
46 - is there anything in this world that brings you pleasure or are you always this bitter? Were you this way before your wife passed away, or was it her passing that made you so resentful towards religion, the government, and the medical profession?

Tom
01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Maybe there is a Mean Gene, other than Okerlund. :lol:

46zilzal
01-15-2008, 02:48 PM
46 - is there anything in this world that brings you pleasure or are you always this bitter? Were you this way before your wife passed away, or was it her passing that made you so resentful towards religion, the government, and the medical profession?
Like I have said over and over: you don't know shit about me. NADA.

Religion is a choice. Some take it, many don't. It is, after all, just a life philosophy with the insertion of a deity. That is where Buddhism/Taoism is the exception as it about self enlightenment without subservience to some nebulous GOD.T o poison young minds, as this documentary shows, is criminal.

Gibbon
01-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Mack, you’re reading too much into my posts. Cynical sarcasms yes, Dostoyevsky’s existential philosophy, no.

The mental health of children is a paramount motivation in my life. Sure, some cultists make sensational news {your link and Ruby Ridge} but let us step back and “see” a larger picture.

What would you suppose the Columbine and Virginia Tech massacres share? Poor parenting, perhaps an overabundance of material wealth? Video games? Nope. Legal prescription drugs! Recent history corroborates children addicted to anti depressants. Legal medication which has not been shown to work in placebo controlled double blind studies in adults. And NEVER tested on young people.

Attention Deficit Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and many more ‘invented’ mental health diagnosis, placing millions of children on legal prescription drugs. In our ever evolving society, if a young boy acts out in manners of millenniums past, no problem – legally drug the child. He will comply peacefully or not. Until the next Columbine. Mind altering legal drugs based on vain, narcissistic believes in secular humanist intelligence.

But place blame on Jesus freaks. Blame them for everything. Zilly does, join the club.

...base your judgement of others on the view of yourself being sharper than most. Sure, I’m smug at times. Principally to deal with personalities such as your condescending demeanor.

My world view is filtered through a prism of absolute moral and ethical truths. Standards unattainable my mortal man.

ljb
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
This just shows that there are whackos of all beliefs. Giving them power was our mistake.

46zilzal
01-15-2008, 05:31 PM
[SIZE=3] Zilly does, join the club.

The acts of a single incompetent run through the heart of my posts. The rest point out to abhor the event or action no matter the individual.

GaryG
01-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Deep thought from one who ran with the cognomen, "Bala".
.PA is kind of like the witness protection program....you make a fool out of yourself under one name then come back to start over with a new identity. But the old habits are hard to break, ala Bala or Sammy Bull.

Gittup
01-15-2008, 06:32 PM
This just shows that there are whackos of all beliefs. Giving them power was our mistake.
Agreed. Whether a "Christian" indoctrination camp, or an Islamic madrassa, the loonies that seek to impose their doctrines on others justifies their only recourse, THEOCRACY!!
Watch Rev Huckabee and his take on "illegal immigrants" (forgetting completely about "love thy neighbor as thyself"), the claim that the Constituton needs to be rewritten so as to be better aligned with the Bible, the unequal application of rights to citizens with other sexual preferences, and the disregard for the Constitutionally directed "separation of church and state".
These are indeed dangerous times. We have "Christian jihaddists" running for the presidency. And to think that "free thinking" citizens vote for it!!! OH MY!!!

Tom
01-15-2008, 07:30 PM
The acts of a single incompetent run through the heart of my posts.

POST OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE!

THS IS SOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bigmack
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
POST OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE!

Even Zilly has to see the beauty of that one.

Froggie does.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/frogsmile-1.gif

PaceAdvantage
01-16-2008, 02:27 AM
These are indeed dangerous times. We have "Christian jihaddists" running for the presidency. And to think that "free thinking" citizens vote for it!!! OH MY!!!Keep up the absurd rhetoric. This sick and twisted logic of equating Huckabee to Islamic Extremists who strap bombs and AK47s to young children will only lead to more innocent Americans being slaughtered, while you struggle to "understand" the poor, picked on, often maligned and always discriminated against, Islamic Terrorist (between tokes and Neil Young tracks).

After all, as Rosie said "Terrorists are mothers and fathers too!"

Gittup
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Keep up the absurd rhetoric. This sick and twisted logic of equating Huckabee to Islamic Extremists who strap bombs and AK47s to young children will only lead to more innocent Americans being slaughtered, while you struggle to "understand" the poor, picked on, often maligned and always discriminated against, Islamic Terrorist (between tokes and Neil Young tracks).

After all, as Rosie said "Terrorists are mothers and fathers too!"
You are certainly entitled to hold your own opinions, as am I.
May I suggest that you read Hucabee's comments in the link posted on a different thread before you accuse me of "absurd rhetoric"?

Also, I don't know what you're talking about regarding "tokes and Neil Young tracks". Does this have anything to do with railroads? I'm very much in favor of rail transportation.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
PA,
I should have added that if more Americans need to be "slaughtered" for the cause, they're certainly free to sign right up. That's not going to change the LIE that they are willing to die for.
Hitler showed the method...many are willing to die in their ignorance. Just feed them more propaganda, and no small lies. BIG ONES!!!

Tom
01-16-2008, 02:07 PM
What a disgusting piece of work you are. You are not fit to shine the shoes of one of those brave volunteers. They don't come much lower than you, dude.
You seem proud of your ignorance.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 02:16 PM
What a disgusting piece of work you are. You are not fit to shine the shoes of one of those brave volunteers. They don't come much lower than you, dude.
You seem proud of your ignorance.
I am afraid it is the poor ignorant ones out their who continue to be fodder for the cause who are mis-informed and who are being wasted as pawns of the out of touch lunatics who had ample warning of what to expect there.

A thirty volume work, outlining the cultural, economic etc of the transition after the fall of the government was not even reviewed before the interim government, headed by a "buddy" who did not know the language, had NO experience in that part of the world screwed up what was already a screwed up situation.

From Wikipedia: "There were critics who opposed Bush's appointment of Bremer as the special presidential envoy to Iraq. One unnamed former U.S. State Department official suggested that Bremer was the wrong man for the job. In a Newsday article, "Diplomatic About-Face/Sources: Garner out in Iraq shuffle" by Knut Royce, May 2, 2003, an unnamed former senior State Department official who worked with Bremer is quoted as saying, Bremer is a "voracious opportunist with voracious ambitions. What he knows about Iraq could not quite fill a thimble. What he knows about any part of the world would not fill a thimble. But what he knows about Washington infighting could fill three or four bushel baskets." This retired official added that the selection of Bremer is "not all that bad of an appointment" and that "he's not going to be a rubber stamp." The so-called "Washington in-fighting" appeared to have started as soon as Garner was replaced by Bremer.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
You seem proud of your ignorance.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:
Well Tommy, you finally got one thing right (partially). I AM proud, especially that I can see through the lies.
I don't know anything about shining shoes. Tell me how you do it.

lsbets
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM
I am afraid it is the poor ignorant ones out their who continue to be fodder for the cause who are mis-informed

It is quotes like this where I lose any pity that I have for you and the problems that you have. I'll just accept you for who you are - a manure shoveling washed up has been who is full of hate because when it mattered most, he failed.

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
It is quotes like this where I lose any pity that I have for you and the problems that you have. I'll just accept you for who you are - a manure shoveling washed up has been who is full of hate because when it mattered most, he failed.
Since you bought into the lie, why would I think otherwise of your position?

Support the invasion of a country and then go through a wholesale destruction of it's infrastructure and call it LIBERATION! What total bull shit.

It is just as nutty as these religious whackos in this documentary.

Tom
01-16-2008, 02:59 PM
I am afraid it is the poor ignorant ones out their who continue to be fodder for the cause who are mis-informed and who are being wasted as pawns of the out of touch lunatics who had ample warning of what to expect there.

You call our troops ignorant?
You who have read a few articles and have a 100% biased view of the world? You know less than squat.

These troops put thier lives on the line and they know what the hell they are doing. Not of one them that doesn't put you to shame in the brains department. Typical lousy lib trick - keep calling our troops dumb, and poor and desperate. You are an embarrasment to mankind.

Do me a favor, come to Toga. I'll pay your way.

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 03:01 PM
You call our troops ignorant?
You who have reads a few article and have a 100% biased view of the world?

These troops put thier lives on the line and they know what the hell they are doing. Not of one them that doesn't put you to shame in the brains department. Typical lousy lib trick - keep calling our troops dumb, and poor and desperate. You are an embarrasment to mankind.
YEARS of history has established the word PAWN. The ones that are usually sacrificed..NOTHING has changed. Different location, same sacrifice of a new bunch of naive un-enlightened lives wasted so others can get rich and powerful.

lsbets
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
46 were you this bitter before your wife's illness and you inability help her? Or has the anger and resentment come about simply because the great doctor could do nothing when it mattered most?

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 03:19 PM
46 were you this bitter before your wife's illness and you inability help her? Or has the anger and resentment come about simply because the great doctor could do nothing when it mattered most?
Let me give you a hint, unless you have some training in psychiatry, give your impotent investigational abilities a rest.

My wife and her memory have NOTHING to do with you or these ridiculous attempts at creating some link.

As I have said repeatedly, you don't know shit and bringing a dead person into the conversation is ludicrous.

lsbets
01-16-2008, 03:31 PM
You don't get some sort of a-hole immunity simply because someone you loved passed and you take out your anger at yourself for being unable to help her on the rest of the world. Your act is tiresome and you deserve to be called out. IF PA thinks I've crossed a line, I'm sure he'll let me know, but its pretty obvious to anyone who has watched your madman ramblings that your self loathing is a major source of your anger.

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 03:43 PM
You don't get some sort of a-hole immunity simply because someone you loved passed and you take out your anger at yourself for being unable to help her on the rest of the world. Your act is tiresome and you deserve to be called out. IF PA thinks I've crossed a line, I'm sure he'll let me know, but its pretty obvious to anyone who has watched your madman ramblings that your self loathing is a major source of your anger.

Spoken like someone with a mail order degree from the Tiajuna school of medicine and horseshoeing would.

You have really missed the mark. WAR is bad enough but when it is totally unnecessary and thousands of lives are being lost and/or forever changed for another LIE (I lived through the Gulf of Tolkin fabrication and saw friends and relatives react to the outright lies by drinking themselves silly or slowly killing themselves with drugs and lifestyle).

You typically have missed the mark every time. It is WAR I write against and the idiots at the helm who are outright morons.

As for myself, my career in horse racing is going well. A career I should have followed many years ago. Doors are opening all the time with wider acceptance of a fellow who entered the sport by osmosis and not birthright. Knowing I made an error (like the book The Death of Ivan Ilyich) I still have time to correct it and am making that happen. I wake up every day looking forward to my new career and am the happiest since my early 20's.

As I will repeat: you don't know shit about me.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Isbets,
YOU are the one that took this off topic and brought up the guy's deseased wife.
Don't you feel good about that?
Pretty LOW in my view, but not to worry, you blend in, plenty of others around these parts as well.
Speaking of those in need of psychiatric help.....
"madman"
"self loathing"
"anger"

If you look and the mirror and see yourself for what you really are, please, don't reach for the pistol and put it in your mouth. GET HELP FIRST!!!

lsbets
01-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Isbets,
YOU are the one that took this off topic and brought up the guy's deseased wife.
Don't you feel good about that?
Pretty LOW in my view, but not to worry, you blend in, plenty of others around these parts as well.
Speaking of those in need of psychiatric help.....
"madman"
"self loathing"
"anger"

If you look and the mirror and see yourself for what you really are, please, don't reach for the pistol and put it in your mouth. GET HELP FIRST!!!

Ah, Gittup - one of the new, or maybe not so newcomers, who knows. As I said, 46 gets no a-hole immunity from me, his act has grown pretty damned tiresome.

I certainly brought up the things I did, and I clearly stated that I felt PA would judge that I had crossed a line. If he does, so be it.

As far as you judging me, think what you want, you seem to be pretty insignifigant, so induldge yourself. You probably need some joy in your life.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Ah, Gittup - one of the new, or maybe not so newcomers, who knows. As I said, 46 gets no a-hole immunity from me, his act has grown pretty damned tiresome.

I certainly brought up the things I did, and I clearly stated that I felt PA would judge that I had crossed a line. If he does, so be it.

As far as you judging me, think what you want, you seem to be pretty insignifigant, so induldge yourself. You probably need some joy in your life.
Then it's fair that you don't get any "a-hole immunity" from me. What ya give is what ya get.
BTW...judge yourself. It's not my job.

Tom
01-16-2008, 04:02 PM
46 deserves no respect or consideration from anyone. He has shown none and proven himself unworthy of human courtesy. Ditto the new old guy.
Both go out of their way to be mean and vindictive. If they don't like the way we treat them in return, tough. They want to throw mud, they are going to get some on themselves.

Gittup
01-16-2008, 04:13 PM
46 deserves no respect or consideration from anyone. He has shown none and proven himself unworthy of human courtesy. Ditto the new old guy.
Both go out of their way to be mean and vindictive. If they don't like the way we treat them in return, tough. They want to throw mud, they are going to get some on themselves.
From this "new old guy", or old new guy, back atcha! Dirt bombs at thirty paces!
"mean and vidictive"???? Tom meet mirror.:p

46zilzal
01-16-2008, 04:20 PM
review of same.
http://journal.davidbyrne.com/2006/08/american_madras.html

GaryG
01-16-2008, 04:28 PM
David Byrne???? Hey bigmack, are you out there? Same as it ever was, right zilly?

Gittup
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
David Byrne???? Hey bigmack, are you out there? Same as it ever was, right zilly?
Duhh, problem with the truth in the article Gary?
Wrap yourself in that toiletpaper prayer shawl of a flag and visit the Southern Baptists convention. Spokesman Huckabee will tell you how the Constitution needs to be rewritten on his terms, or "God's Standard" (that only he is privy to).
Say fifty-eight "Our Fathers" and wash yourself in "holy water". Get back to me later.

bigmack
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Uncanny, as I just finished a conversation with an old pal and we spoke of that song and this is the first thread I've read here today.
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
You may say to yourself
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Hey Gittup, you might wannna tone it down a bit.

The thread is spiraling out of control - take a deep breath everyone.

Secretariat
01-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Jesus Camp was an entertaining documentary on indoctrination.

A great documentary I recommend is Zeitgeist. You may not agree with it all, but I guarantee it will make you think - particularly the last part of it.

bigmack
01-16-2008, 05:56 PM
A great documentary I recommend is Zeitgeist. You may not agree with it all, but I guarantee it will make you think - particularly the last part of it.
Conspiratorial bosh, Sec. It's the same old story. FoxNews is bad. Bush is the devil. Religious & monetary leaders are in collusion..... All wrapped in the guise of a "documentary".

Films like that might stir thought but their need to point people in a specific direction nulls any level of objectivity.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331&q=Zeitgeist&total=2653&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

bigmack
01-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Speaking of indoctrination:
http://defamer.com/344987/the-tom-cruise-indoctrination-video-scientologists-dont-want-you-to-see

KSW- http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/ksw1.html

JustRalph
01-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Duhh, problem with the truth in the article Gary?
Wrap yourself in that toiletpaper prayer shawl of a flag and visit the Southern Baptists convention. Spokesman Huckabee will tell you how the Constitution needs to be rewritten on his terms, or "God's Standard" (that only he is privy to).
Say fifty-eight "Our Fathers" and wash yourself in "holy water". Get back to me later.

Does acting like an ass come natural or do you have to work at it? You are out of line...........

Gittup
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
Does acting like an ass come natural or do you have to work at it? You are out of line...........
Seems to me that Huckabee is the natural, and it does'n't look like he's working too hard at it, just that he tapped into the "believers" that feel they're entitled to impose their beliefs on the rest of us.
Have you ever read the 1st Amendment of the Constitution regarding government and religion?

Secretariat
01-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Conspiratorial bosh, Sec. It's the same old story. FoxNews is bad. Bush is the devil. Religious & monetary leaders are in collusion..... All wrapped in the guise of a "documentary".

Films like that might stir thought but their need to point people in a specific direction nulls any level of objectivity.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5547481422995115331&q=Zeitgeist&total=2653&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Bush? It doesn't even focus on Bush much less accuse him of being the "devil". It doesn't assert "religious and monetary leaders are in collusion". And I'm wracking my brain to remember Fox News even being mentioned.

The first part of it deals with religion, the second part deals with the WTC (doesn't even mention Bush), and the third part deals with the formation of the Federal Reserve. At least watch the whole thing before you offer an opinion.

bigmack
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
It asserts: 1) Christianity is rehashed pagan sun-worship and is used by the rich and powerful to control people, 2) the 9/11 tragedies were part of an elite conspiracy, and 3) ever since World War I, the ultra-rich have been secretly manufacturing wars and financial collapses to control the populace and to get richer and more powerful. It also includes a long FoxNews montage to illustrate people eating up news that is false and has multiple clips of Bush.

My mistake. I still say, balderdash.

Secretariat
01-17-2008, 06:06 PM
It asserts: 1) Christianity is rehashed pagan sun-worship and is used by the rich and powerful to control people, 2) the 9/11 tragedies were part of an elite conspiracy, and 3) ever since World War I, the ultra-rich have been secretly manufacturing wars and financial collapses to control the populace and to get richer and more powerful. It also includes a long FoxNews montage to illustrate people eating up news that is false and has multiple clips of Bush.

My mistake. I still say, balderdash.

I didn't get that it said the rich and powerful used Christianty to control people, but pointed out the similiarites between other resurrection myths that predated Christianity. It looked at possible metaphoric rather than literal meanings to the Bible as well.

It posed questions particularly about the falling of WTC7 with video showing the fall. It illustrates there was not massive fire on WTC7 nor any overwhelming debris on top of it. It also shows via video that WTC7 collapsed much like a controlled demolition.

The point on the Federal Reserve being a seperate entity from the government was the most fascinating to me, and the Faustian regrets of Woodrow Wilson in its formation. The creation of "legal tender" rather than a gold supported dollar. And the manipulation of the dollar by the fed historically in the panic after WW1 and pre-depression.

Maybe the Fox montage was there, honestly, I didn't see it. You may say balderdash. I say informative. I'm glad then that you actually watched it.

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2008, 03:59 AM
As I will repeat: you don't know shit about me.Actually, we know a lot about you, and you only have yourself to blame for that.

PaceAdvantage
01-18-2008, 04:03 AM
Both go out of their way to be mean and vindictive. If they don't like the way we treat them in return, tough. They want to throw mud, they are going to get some on themselves.Not surprisingly, I agree with Tom.